SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this site have any sort of wiki type function (or similar) where organize and store information. Stuff like PDFs of owners manuals, TSB info, recall info, mopar part installation instruction sheets etc. Could be PDF files or paper scanned into PDF.

It would also be nice to organize part numbers (oil filters, plugs, mud flaps etc. etc. etc).

If there is way to do this I'd be willing to volunteer time to build/update.

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,034 Posts
yes, a knowledge base would go a long way to preserving bandwidth. a simple search instead of posting the same information every time someone asks a previously answered question.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,449 Posts
Does this site have any sort of wiki type function (or similar) where organize and store information. Stuff like PDFs of owners manuals, TSB info, recall info, mopar part installation instruction sheets etc. Could be PDF files or paper scanned into PDF.

It would also be nice to organize part numbers (oil filters, plugs, mud flaps etc. etc. etc).

If there is way to do this I'd be willing to volunteer time to build/update.
What would be also helpful if this could be set up as a read only. That way you would not have to scan through pages of "chatting" to find what you are looking for.

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,034 Posts
What would be also helpful if this could be set up as a read only. That way you would not have to scan through pages of "chatting" to find what you are looking for.
not necessarily "read only" but have a separate article submission forum. then any submitted article would need to be approved by an admin/moderator before it would be posted to the KB.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My .02 but sticky threads are pia. They turn into a mess.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
Just need a knowledge base but that costs big bucks and let anyone can write one so if you have a question PM the author. The Admins and Moderators don't have time for that AND it would be second hand info. We have such a thing at work and it's nice as long as you trust the author which I did cuz 90% were mine:D

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They can be, but it is also a pita to go through 30 pages on chit chat to try and find the answer
That's why you do something like a wiki. Organize it and use it for what it is.... a documentation tool.

I have no use for a thread (sticky or not) full of info. You spend forever going through xxx pages of posts just like you said. That method stinks. This is why I asked *if* the forum software provides any sort of wiki like function.

Reactions: magnummrk

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
That's why you do something like a wiki. Organize it and use it for what it is.... a documentation tool.

I have no use for a thread (sticky or not) full of info. You spend forever going through xxx pages of posts just like you said. That method stinks. This is why I asked *if* the forum software provides any sort of wiki like function.
There does seem to be a wiki addon for the XenForo forum software that hellcat.org uses. cereal killer would have to speak to whether or not it is currently installed (guessing not) or if it could be.

That said, a sticky thread can be useful... IF the first post(s) are constantly updated with new information. Here is an example, one of my own threads (perhaps I should make it a sticky, rename and it could contain the type of information discussed in this thread):

Helpful Tips Tricks SRT Hellcat Forum

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
not necessarily "read only" but have a separate article submission forum. then any submitted article would need to be approved by an admin/moderator before it would be posted to the KB.
I like the idea but since I'm in IT field KB is traumatic terminology for me like Microsoft lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
There does seem to be a wiki addon for the XenForo forum software that hellcat.org uses. cereal killer would have to speak to whether or not it is currently installed (guessing not) or if it could be.

That said, a sticky thread can be useful... IF the first post(s) are constantly updated with new information. Here is an example, one of my own threads (perhaps I should make it a sticky, rename and it could contain the type of information discussed in this thread):

Helpful Tips Tricks SRT Hellcat Forum
I'll look at getting a wiki set up here. Excellent idea! I set one up on our Dart site and it's an excellent resource.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll look at getting a wiki set up here. Excellent idea! I set one up on our Dart site and it's an excellent resource.
Cool, I just noticed a WIKI link. This is outstanding. If done properly it will be a HUGE resource. I'd like to start a list of part numbers. Would it make sense to have a part number page or try to fit them in somewhere else. I'm thinking oil filters, mudflaps, door sills, spark plugs. Anytime you look up something to buy add the part number. Personally I wouldn't bother putting prices. Prices change and it's easy enough to google a part number to see where you can get it and for what price.

Hellcat.org rocks... This is such a useful place and a good bunch of people.. Thanks.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
Cool, I just noticed a WIKI link. This is outstanding. If done properly it will be a HUGE resource. I'd like to start a list of part numbers. Would it make sense to have a part number page or try to fit them in somewhere else. I'm thinking oil filters, mudflaps, door sills, spark plugs. Anytime you look up something to buy add the part number. Personally I wouldn't bother putting prices. Prices change and it's easy enough to google a part number to see where you can get it and for what price.

Hellcat.org rocks... This is such a useful place and a good bunch of people.. Thanks.
Yes sir , its up and running :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,015 Posts
Here is what I have started.....

HELLCAT USEFUL INFO

1: Hellcat Rim paint code is RXF Black

2: Engine Code P1524 oil pressure out of range usually caused by low oil rather than mechanical,oil press sensor or PCM.

3:- From the factory, your car will not honk the horn when you lock the doors. Go in to Settings, Doors & Locks, and make sure that 'Sound Horn With Lock' is selected.

4: Different themes for your 8" touchscreen can be set. There are multiple themes for red and blue colors. I prefer theme #6 (blue). To access, go into Settings, Display, Set Theme.

5: Accessing the Drive Modes screen is as simple as pressing the SRT button. Quickly pressing the SRT button twice will not only bring up the Drive Modes screen but also put it in your Custom mode.

6: Track and Sport drive modes only allow you to configure the HP level (500/700+). However, if you want to drive in one of those modes temporarily but still want full traction control (I recommend keeping the traction control on Street most of the time) you can achieve this by selecting the Drive Mode you want and then pressing the T/C button and cycle through until you are back in Street mode. This WILL be reflected on the Drive Modes screen. This saves you from re-configuring your Custom Drive Mode.

7: If you're going to put your car on a dyno, make sure the ABS Fuse (#36 in the Front Distribution Center) is pulled before making a pull. Otherwise, your ABS will want to intervene since the front wheels are stationary and your rear wheels are moving at a high rate of speed. This ends up cooking your rear brakes and therefore will not put down as much power. Your T/C, ESC and 'BRAKE' lights will be illuminated in the dash -- don't worry as this is normal since the ABS is pulled. You will not need to turn off T/C as it will already be done from pulling the fuse. Remember to re-install the fuse when you're done!

8: If you're frustrated with the load times for the SRT Performance Pages and just want to quickly read some info, nearly all of the same functionality is available through the DID (Driver Information Display). You can access gauges, current and past performance data much quicker this way. There also seems to be less lag (at least to me) on these gauges rather than the Performance Pages gauges.

9: Hood height adjustment - if your hood's height is slightly off it can be adjusted by the opening the hood adjusting the posts near the front of the engine compartment. Pretty self-explanatory. Adjust down to lower, adjust up to raise.

10: Exhaust tip adjustment - if your exhaust tips are crooked or otherwise misaligned they can be adjusted. There is a single bolt (I believe 13mm if I remember right, somebody correct me if I'm wrong) holding each tip on. After loosening you can adjust the position and re-tighten.

11: Oil cooler location - if you plan on changing your own oil or if your dealer is not familiar with where the oil cooler is, you'll want to know this as you must drain the oil cooler during oil changes. First remove the primary belly pan's 4 bolts in order to get to the main drain plug. To access the oil cooler, there is a second panel that must be removed. There are multiple plastic pins holding it in place, be careful when removing as they can break easily. Once the panel has been removed, the oil cooler is on the passenger side and the drain plug is located immediately after an elbow. The drain plug will be facing down and to the passenger side. See attached picture.

12:Engineering mode: You can access an Engineering mode within UConnect that allows you to view numerous items. Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility if you break anything while in these screens! In order to access, hold both driver-side temperature buttons at the same time for 5-7 seconds and the menu should open.

13: Dealer mode: You can access Dealer mode within UConnect. This is typically used by service technicians. For non-navigation units you can activate Navigation IF you have the 15-digit code that is generated elsewhere. Sorry, no free Navigation upgrades. Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility if you break anything while in these screens! In order to access, hold both driver-side temperature and front defrost button at the same time for 5-7 seconds and the menu should open.

14: UConnect Screenshots: You can take screenshots of any screen, including back-up camera image as long as a USB thumb drive is plugged in. Once the drive is plugged in, hold both driver-side temperature and rear defrost button at the same time for 5-7 seconds. Make sure that your USB thumb drive does NOT have the swdl.iso file from a radio firmware upgrade on it!

15: Driver Information Display Bug: I've discovered a bug of sorts within the DID when resetting your fuel economy info. If your page #3 has 'Peak G-Force' selected and you at some point go to page #4 and reset your fuel economy all 4 values for 'Peak G-Force' get reset to 0.00. If I have the page to the right of 'Peak G-Force' (I believe it is lap timers) and then reset the fuel economy on page #4 the values remain. Took me a bit to realize this and was disappointed the first time it happened since I lost my previous high values.

16: Forgotten (or unknown) PIN for Valet Mode: So, you've either forgot your one-time PIN for Valet mode or someone played an evil prank on you and enabled Valet Mode and won't tell you the PIN.

There is a way around this. Disconnect both positive and negative terminals from the battery and leave disconnected for at least one minute then re-connect. Cycle your ignition to RUN position without touching the brake pedal. Hit the ignition button once more to get into OFF position. Start the car up and Valet mode has been cleared.

17: Engine oil capacity is 6.5 qts with oil cooler drained, recommended oil is Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W40

18: Aftermarket replacement air filter 1/ AEM 28-20460 or AFE Power 30-10220

19: Widest rear tires available for Stock 9.5 rim are Nitto 555R-305-35-20

20: Front/Rear mud guards part numbers 82214141/82214142

21:During storage, you can put the car into shipping mode to conserve battery drain as it turns a lot of the systems off and only has the bare essentials. 1) Turn engine off. 2) Turn hazard lights on. 3) Hold up arrow on steering wheel for 5 seconds and it will enter shipping mode. Do it again to put it back in normal/customer mode.

22: To reset valet PIN you must disconnect positive and ground negative terminals off the battery for 1 min. Cycle your ignition to RUN position without touching the brakes then press the button one more time to turn it off then start your hellcat and you're good to go. Valet mode is off by this time.

23: Spark Plugs Mopar P/N SP196724AA gapped at 0.031" replaced every 36,000 miles (60,000 km)

24: Rear cargo/trunk mat Part # 82214477

25: New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – R07FCA Canada announced a safety recall on certain 2015 model year (LA/LD) Dodge Challenger SRT and Dodge Charger SRT vehicles equipped with a 6.2L supercharged engine (sales code ESD). Some of the above vehicles may experience a fuel leak at the engine fuel injector rail crossover hose. The engine fuel injector rail crossover hose may have been damaged during the manufacturing process. The damage cannot be reliably detected and may cause a fuel leak without warning. A leaking engine fuel injector rail crossover hose, in the presence of an ignition source, could cause an under hood engine fire.FCA will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all involved vehicles to replace the engine fuel injector rail crossover hose. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established methods used in the past. We ask that you please take the time to ensure that your personnel are aware of this communication and are prepared to execute a customer friendly process for inquiries on involved vehicles.
red arrow points to crossover hose. I'm thinking leak is most likely to occur at fuel pressure sensor (11) near right fuel rail

26: BREAK IN PROCEDURE : It is recommended for the operator to observe the following driving behaviors during the new vehicle break-in period:
0 to 100 miles (0 to 161 km):
• Do not allow the engine to operate at idle for an extended period of time.
• Depress the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid acceleration.
• Avoid aggressive braking.
• Drive with the engine speed less than 3,500 RPM.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 55 mph (88 km/h) and observe local speed limits.

100 to 300 miles (161 to 483 km):
• Depress the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid acceleration in lower gears (1st to 3rd gears).
• Avoid aggressive braking.
• Drive with the engine speed less than 5,000 RPM.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 70 mph (112 km/h) and observe local speed limits.

300 to 500 miles (483 to 805 km):
• Exercise the full engine rpm range, shifting manually (paddles or gear shift) at higher rpms when possible.
• Do not perform sustained operation with the accelerator pedal at wide open throttle.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 85 mph (136 km/h) and observe local speed limits.

And finally............500 miles (805 kms ) plus......go like hell

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
Hmmm.. Some of that information above looks awfully familiar. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,015 Posts
Hmmm.. Some of that information above looks awfully familiar. ;)
I didn't think it was a problem, if it is I will take the post down.
I have been compiling whatever I see that has been posted

Reactions: fnkychkn

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
I didn't think it was a problem, if it is I will take the post down.
I have been compiling whatever I see that has been posted
No worries. This is why I put it out there, for everyone to benefit. I plan on populating the new Wiki once I get home today.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.