SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Dodge Brother's book

2239 14
My son needs to do some work on a book for an assignment at school. He chose the Dodge Brothers book ( Dodge Brothers, The Men, the Motor Cars, and the Legacy). I am amazed of what Horace and John were able to accomplished during their short lives. They made a boat that had a 1600 HP motor!! They made parts for a cannon. They were AMAZING employers and best of all, they left a huge legacy. I can imagine them making a Hellcat with at least 1200 HP.
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I wonder what they think of the K car?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Or that thing they called a Charger in the 80's

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am pretty sure that they will NOT let those 2 things happen if they were alive !! lol

And they will never go with the "allocation" process either !!

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting they left Ford Motor Company to start their own.
The Dodge Brothers made everything except for the chassis and the wheels, from 1902 until 1913. Between 1902 and 1903 Ford owed them $10,000 dollars, instead of paying them back, John asked for 10% of the stocks.
Ford lied about "renting" the Dodge Brothers plant. The brothers were always suppliers, not employees.
Eventually the brothers took Ford to court because Ford did not want to pay to its stockholders.
Very interesting book, if you have time to read it is a great book.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
The Dodge Brothers made everything except for the chassis and the wheels, from 1902 until 1913. Between 1902 and 1903 Ford owed them $10,000 dollars, instead of paying them back, John asked for 10% of the stocks.
Ford lied about "renting" the Dodge Brothers plant. The brothers were always suppliers, not employees.
Eventually the brothers took Ford to court because Ford did not want to pay to its stockholders.
Very interesting book, if you have time to read it is a great book.
Very cool thank you, I love history

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
My son needs to do some work on a book for an assignment at school. He chose the Dodge Brothers book ( Dodge Brothers, The Men, the Motor Cars, and the Legacy). I am amazed of what Horace and John were able to accomplished during their short lives. They made a boat that had a 1600 HP motor!! They made parts for a cannon. They were AMAZING employers and best of all, they left a huge legacy. I can imagine them making a Hellcat with at least 1200 HP.
I need to read up on them!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
Congrats, that's great. Tell your son he's getting kudos Nationally from forum members. :D

Reactions: F6F

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Get him a Chally Scat Pack for his 16th birthday!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.