SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I passed on the build and bought a kawasaki zx14r 馃槅. It's my 4th zx14r . Found out that shops charge $175 an hour for labor. I'm not paying any1 that type of labor rates. So hopefully this will suffice for now. Imma leave hellcat pretty much stock and pay her off and keep her and wait till 2024 to see what's up with the hellcat lineup that's coming up.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
On my 2019 HC WB, it dyno'd on a Dynojet at 680 whp on a hot/humid day. I'm doing the Incognito lower pulley and a tune and it should get real close to 800 whp on pump 93. The cost is only running me around $1800 all in with the tune and parts. Maybe this would be a good choice for your needs as well if you're wanting about the same whp?
The incognito is the wrong way to to raise your boost a couple lbs. Without getting to a long winded rant. Anyone thinking of bolting a chunk of aluminum to their oem lower. Should google the purpose of the damper\lower pulley on a engine. Should clearly explain the reason you should not bolt a solid oversize pulley (incognito cost more then a 10% over SFI approved ATI lower) to the solid hub
(the undampened part of oem lower) that is interference fitted to stock oem non keyed crankshaft. Incognito is not a magic warranty saver. You are in the same warranty grey area that you would be in with a ATI lower that wont harm your engine.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I passed on the build and bought a kawasaki zx14r 馃槅. It's my 4th zx14r . Found out that shops charge $175 an hour for labor. I'm not paying any1 that type of labor rates. So hopefully this will suffice for now. Imma leave hellcat pretty much stock and pay her off and keep her and wait till 2024 to see what's up with the hellcat lineup that's coming up.

That quote is ridiculously over priced. If or most likely "when" you get the itch again. To add some HP to your hellcat. I have used a few shops. Best shop experience i have had for price and reasonable timeline that Alex always seems to stick to is Better Built Performance. I am on my 3rd Hellcat, 2nd Redeye. I wish i would have heard about BBP sooner.
HEMI Engine Builders - Home

Registered
Thanks bro i really appreciate that info
Just one caveat: the Incognito has no damping between the crank vibrations and the pulley, as it bolts directly to the snout, to which which the damping ring/rubber/then pulley track bolts.
My advice would be just get an ATI damper, unless you want to leave it looking unmodified when you take it off.
Fluidampr has yet to make a damper for this car. A dual-mass-ring unit that had a ring hidden in each pulley would be golden!

Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
It's an auto and I think I'm gonna keep her 4ever seeing that they won't continue to be built much longer.
One does not simply modify their "forever car." That's because this build in particular isn't going to last very long at all. 1-2 years, maybe? Once it eats the blower, and it most definitely will, I think you might change your tune when you have to spend this again + more for a blower replacement.

What I said above can be completely negated by the statement, "I have tons of fuggin' money and I don't care." So long as that's true, then do whatever :)

Registered
I passed on the build and bought a kawasaki zx14r 馃槅. It's my 4th zx14r . Found out that shops charge $175 an hour for labor. I'm not paying any1 that type of labor rates. So hopefully this will suffice for now. Imma leave hellcat pretty much stock and pay her off and keep her and wait till 2024 to see what's up with the hellcat lineup that's coming up. View attachment 578886 View attachment 578887
So you can have your cake and eat your
Castella too

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
One does not simply modify their "forever car." That's because this build in particular isn't going to last very long at all. 1-2 years, maybe? Once it eats the blower, and it most definitely will, I think you might change your tune when you have to spend this again + more for a blower replacement.

What I said above can be completely negated by the statement, "I have tons of fuggin' money and I don't care." So long as that's true, then do whatever :)
That doesn't qpply to me friend. I don't have tons of money and if I did I still wouldn't be done with it lol. If I did I would have a porsche 911 turbo

Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
That doesn't qpply to me friend. I don't have tons of money and if I did I still wouldn't be done with it lol. If I did I would have a porsche 911 turbo
Given that, then why are you building a hand grenade?

Registered
2020 Challenger HC A8

Old thread but, One of my neighbors has a newer 911, and a 'Cat, He DD's the Porsche and rarely drives the Cat.

MXA, ummmmm, I talked to them again about tuning my car, they've raised their prices, 5K+tax just to install a 2.85, ID1050x's and tune it. Since Cyber-Monday is over, I guess I can call it a COVID sale, or no sale.

I'll do the pulley/injector swap myself and remote tune it for half that.

It does seem cheaper to put a Whipple on it than over spin the 2.4.

Good luck OP.

./

Registered
Too many to list
On a side note, I met a guy last year that moved close by to me from NC and he had his Challenger Hellcat built at Mass Acceleration Motorsport. His car runs low 9's in the 1/4. I had never heard of Mass Acceleration until then but he swore by them and said they do fantastic work at a reasonable price.

Reactions: lovellgsxr

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
On a side note, I met a guy last year that moved close by to me from NC and he had his Challenger Hellcat built at Mass Acceleration Motorsport. His car runs low 9's in the 1/4. I had never heard of Mass Acceleration until then but he swore by them and said they do fantastic work at a reasonable price.
Idk about the reasonable price 馃槅 but hey atleast he's happy

Registered
Too many to list
Idk about the reasonable price 馃槅 but hey atleast he's happy
He told me was from NC and I mentioned Demon Performance was up that way, it was the only major shop I knew about in NC. He said their labor rates were way too high and then told me about Mass Acceleration. Scary if Demon Performance charges even more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yep. I think demon performance is in South Carolina but atleast they're pretty well know. But 175 an hr for an unknown shop baffles me. I won't pay 175 hr labor to a well known place. I'll stay stock I don't race anyways.

Registered
2020 Challenger HC A8
Yep. I think demon performance is in South Carolina but atleast they're pretty well know. But 175 an hr for an unknown shop baffles me. I won't pay 175 hr labor to a well known place. I'll stay stock I don't race anyways.

MXA is north of Charlotte, I live 10 minuites from their shop and they are a pretty well known around here.

Back in 2019 [seems like such a long time ago] I was at Mooresville with my Mustang and they were there track tuning a group of Dodges for a MOPAR event I presume.

I lined up against one of them and banged out a 6,38 My car was a Roush TVS with a 400shot, GeForce T56, ACT Twin disc ,4,56 rear, home build. It was a NT run, he got me by a car off the line and gapped me by another length so I'd say he ran a 5,9xx.

That run is a major reason I decided to buy a 'Cat last year.

But they are a bit high IMVHO, I'm going to go with a Dusterhoff remote tuning package, $2500-ish with the Litens 2.85.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts