SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
121 Posts
I can tell you if it changes to anything that even remotely looks like the GTA it will not sell like it does now. Performance be damned.
That GTO - er, GTA styling goes against everything Dodge is currently.
Also i need to get my hands on one more new Hellcat before BMW gets involved. Over complicating everything they touch and reducing long term reliability is especially concerning to me. I want zero to do with a product that is influenced by BMW.
I wo u ld double like this if I could BMW...Bring my wallet...and from someone who used to love them they are amazing....till 50k miles

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,114 Posts
I wo u ld double like this if I could BMW...Bring my wallet...and from someone who used to love them they are amazing....till 50k miles
🏆

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
I can tell you if it changes to anything that even remotely looks like the GTA it will not sell like it does now. Performance be damned.
That GTO - er, GTA styling goes against everything Dodge is currently.
Also i need to get my hands on one more new Hellcat before BMW gets involved. Over complicating everything they touch and reducing long term reliability is especially concerning to me. I want zero to do with a product that is influenced by BMW.
As a BMW fan myself, you are speaking the truth. Over engineering is a requirement for BMW.

As a side note, the Camaro ZL1 1LE is all American and supposedly performs in the Supercar territory. If Chevy can do that to tha Camaro, Dodge should be a able to follow suit...

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Who says it needs to be redesigned?

Have a Barracuda for sale right alongside it, with a different look and focus.

Why toss a winner, gambling you won't totally screw things up? Remember when you got coma-drunk on stupid sauce, Dodge, and quit making 2-door sport compact cars, right at the peak of the sport compact car craze?

REMEMBER?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Reminds me of the EPA. Hit men hired by whoever had the money to cancel projects because they found it " is a grave enfvironmental disaster of unprecedented proportions because the proposed factory or dam interferes with the masturbation habits of the shrieking fat-faced slime gecko" or whatever.

Evidently, they were bought out by China along with Joe Biden's son a long time ago and tried to run all manufacturing of any sort out of the USA.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
21 Posts
Hell...The Porsche hasn't 'really' changed it's look since 1965 with the 914...OK..OK..OK..928...924...But are they around?...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,096 Posts
They still turn heads everytime I see one, especially the Z06 versions. i would love to own one, but got kids and all.....Challenger fills my itch for now!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Hell...The Porsche hasn't 'really' changed it's look since 1965 with the 914...OK..OK..OK..928...924...But are they around?...
One car they made that led to the 944 was the special-edition ultra-light 924 turbo that had basically hollow doors and many other lightweight touches. It may not have kept up with the Hellcat, but, the sheer, raw, naked "every pound you shave is a noticeable improvement" ethic is kinda seductive.

With the Hellcat, every pound you shave just seems to add annoying noise or inconvenience without really impacting the 4000+ pound overall mass much.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,096 Posts
one of the cars on my bucket list to own......one day

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2016 TorRed Hellcat A8
35 Posts
I don't know, I'm an old guy and I was around street racing my 69 Bee back in the early 70s. I was not just gas prices the doomed the musclecar back then, it was the Insurance companies. Those cars were making 300 to 500 hp. Not 717 on up!
How much longer before the insurance companies do it again?

Just .02 from an old guy
Varooom

What kind of Super Bee did you have?! I love the stories about classic mopar muscle and drag racing!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts