SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Dodge Challenger will be redesigned sooner or later.

16K views 127 replies 30 participants last post by  Slowpoke387 
#1 ·
The Challenger hasn’t seen a significant redesign since 2008 and it got a refresh for 2015. Earlier, I read few articles that a new Challenger would arrive for 2023; which does not mean that the current model will disappear. A publication alleges Dodge is considering building the current- and next-generation Challenger models together, if only for a few months, at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Ontario, Canada.

The Challenger has been out for a decade, and it’s only getting more popular. Even though Chrysler hasn’t fully redesigned the Challenger, they’ve kept it tremendously modern with many technology updates. They’re also releasing new versions, continually keeping buyers coming back with more power, new models and special versions like the Hellcat, the Redeye, and the Demon. Why change something that is almost perfect?

So, will we see a refresh soon?
Thoughts.

#2 ·
Im thinking a refresh will happen in 2021 or it wont happen. New platform is on the way and it it wouldnt make sense to do a refresh for only one year.

#4 ·
Never going to happen. He can’t say...FCA put an end to that. Took the fun out of it for sure.

#7 ·
I don't know, I'm an old guy and I was around street racing my 69 Bee back in the early 70s. I was not just gas prices the doomed the musclecar back then, it was the Insurance companies. Those cars were making 300 to 500 hp. Not 717 on up!
How much longer before the insurance companies do it again?

Just .02 from an old guy
Varooom

#12 ·
Yup. I hope Nader is rolling in his grave. Killjoy bastard...

Reactions: Jimmy N.
#10 ·
That's right! Why does a Dodge Challenger need to be redesigned?
I don't get it why some people are asking changes? Maybe few in technologies and little on interior material quality. That's it!
The Dodge Challenger Hellcat can live for 20 years more, they just need to improve more and more in power, like they are doing until now.
Long live the Hellcat!

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks to all of you for participating here and I have the last question:
Base on the current situation (COVID-19) and additional information you may have, do you think the Dodge Challenger Hellcat will be modified for 2021 (External changes or interior design) or it is just speculations? :rolleyes:

I'm asking because I want to buy a Redeye but I would like to save more money just in case, for a better downpayment and lower the monthly payments, but I wouldn't want to wait until 2021 and Dodge come out with a new design exterior or interior that I don't like it. I pretend to get it as a Lease, then I will buy it if all goes well with it.

Also, do you think after this "Covid-19" crisis, the dealers and brands will low the prices?

#16 ·
🤐

#20 ·
I can tell you if it changes to anything that even remotely looks like the GTA it will not sell like it does now. Performance be damned.
That GTO - er, GTA styling goes against everything Dodge is currently.
Also i need to get my hands on one more new Hellcat before BMW gets involved. Over complicating everything they touch and reducing long term reliability is especially concerning to me. I want zero to do with a product that is influenced by BMW.

#22 ·
I can tell you if it changes to anything that even remotely looks like the GTA it will not sell like it does now. Performance be damned.
That GTO - er, GTA styling goes against everything Dodge is currently.
Also i need to get my hands on one more new Hellcat before BMW gets involved. Over complicating everything they touch and reducing long term reliability is especially concerning to me. I want zero to do with a product that is influenced by BMW.
I wo u ld double like this if I could BMW...Bring my wallet...and from someone who used to love them they are amazing....till 50k miles

#25 ·
Who says it needs to be redesigned?

Have a Barracuda for sale right alongside it, with a different look and focus.

Why toss a winner, gambling you won't totally screw things up? Remember when you got coma-drunk on stupid sauce, Dodge, and quit making 2-door sport compact cars, right at the peak of the sport compact car craze?

REMEMBER?

#29 ·
Reminds me of the EPA. Hit men hired by whoever had the money to cancel projects because they found it " is a grave enfvironmental disaster of unprecedented proportions because the proposed factory or dam interferes with the masturbation habits of the shrieking fat-faced slime gecko" or whatever.

Evidently, they were bought out by China along with Joe Biden's son a long time ago and tried to run all manufacturing of any sort out of the USA.

#37 ·
One car they made that led to the 944 was the special-edition ultra-light 924 turbo that had basically hollow doors and many other lightweight touches. It may not have kept up with the Hellcat, but, the sheer, raw, naked "every pound you shave is a noticeable improvement" ethic is kinda seductive.

With the Hellcat, every pound you shave just seems to add annoying noise or inconvenience without really impacting the 4000+ pound overall mass much.

#36 ·
They still turn heads everytime I see one, especially the Z06 versions. i would love to own one, but got kids and all.....Challenger fills my itch for now!

#38 ·
one of the cars on my bucket list to own......one day

Reactions: BrakeFade
#41 ·
Seems to me a few years ago there was a shot of a screen from an FCA board meeting talking about future plans and if I remember right they were talking about 2023 for challenger refresh. Most businesses this size seem to move slower than planned. Can’t imagine them being ahead of schedule. I think it called for Ram 1500 refresh for 2017. Took them till 2019. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Hell....with current world situation we’ll be lucky to have the Detroit auto show even happen this year.

#42 ·
Pretty sure 2023 was supposed to be all new platform. No refresh mentioned. I’m surprised to not see a refresh already though. Five model years since the last one.

#49 ·
The C7 looked like a bastard child of a Tonka, Transformer, Hot Wheels, Dinky Toy, and some cheap, disposable toddler-amusement device from a Chinese landfill, designed by a bastard child. What a laughable "dipping point" to intentionally accentuate the new C8. Every American maker does that at some point, it seems, plummets the quality/desirability of a brand/marque/model to introduce The New Thing That Looks Better By Comparison!

#45 ·
Get rid of the flares and make the fender one piece but just as wide as the widebody! Would look absolutely amazing, maybe even make it a bit wider!

Reactions: 2ndAmend
#46 ·
Okay I'm going to update to get discussion started on 21', 22', and 23' builds. Quick intro, super new just started researching state of the Charger. From what I'm getting a 22' will have an electric motor of some type possibly as an option or just for the V-6 models IDK, the 23' is going to be a complete new platform whether the combustion engine will stay is in question. If you have heard anything different please reply. I'm now stuck between ordering a 22' and staying in the current series or the 23' and risking an American looking German/Italian car with no real soul, just another version of what everyone else is doing put in a pretty package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.