SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Dodge changed the stock wheels on 23 :(

4134 Views 118 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  rhase
Well, tonight I am extremely disappointed after I got a rendering finally showing up beside my order.

This is the car I thought I had ordered:
Wheel Tire Window Vehicle Hood

This is the render:
Wheel Vehicle Tire Window Hood

I apologize to anyone who likes these wheels, everyone has their own tastes, but I am extremely saddened. It dramatically changes the look of the car, and I am just upset with dodge for not having an updated build experience for us to use to order these cars. This is not what I was expecting at all. (The dealer does know to leave the license plate off my car though, so at least there is that! lol).

I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to ask him if it's possible to order a set of '22 stock OEM wheels. It's just honestly killing a lot of the joy of ordering this car for me to have such a prominent feature swapped out from what I was expecting. This was my first ordered car and I can't understate how in love with it I was.

Emphasis on was.

Don't suppose anyone here is near Boston/new england and has very lightly used '22 stock wheels you want to trade? Or does anyone have input on how to get the wheels I wanted?
Reactions: Jagdtiger
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,213 Posts
Well, tonight I am extremely disappointed after I got a rendering finally showing up beside my order.

This is the car I thought I had ordered:
View attachment 611563
This is the render:
View attachment 611564
I apologize to anyone who likes these wheels, everyone has their own tastes, but I am extremely saddened. It dramatically changes the look of the car, and I am just upset with dodge for not having an updated build experience for us to use to order these cars. This is not what I was expecting at all. (The dealer does know to leave the license plate off my car though, so at least there is that! lol).

I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to ask him if it's possible to order a set of '22 stock OEM wheels. It's just honestly killing a lot of the joy of ordering this car for me to have such a prominent feature swapped out from what I was expecting. This was my first ordered car and I can't understate how in love with it I was.

Emphasis on was.

Don't suppose anyone here is near Boston/new england and has very lightly used '22 stock wheels you want to trade? Or does anyone have input on how to get the wheels I wanted?
A little confused here, which wheel comes on the 2023? The 5 spoke or the 10 spoke?

· Registered
1,213 Posts
On about Jan 15th I noticed Dodge had the audacity to add the 2023 Hornet to the build configurator but still haven't put up the 23' Chargers and Challengers. I wrote them an email asking why they're lagging and the response was "we want the configurater to reflect the majority of what dealers have in stock! WATAF?? Makes no sense considering you can't order a 22 your way anymore anyway. They're basically just pissing on our backs and telling us it's a nice warm rain. Get your shit together Dodge and update your info. This is 2023 for Christ's sake, hire another dewd or a chick to work along side the kid who added the Hornet. Quit your STALLing STALLantis.

Reactions: JMAbacus

· Registered
1,213 Posts
They have done this forever and probably won't change. They want you to get your information from the dealers so they intentionally hold the Build and Price back until sufficient cars (Hornet) have landed on dealer lots and you can then use the B&P to compare 2022 vs 2023. Yes it seems silly to intentionally withhold this information in this day and age but this is what they do. So get your info from a good dealer (rare) or here!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Feels like warm rain to me! I don't know anyone who wants a year old model car that they can't build. Do you? They damn well have the ability to put '22 and '23 info on the configurator same as the toggle switch for "buy" or "lease". It's very obvious that they are F-ing with their potential customer. What does "Dodge Cares" think? I'm pretty sure they read these posts. Hello? Is "Dodge Cares" out there??hello hello hello..
Knock knock?
Who's there?
Dodge doesn't...
Dodge doesn't who?
Dodge doesn't care if I'm aware.

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Not sure why people scream out for Dodgecares. That is a joke. OP has already bypassed the messenger which is just a glorified PR secretary anyway.
Dodge cares is the joke and no one is screaming.

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Screaming/whining. Same thing to me. No one wants to do the leg work themselves. And yeah that’s what I meant about DC - more of a joke imo. People constantly tagging what is clearly just a PR secretary makes it worse.
Definately repeated whining about the PR secretary I agree.

Reactions: Slowpoke387
1 - 5 of 5 Posts