SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Big power isn't just limited to our war and space machines. Our cars are powerful too, as evidenced by the two iconic musclecars gracing this article. The recently refreshed 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is the most powerful Camaro ever made, with 580 hp on tap. The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, also new this year, is among the most powerful mass-production vehicles ever made, with 707 screaming ponies under the hood. With Ford and its 662-hp Shelby Mustang currently out of the production, the Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat and their combined 1287 horsepower represent the two toughest musclecars around. One has to be better than the other, though, and as was the case back in the musclecar's heyday, the winner of this comparo must show itself to be dominant at the test track, fast in a straight line, be the best boulevard cruiser, and ooze street presence. With that in mind, we saddled up and took these two steroid-injected ponycars to some of SoCal's most iconic Americana hot spots to figure out which is best.

Read more: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs. 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
My favorite quotes:
Dodge makes the Chevy feel oh so slow. Not surprisingly with more than 700 horsepower on tap and narrow 275-width Pirelli P Zero rear tires, the Challenger proved difficult to launch even with launch control enabled. The drag-race-ready Challenger's best 0-60 mph run was with a second-gear start, resulting in a 3.7-second time, and an impressive quarter-mile performance of 11.7 seconds at a stupid-fast 125.4 mph. That trap speed doesn't embarrass Camaro ZL1 owners alone, but both Nissan GT-R Nismo and Porsche 911 Turbo S owners, too.

Killer article! Shove that in your tailpipe and smoke it Camaro! Your big Bro Corvette can bite me too! LOL;) sorry...just can't get over my animosity. My Charger was redeemed this morning when we ate a rice burner for breakfast!!:D My car is dieting until the Hellcat gets here, I am trying to keep him off the Corvettes for now.:p

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
727 Posts
My favorite quotes:
Dodge makes the Chevy feel oh so slow. Not surprisingly with more than 700 horsepower on tap and narrow 275-width Pirelli P Zero rear tires, the Challenger proved difficult to launch even with launch control enabled. The drag-race-ready Challenger's best 0-60 mph run was with a second-gear start, resulting in a 3.7-second time, and an impressive quarter-mile performance of 11.7 seconds at a stupid-fast 125.4 mph. That trap speed doesn't embarrass Camaro ZL1 owners alone, but both Nissan GT-R Nismo and Porsche 911 Turbo S owners, too.

Killer article! Shove that in your tailpipe and smoke it Camaro! Your big Bro Corvette can bite me too! LOL;) sorry...just can't get over my animosity. My Charger was redeemed this morning when we ate a rice burner for breakfast!!:D My car is dieting until the Hellcat gets here, I am trying to keep him off the Corvettes for now.:p
2.95sec 0-60 and 10.82 1/4 mile on stock tires....lol just feeding your animosity some lol. Love ya and our soon to be home hellcats.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
2.95sec 0-60 and 10.82 1/4 mile on stock tires....lol just feeding your animosity some lol. Love ya and our soon to be home hellcats.
You know it would be boring around here if I did not have you and a few others to keep me on my toes. I do want our domestics to stick around so, someone has to buy them!! Might as well be you. LMAO!!;) Just know that eventually I will have my skills up and HP kicked a notch and my Hellbaby WILL eat some Che%y and For# for lunch.:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
Haters will always hate,,, mustang rides like a skate board,, slomaro is cheap plastic everywhere.. people are burning challengers cause it's over all a better car....mind you I have never owned one..but I read a lot of get back,,

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Haters will always hate,,, mustang rides like a skate board,, slomaro is cheap plastic everywhere.. people are burning challengers cause it's over all a better car....mind you I have never owned one..but I read a lot of get back,,
TRUE THAT!! LMAO! Can't beat a MOPAR for overall KICKASSERY!!:p

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
107 Posts
212 sticks and 27 automatics in KZL status right now shipping. No sequential serial numbers shipping either. No sense to the shipping orders . vin numbers from the FH7135-- all the way to FH727--- and all over the place in between . Cars ordered at 9--AM on 09/09 and cars ordered on 09/11 . So who knows? And yes I have color counts. Took me a while to count them individually but I thought some of you would have an interest in this..... Automatics, 5 Redline, 10 Pitch Black, 2 Sublime, 1 Ivory White, 4 Torred, 1 Bright White and 4 Pitch Black... That's the 27 Automatics... Sticks, 11 Redline, 50 Phantom Black, 47 Sublime, 2 Jazzblue, 9 Ivory White, 8 Billet Silver, 6 Granite Crystal, 27 Torred, 10 Bright White, 42 Pitch Black... That's your 212 sticks. For you folks that like statistics. And they are going everywhere , out west , north , south, east, even to Canada.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
727 Posts
212 sticks and 27 automatics in KZL status right now shipping. No sequential serial numbers shipping either. No sense to the shipping orders . vin numbers from the FH7135-- all the way to FH727--- and all over the place in between . Cars ordered at 9--AM on 09/09 and cars ordered on 09/11 . So who knows? And yes I have color counts. Took me a while to count them individually but I thought some of you would have an interest in this..... Automatics, 5 Redline, 10 Pitch Black, 2 Sublime, 1 Ivory White, 4 Torred, 1 Bright White and 4 Pitch Black... That's the 27 Automatics... Sticks, 11 Redline, 50 Phantom Black, 47 Sublime, 2 Jazzblue, 9 Ivory White, 8 Billet Silver, 6 Granite Crystal, 27 Torred, 10 Bright White, 42 Pitch Black... That's your 212 sticks. For you folks that like statistics. And they are going everywhere , out west , north , south, east, even to Canada.
Great work!

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,193 Posts
great post!!! thx again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My favorite quotes:

Hey Tammie, I got my VIN number from my dealer for my Hellcat. Can't wait. black on black.... beauty... Is there a way to follow my build? Also can I tell what number my car is from my VIN? if so which numbers is it?

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Hey Tammie, I got my VIN number from my dealer for my Hellcat. Can't wait. black on black.... beauty... Is there a way to follow my build? Also can I tell what number my car is from my VIN? if so which numbers is it?
YES AND YES!!! Congrats, first of all!! So, the best way to get an update right now is to call SRT. 1-855-SRT-TEAM and they can give you updates. The website to check is still down. If you go to Breaking News - Challenger Hellcats 11 12 14 SRT Hellcat Forum this thread, ResumeSpeed is our resident bada$$ insider that can tell you what build number based on VIN, once the car has been built. Be a little patient, I know kettle...pot here..., it might take a bit for them to start the build. Once that is done, I think it might start moving a little faster now that most the bugs seem to be worked out!! fingers crossed.;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.