SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about doing a small build on my 20 hc wb. This is for a 800rwhp and an e85 kit and tune. Let me know please. 馃槅 I was all for it till I saw the labor charges. Any advice would be appreciated.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's a pulley, fuel injectors, thermostat, plugs, PCM and cable. And then the tune on the dyno. For $10,500. I don't know if that's high or not because I haven't used a tuner since 2013. Back then, you could do an LS3 engine swap and dyno tune for less than that, but that was then and this is now. Some dynos are huge and difficult to put the car on, which might be why the tune is $2100. I would ensure that the tune leaves no open codes or warning lights to contend with. And hopefully your tuner lives nearby, because there's almost always problems that crop up.
It's also an e85 kit and dual fuel pumps

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$2.1k for tuning is suspect.
Is your car a M6? Do you have sentimental value in your current 2020? If the answer is no to both of those things my suggestion if your goal is 800rwhp is to sell your 2020 and buy a Red Eye and just do a pulley/tune. It will cost you a little bit more than the $10K but you will still be under warranty and have a much better platform to build off if you decide you want more down the road. Just my 2 cents but I also fall in the category of not willing to spend that much to only be at 800.
It's an auto and I think I'm gonna keep her 4ever seeing that they won't continue to be built much longer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On my 2019 HC WB, it dyno'd on a Dynojet at 680 whp on a hot/humid day. I'm doing the Incognito lower pulley and a tune and it should get real close to 800 whp on pump 93. The cost is only running me around $1800 all in with the tune and parts Maybe this would be a good choice for your needs as well if you're wanting about the same whp?
Thanks bro i really appreciate that info

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I passed on the build and bought a kawasaki zx14r 馃槅. It's my 4th zx14r . Found out that shops charge $175 an hour for labor. I'm not paying any1 that type of labor rates. So hopefully this will suffice for now. Imma leave hellcat pretty much stock and pay her off and keep her and wait till 2024 to see what's up with the hellcat lineup that's coming up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
$175 to install a thermostat!? Hahaha thats got to be a joke.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Agreed I didnt go with it. When I realized the labor rate was 175 an hr I said nahhhhh. Lol the avg labor price is 100 an hr.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
One does not simply modify their "forever car." That's because this build in particular isn't going to last very long at all. 1-2 years, maybe? Once it eats the blower, and it most definitely will, I think you might change your tune when you have to spend this again + more for a blower replacement.

What I said above can be completely negated by the statement, "I have tons of fuggin' money and I don't care." So long as that's true, then do whatever :)
That doesn't qpply to me friend. I don't have tons of money and if I did I still wouldn't be done with it lol. If I did I would have a porsche 911 turbo

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
On a side note, I met a guy last year that moved close by to me from NC and he had his Challenger Hellcat built at Mass Acceleration Motorsport. His car runs low 9's in the 1/4. I had never heard of Mass Acceleration until then but he swore by them and said they do fantastic work at a reasonable price.
Idk about the reasonable price 馃槅 but hey atleast he's happy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yep. I think demon performance is in South Carolina but atleast they're pretty well know. But 175 an hr for an unknown shop baffles me. I won't pay 175 hr labor to a well known place. I'll stay stock I don't race anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts