SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until it goes down to about 1,000 or 900 rpm before you start driving it ?

I always do to let it warm up a bit because when driving it goes down to about 700-800rpms to start.

Share your thoughts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,169 Posts
Once I actually get mine, I will apply the same principles I've always used. Wait until it idles down and then warm it up slowly before I get into traffic to get it up to operating temp

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
Once I actually get mine, I will apply the same principles I've always used. Wait until it idles down and then warm it up slowly before I get into traffic to get it up to operating temp
you'll be 75 before that happens, the way things are going :)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,165 Posts
Yes for a couple of minutes...ha let the performance pages come up before engaging! Then seriously after driving out of your driveway don't ever press it until everything is at normal operating temps.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
Tsk, tsk, don't ruin my daydream that the 'Cat will be loaded on the railcar today. :p lol
hahahaha,,,Ok, Mine has been going to be loaded 5 times, so far since Feb 10...keep dreamin' ")

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
I warm up ANY car till the temp guage starts moving

Reactions: Carnage

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah same here, once I see the engine temp reaches the normal range I hit the gas a bit more

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes for a couple of minutes...ha let the performance pages come up before engaging! Then seriously after driving out of your driveway don't ever press it until everything is at normal operating temps.
Haha that's true that darn apps pages take a whole minute to load up

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
Only car I worry about temps is my buick with the TA aluminum block with steel caps. Both expand at different temps and has 120 pounds of oil pressure cold

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
I keep mine in a heated shop but still let it drop the idle back to 800. Then am gentle on it for the 4 miles out of the area. All speeds are 25-35 out to the hi way. Then it's up to temp for the road

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.