SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
I should have clarified above. Brampton has nothing to do with the hood paint WHEN full graphics is ordered. Hood, roof, and trunk is done at the upfitter as a package.
Hood only at Brampton. Hope this helps.
I am getting neither.
Thus just first day order at MSRP waiting to get to D1. Again zero correlation between early orders with MSRP and getting this car built. FCA going against their own rules on an order like mine taking priority.
Dealing with PFL from FCA

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hey Everyone,

Long time no links in this thread, but I wanted to let you all know the Dodge Demon Long Term coverage continues. I was on update #7 back in April (when the last post appeared in this thread), but this week update #25 published, so lots to read if you haven't see the coverage in awhile.
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Ownership Review | Kelley Blue Book

Highlights:
Update #8 -- comparing it to a Nissan GT-R
Update #12 -- chasing Porsches and other sports cars on Angeles Crest Highway
Update #18 -- Top 10 Best Dodge Demon Features (I had fun writing this one, hopefully it reads that way)
Update #25 -- the newest update has photos of the car wearing both car covers; cool if you haven't seen them yet

All these updates are on a single page, making it easy to scroll up and down to read them without chasing clicks.

Let me know if there are other topics you want to see. The car is approaching the end of its 1-year loan, so a wrap-up will be coming soon.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Long time no links in this thread, but I wanted to let you all know the Dodge Demon Long Term coverage continues. I was on update #7 back in April (when the last post appeared in this thread), but this week update #25 published, so lots to read if you haven't see the coverage in awhile.

Highlights:
Update #8 -- comparing it to a Nissan GT-R
Update #12 -- chasing Porsches and other sports cars on Angeles Crest Highway
Update #18 -- Top 10 Best Dodge Demon Features (I had fun writing this one, hopefully it reads that way)
Update #25 -- the newest update has photos of the car wearing both car covers; cool if you haven't seen them yet

All these updates are on a single page, making it easy to scroll up and down to read them without chasing clicks.

Let me know if there are other topics you want to see. The car is approaching the end of its 1-year loan, so a wrap-up will be coming soon.
Karl, spectacular idea to have this series and I think you guys did a very professionally job.

You have done a great service to the Demon community. Thanks to you and your great team!

PS Much to the angst of some on here (lol), I would suggest doing an objective valuation estimate from new to now and compare that analysis with how most cars depreciate over the first 12 months. I think that would be very illuminating.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Good idea! An analysis of market pricing after a year with a long-term car always adds to the knowledge for current shoppers considering a given model.

It should also prove quite interesting in the Demon’s case... :D

Karl, spectacular idea to have this series and I think your team did a very professionally job.

You have done a great service to the Demon community. Thanks to you and your great team!

PS Much to the angst of some on here (lol), I would suggest doing an objective valuation estimate from new to now and compare that analysis with how most cars depreciate over the first 12 months. I think that would be very illuminating.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Good idea! An analysis of market pricing after a year with a long-term car always adds to the knowledge for current shoppers considering a given model.

It should also prove quite interesting in the Demon’s case... :D
Again, with angst from some on here....comparing the Demon to say (gasp) a 2018 Hellcat might be a good apples to (almost) apples value comparison, in addition to perhaps top shelf 2018 muscle offerings from GM (Camaro) and Ford (Mustang)...

Just a thought (or two)! :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hey Guys! The final installment/wrap-up of my Dodge Demon ownership experience is live at Kelley Blue Book.

It was a helluva year driving this car on the street and at the track. There are a total of 30 updates, including the intro and wrap up, with lots of info on costs, mpg, performance, dealer service experience, Demon Crate upgrades and track runs. Hope you enjoy it, and if you're a new Demon owner it should provide a lot of good information.

2018-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Demon-Lake-Elsinore-Front.jpg

41 - 49 of 49 Posts