SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a question I wanna know what could be wrong. Dodge Charger hellcat my girl was driving fine in the freeway, she got off the freeway and called me to tell me come outside the house because the hellcat was making a ugly sound from the rear driver side wheel. It sounded like if something was hanging off underneath the vehicle. I checked underneath and there was nothing stuck nor any damage on the wheel. When she try to drive it wouldn’t go it would just raise the rpm. The other wheels are fine but the back wheel seem to lock and wouldn’t move. I been told from my friends it can be the The rotors are the wrong size but said probably sound like it was stuck. The calipers is stuck just pushing the pad into the rotor. What could it be?

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
653 Posts
Well....did you change the rotors recently? If not, take it to a dealership and let them figure it out.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
568 Posts
Hello I have a question I wanna know what could be wrong. Dodge Charger hellcat my girl was driving fine in the freeway, she got off the freeway and called me to tell me come outside the house because the hellcat was making a ugly sound from the rear driver side wheel. It sounded like if something was hanging off underneath the vehicle. I checked underneath and there was nothing stuck nor any damage on the wheel. When she try to drive it wouldn’t go it would just raise the rpm. The other wheels are fine but the back wheel seem to lock and wouldn’t move. I been told from my friends it can be the The rotors are the wrong size but said probably sound like it was stuck. The calipers is stuck just pushing the pad into the rotor. What could it be?
Hi Junior32396, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,953 Posts
Reads like the left side half shaft has failed, a CV bearing. The "sounded like if something was hanging off underneath" was the loose end of the half shaft banging around.

The car won't go because both half shafts have to be connected for torque to be transmitted the rear wheels.

Flat bed the car to a dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.