SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,331 Posts
Can the module be installed on 2015-2017 Scat Packs?? And why not??
Why not click the link and read the article...

"
  • Second-level security offered for high-performance Dodge Charger and Challenger models equipped with 392-cu.-in. HEMI® V-8 or supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 engines
  • New Security Mode limits engines to idle speed
  • Four-digit secondary encryption protects against key-code-spoofing thieves
  • No-charge retroactive upgrade available for affected 2015-2021 model-year vehicles
"

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
136 Posts
Why not click the link and read the article...

"
  • Second-level security offered for high-performance Dodge Charger and Challenger models equipped with 392-cu.-in. HEMI® V-8 or supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 engines
  • New Security Mode limits engines to idle speed
  • Four-digit secondary encryption protects against key-code-spoofing thieves
  • No-charge retroactive upgrade available for affected 2015-2021 model-year vehicles
"
But it is specifying SRT models for 2015 and up and Scat Packs for 2019 and up.

Owners of 2015 through 2021 Dodge Challenger SRT or Charger SRT models equipped with 392-cu.-in. HEMI V-8 or supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 engines, as well as owners of 2019-2021 Scat Packs equipped with 392-cu.-in HEMI V-8 engines, should contact their local Dodge dealer to schedule a free Security Mode installation appointment.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
But it is specifying SRT models for 2015 and up and Scat Packs for 2019 and up.
Does a scat pack come with a 392...? Does the article state all vehicles 2015-2021 with 392/6.2 supercharged...?

Granted, it says Charger, I bet you could still easily explain the way they have their choice of words are encompassing more than they realized.

I doubt you couldn't argue that your scat pack, which has the engine they clearly defined in the text wouldn't be susceptible to theft/joy rides, thus should fall into the category of cars that require the extra safety parameter.

·
Registered
2021 Reactor Blue Durango Hellcat
95 Posts
Does a scat pack come with a 392...? Does the article state all vehicles 2015-2021 with 392/6.2 supercharged...?

Granted, it says Charger, I bet you could still easily explain the way they have their choice of words are encompassing more than they realized.

I doubt you couldn't argue that your scat pack, which has the engine they clearly defined in the text wouldn't be susceptible to theft/joy rides.
The scat pack comes with the 392, I can't recall but I think there were a few years of both the 345 and 392 engine choices for them but at this point it is the only engine they have.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,397 Posts
unless the SRT model 6.4 cars got a different ECU than the scat pack cars. then the scats were updated in 2019? the exact text states:

Owners of 2015 through 2021 Dodge Challenger SRT or Charger SRT models equipped with 392-cu.-in. HEMI V-8 or supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 engines, as well as owners of 2019-2021 Scat Packs equipped with 392-cu.-in HEMI V-8 engines, should contact their local Dodge dealer to schedule a free Security Mode installation appointment.

so it would seem the 2015-2018 6.4 cars don't get it.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
unless the SRT model 6.4 cars got a different ECU than the scat pack cars. then the scats were updated in 2019? the exact text states:

so it would seem the 2015-2018 6.4 cars don't get it.
Scat pack isn't a performance change, it's a trim package. Them stating 392 cars but stating only SRT trim is confusing, is there a difference between the Challenger SRT that's a 392 c.i. and the scat besides the SRT doesn't have the bee badges and honey comb accents? I don't get their choice of words hence my defense of the fact that they should honor all cars with a 392 manufacturered after 2015 as stated.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,160 Posts
The Performance Pages is totally different between the SRT 392 and the 2015-2018 Scat Pack. The SRT used the SRT Performance Pages (same as Hellcat) but the Scat Pack being an R/T used the Dodge Performance Pages and they are totally different.

Now beginning in 2019, the Scat Pack got the SRT Performance Pages so this whole security update must be tied to the SRT Performance Pages as that goes along with what they are saying - ALL SRT 392 and Hellcats and 2019-up Scat Packs.

So looks like 2015-2018 Scat Packs will not be eligible because they don't have the SRT pages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The Performance Pages is totally different between the SRT 392 and the 2015-2018 Scat Pack. The SRT used the SRT Performance Pages (same as Hellcat) but the Scat Pack being an R/T used the Dodge Performance Pages and they are totally different.

Now beginning in 2019, the Scat Pack got the SRT Performance Pages so this whole security update must be tied to the SRT Performance Pages as that goes along with what they are saying - ALL SRT 392 and Hellcats and 2019-up Scat Packs.

So looks like 2015-2018 Scat Packs will not be eligible because they don't have the SRT pages.

makes perfect sense then. Good to know.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Just a note, with a Tazer the 15-18 SPs CAN get the SRT pages. There is no reason they couldn't be upgraded except dodge not wanting to unlock features. I'm guessing this is just a different version of Valet mode which does exactly the same thing just with more power.

Personally I'd be ecstatic if Dodge would offer 17+ models with the new panasonic UC4 a way to unlock settings like track mode and such without the need for a Tazer.

I really hope they include the 15-18 Scat Packs.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
I thought that starting in 2019, the Scat Packs had similar electronics as the Hellcat, which is why I bought my Scat for 2019. Maybe that's why it's only 2019 and above Scats.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,160 Posts
I thought that starting in 2019, the Scat Packs had similar electronics as the Hellcat, which is why I bought my Scat for 2019. Maybe that's why it's only 2019 and above Scats.
That is true. As soon as the SRT 392 was discontinued after 2018, they brought the SRT Performance Pages over to the Scat Pack for 2019.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts