SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,200 Posts
That was because of how customer service treated me, not the wheel. It makes me genuinely worry that if I have issues with the car they won't back it up or help me out.

And for everyone saying I saw the wheels, yes I did. I never denied I did. What I am saying is the difference between the description of the wheels I THOUGHT I was getting and the wheels I got was one word. Drag vs Perf. I didn't know it was different. If they would have had ANY visual representation at all I would have realized instantly they changed them and chosen the 5-spoke vapors; I wasn't expecting them to put scat pack wheels on a hellcat. Why would anyone think that vs seeing the same description as the 2022 builder you're working off of in the spreadsheet.

And yeah, I express when I feel upset. I guess it's the perk of being a woman and not having to repress every last emotion I ever feel. The car being delivered doesn't look like the car I have been dreaming about daily for about half a year now, and yes I am disappointed I won't have that straight off the lot. Dodge basically told me to **** myself, buy it or someone else will, instead of work out a fair deal. Yeah it made me wonder if this is really a company I want to spend this much money with, or if I'd rather skip owning the hellcat and build the tribute 71 hemicuda instead. Sue me.

I just hope the post helped somebody who had their heart set on the HC2 5 spokes swap their order to Vapors before their car gets built. Cuz as much sass as you wanna give me, I know I am gonna be far from the only person to have made this mistake.
Yawn!.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
Let's add that she's been dreaming of this car for 6 months. I was dreaming for mine for 5 years before getting mine. If you are going to abandon your car order over the wheels you certainly are not the enthusiast you think you are. I have been on this forum for 3 years and have seen a lot of bitchin and moanin, including myself lol. But never on and on about these frickin wheels!!! So trivial when compared to the big picture. Ish happens. People have their cars damaged during transport, paint jacked up, creaking noises, etc but your problem is the wheels you ordered. Time to move on! You will eventually be back telling us how much you adore your Hellcat when it comes in. Enjoy it. Life is short.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
But they minimize their expense of doing all of this on the backs of the everyday man (woman). We have to take it on the chin while they offset their numbers. How many got a nice raise at work because of inflation, taxes, etc lol?

· Registered
1,200 Posts
So here's some more confusion:

View attachment 612123

This rendering of my car I was sent today has the wheels I thought it was going to have lol. I honestly have no idea what their marketing team is doing. I work in marketing and we're already starting on summer creative, actively building/printing spring. How are they so deep into the launch of their new model year without this IMO very important collateral built. Dodge assured me they're working on it though lol.

Picked up my car with the wheels I don't like. Coulda been worse, there was a guy picking up a widebody redeye that cost him over 100k and he got the wrong interior color. As obnoxious as it is, and an added cost I hadn't anticipated, at least I can change the wheels. And I don't have to see them while driving.
Sounds just like we've been telling you for days. Now go and enjoy that bad boy. The glass is always full when driving a Hellcat lol.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
I get it. And we probably shouldn't diminish your concerns. Like I said earlier, it didn't come in the wrong color and you will make it right. Overall it is truly a minor issue that gets fixed easily. Stop fretting over it and enjoy it. You must have a lot of good things going on in your life right now that allows you to be overly concerned about this. Look at the big picture. You're fine.

· Registered
1,200 Posts
I bet the guy with the tan interior never got a POC or he would have known it was ordered wrong.

And seriously just try to forget about the wheels. If you swap wheels they will likely be several years old and then you get some driveline or vibration issue and now you've modded the car and the dealer will blame it on you. With a new car I'll keep the new wheels and tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
But not the tires!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts