SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,537 Posts
You will be able to find someone to trade you easily. Those wheels are far better looking than the five spoke to a lot of us.

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts
Yeah theyre not going to switch out the wheels for you. That's a dealer thing if anything. Sounds crazy but they fulfilled an order from the dealer. Every new vehicle I've purchased, the dealer has emphasized that no changes can be made once the order goes in. It's now on you and the dealer to work it out - or not...

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts
The issue is they did not provide the dealer with any aids to sell when these cars came out. It's not like I'm changing my mind. I was shocked to see the first visual representation of the car I ordered.

I am so disappointed. All my excitement for owning a hellcat is dead due to how I was treated by them.
I'm aware of why it happened. It won't change anything. Theyre just going to tell you that you should've waited until the info was released or some other reason, which is crap tbh. Ordering off of '22 info was obviously a gamble and not technically on them, they fulfilled the order of '23 base wheels (which no one knew about). I'm not blaming you for them not releasing the info in a timely manner but at the same time the order was placed without (somehow) confirming if the base wheels had changed. Understandably you and your dealer assumed/guessed when ordering, which is all you could've done with the info you had. Waiting would be the only way to really know which are the '23 base wheels. They def shouldnt allow order banks to open w/o all of the info out there.
In the end if you order a new car based off the previous MY, even if that's all there is to go on, it's on you. Not saying I agree with how this can happen but here we are. I'd be disappointed too. Wheels can make or break the whole look. I get it.

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts
Great. An 80k dream car that became a nightmare. I used to be so excited and happy. Now I have a car arriving within a week or so that isn't what I thought I ordered and a company that doesn't give a * about helping me.
I know. Tbh I'd be more pissed at the dealer. He's in the business, you're not. He should know that w/o actual '23 pictures there's no way to be sure about changes and shouldve thrown that out there. But he's wasnt about to say anything and possibly lose a sale.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts
If you get that it's "technically true" then why all the drama? I've been through the order process on a '23 and you have to select a wheel. You selected the wrong wheel. No need for all the hand wringing and temper tantrums. Phrases like "making me reconsider whether I even want a hellcat at all" and "All my excitement for owning a hellcat is dead" is not a good look for anyone. Walk away from the car and let a reasonable person buy it.
The issue he’s having is the build site hadnt been updated with ‘23 pictures yet. He had no pics to go by. The name of the base wheels had changed, but that is easily overlooked without pictures. I do agree with you though, to not even want a hellcat now is more of a knee-jerk disappointment reaction than anything else. He’ll get the wheels figured out somehow and in the end he’ll be back here telling us how much he loves his new car lol. I completely get the disappointment because wheels can make or break how you see your car.

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts
I know, I've been through the ordering process screens. But you have to make a wheel selection. In my case there were three choices. Bottom line is an uninformed choice is still a choice. You can always defer until you're satisfied that you have the information you need to make the decision. Or plow through if that's your choice, but then it's on you (and he knows that, he's admitted as much).
I agree completely

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts
Feels like warm rain to me! I don't know anyone who wants a year old model car that they can't build. Do you? They damn well have the ability to put '22 and '23 info on the configurator same as the toggle switch for "buy" or "lease". It's very obvious that they are F-ing with their potential customer. What does "Dodge Cares" think? I'm pretty sure they read these posts. Hello? Is "Dodge Cares" out there??hello hello hello..
Knock knock?
Who's there?
Dodge doesn't...
Dodge doesn't who?
Dodge doesn't care if I'm aware.
Not sure why people scream out for Dodgecares. That is a joke. OP has already bypassed the messenger which is just a glorified PR secretary anyway.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts
Dodge cares is the joke and no one is screaming.
Screaming/whining. Same thing to me. No one wants to do the leg work themselves. And yeah that’s what I meant about DC - more of a joke imo. People constantly tagging what is clearly just a PR secretary makes it worse.

· HOTM Winner
12,537 Posts
Did you order widebody? If so the 5-point wheel is not available, all widebodies get the wheel in the lower photo.
Did you look at OP's very first post? The one with the picture??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts