SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,130 Posts
Seems to me a few years ago there was a shot of a screen from an FCA board meeting talking about future plans and if I remember right they were talking about 2023 for challenger refresh. Most businesses this size seem to move slower than planned. Can’t imagine them being ahead of schedule. I think it called for Ram 1500 refresh for 2017. Took them till 2019. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Hell....with current world situation we’ll be lucky to have the Detroit auto show even happen this year.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,114 Posts
Seems to me a few years ago there was a shot of a screen from an FCA board meeting talking about future plans and if I remember right they were talking about 2023 for challenger refresh. Most businesses this size seem to move slower than planned. Can’t imagine them being ahead of schedule. I think it called for Ram 1500 refresh for 2017. Took them till 2019. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Hell....with current world situation we’ll be lucky to have the Detroit auto show even happen this year.
Pretty sure 2023 was supposed to be all new platform. No refresh mentioned. I’m surprised to not see a refresh already though. Five model years since the last one.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
823 Posts
Reactions: Xylander and EV2&Q5

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
121 Posts
Get rid of the flares and make the fender one piece but just as wide as the widebody! Would look absolutely amazing, maybe even make it a bit wider!

Reactions: 2ndAmend

·
Registered
40 Posts
Okay I'm going to update to get discussion started on 21', 22', and 23' builds. Quick intro, super new just started researching state of the Charger. From what I'm getting a 22' will have an electric motor of some type possibly as an option or just for the V-6 models IDK, the 23' is going to be a complete new platform whether the combustion engine will stay is in question. If you have heard anything different please reply. I'm now stuck between ordering a 22' and staying in the current series or the 23' and risking an American looking German/Italian car with no real soul, just another version of what everyone else is doing put in a pretty package.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So, we are in July 2021, in the middle of a pandemic 😷 and a chip shortage. Almost all car factories are stopped and a bunch of dealerships are asking ridiculous market price (at least here in Miami, $50K over MSRP for a Challenger RT). Here is coming out again my question: Will we see a redesign in the challenger for next year?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Don’t let any members of the C7 design committee ANYWHERE near FCA/Peugeot. Massage it a little. Maybe.
The C7 looked like a bastard child of a Tonka, Transformer, Hot Wheels, Dinky Toy, and some cheap, disposable toddler-amusement device from a Chinese landfill, designed by a bastard child. What a laughable "dipping point" to intentionally accentuate the new C8. Every American maker does that at some point, it seems, plummets the quality/desirability of a brand/marque/model to introduce The New Thing That Looks Better By Comparison!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
823 Posts
If they are going to make them Ricey looking like the new Mustwang's and Camero's they should just retire the name.

Reactions: Baldnut

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
The Challenger hasn’t seen a significant redesign since 2008 and it got a refresh for 2015. Earlier, I read few articles that a new Challenger would arrive for 2023; which does not mean that the current model will disappear. A publication alleges Dodge is considering building the current- and next-generation Challenger models together, if only for a few months, at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Ontario, Canada.

The Challenger has been out for a decade, and it’s only getting more popular. Even though Chrysler hasn’t fully redesigned the Challenger, they’ve kept it tremendously modern with many technology updates. They’re also releasing new versions, continually keeping buyers coming back with more power, new models and special versions like the Hellcat, the Redeye, and the Demon. Why change something that is almost perfect?

So, will we see a refresh soon?
Thoughts.
A woman's body and the Challenger. Two things that need no "modernization."

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
On a related note, Ferrari never topped the 330 P4 in beauty. No other car sings "Ferrari" in a voice that would do Luciano Pavorotti proud like the Le Mans winning Ferrari 330 P4 coupe.

In a similar vein, "Mopar" will be associated with the Hellcat Challenger for decades to come. Sorry, lovers of the amorphous blob other Hellcat model.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,082 Posts
The C7 looked like a bastard child of a Tonka, Transformer, Hot Wheels, Dinky Toy, and some cheap, disposable toddler-amusement device from a Chinese landfill, designed by a bastard child. What a laughable "dipping point" to intentionally accentuate the new C8. Every American maker does that at some point, it seems, plummets the quality/desirability of a brand/marque/model to introduce The New Thing That Looks Better By Comparison!
Those are fighting words. I happen to think that the C7 is the best looking modern Corvette. Also, I'm not just opinionated, I'm always right.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
21 Posts
Forget the back seat and make it look like a Ferrari 275 GTB Short Nose...

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Those are fighting words. I happen to think that the C7 is the best looking modern Corvette. Also, I'm not just opinionated, I'm always right.
1969 Corvette with the (I believe it was catalogued as) L88 iron 454 engine that, with GM-available headers installed at the dealer, gave 585 hp.
THAT was the zenith and pinnacle of the Corvette. All other models of Corvette are acolytes at the temple that houses that Corvette, it was a high water mark that has yet to be surpassed.
Same with Ford and the Boss Nine Mustang
Same with Dodge and the Challenger Hellcat
Same with Ferrari and the 330P4 (for LeMans-winning street cars)
Same with Ferrari and the 288GTO (for cars designed to be built out, THEN raced, yet still very much looked like a distilled and more awesome version of the base car, in this car, a 308.)
Same with Chevrolet and the 1970 454SS Chevelle
Same with Porsche and the 1974 2.14L Turbo-Carrera for sheer "even aliens visiting Earth for the first time would know that that thing was a Porsche," it so embodied the Porsche 911, yet on steroids, design ethos.
Same with De Tomaso and the Pantera GT5
Same with Dodge and the Viper ACR
Same with Lola and the T165, also Chevrolet big-block powered
Same with Matra and its V12 engine
Same with Mazda and the 787b
Same with Chevrolet and the 1957 Nomad wagon
Same with Buick and the V-taper rear window Riviera
Same with with Oldsmobile and the 1969 Toronado
Same with Pro Stock in the carbureted era with the giant hood scoops and real factory steel
Same with Pro Street and Rick Dobbertin's J2000

Notice how only one of these high water marks is now available on showroom floors?

If you are not a Hellcat Challenger owner and are wondering at getting one, let me warn you: avoid decades of moaning about "how I could have gotten a Hellcat with that outrageous blown Hemi, for only 50k back in the day."

Just go out and get a couple. One to put in a plastic enclosure and preserve it for your grandkids, and a second to beat the heck out of, with headers, bushing, mods, tires, wheels, etc, BUT keep the stock parts for future adimiration.

Don't be part of Generation Regret part II.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,082 Posts
1969 Corvette with the (I believe it was catalogued as) L88 iron 454 engine that, with GM-available headers installed at the dealer, gave 585 hp.
THAT was the zenith and pinnacle of the Corvette. All other models of Corvette are acolytes at the temple that houses that Corvette, it was a high water mark that has yet to be surpassed.
Same with Ford and the Boss Nine Mustang
Same with Dodge and the Challenger Hellcat
Same with Ferrari and the 330P4 (for LeMans-winning street cars)
Same with Ferrari and the 288GTO (for cars designed to be built out, THEN raced, yet still very much looked like a distilled and more awesome version of the base car, in this car, a 308.)
Same with Chevrolet and the 1970 454SS Chevelle
Same with Porsche and the 1975 2.14L Turbo-Carrera for sheer "even aliens visiting Earth for the first time would know that that thing was a Porsche," it so embodied the Porsche 911, yet on steroids, design ethos.
Same with De Tomaso and the Pantera GT5
Same with Dodge and the Viper ACR
Same with Lola and the T165, also Chevrolet big-block powered
Same with Matra and its V12 engine
Same with Mazda and the 787b
Same with Chevrolet and the 1957 Nomad wagon
Same with Buick and the V-taper rear window Riviera
Same with with Oldsmobile and the 1969 Toronado
Same with Pro Stock in the carbureted era with the giant hood scoops and real factory steel
Same with Pro Street and Rick Dobbertin's J2000

Notice how only one of these high water marks is now available on showroom floors?

If you are not a Hellcat Challenger owner and are wondering at getting one, let me warn you: avoid decades of moaning about "how I could have gotten a Hellcat with that outrageous blown Hemi, for only 50k back in the day."

Just go out and get a couple. One to put in a plastic enclosure and preserve it for your grandkids, and a second to beat the heck out of, with headers, bushing, mods, tires, wheels, etc, BUT keep the stock parts for future adimiration.

Don't be part of Generation Regret part II.
I had a Hellcat and am going to be ordering a Redeye soon.

Reactions: Hellcat_Red

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
20 years from now, after my future kids grow up with the Hellcat, I want to be able to look pack, insert thumbs under underarms, and say, "Welp, I sure made the right move." As all the other kids stare wide-eyed at the Himmelkat kids who got to ride around in the fastest car in the valley, that makes wonderful noises and is as distinct from the other neutermobiles as the sound of the Matra motor was over top of all the other LeMans cars of its day, which motor you could track, audibly, around the entire circuit, over the sounds of the other cars, as you sat in one of the pits.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Well, September 2021, nothing has changed in the challenger design after a Pandemic (currently), a chips shortage, Stellantis disbanded SRT team, and the higher dealer markups ever. Crazy eh?
So, here is again my question.
Will we see a redesign in 2022?
Wil we see the “Power Dollar” discount again?
What will happen with the Hellcats future?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts