SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
News Editor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dodge just won't stop with the strip tease.

Today FCA released one last bonus video before the Demon makes its hotly anticipated debut on April 11th; finally letting the Demon loose down the quarter mile and coquettishly flaunting a blurry time slip, fueling a flurry of rampant speculation about just what this monster is capable of.

Debate over the fuzzy ET time gets further muddled by variables such as the Demon's multiple sets of tires, race specific PCM, among other upgrades available from the car's branded war-chest One popular theory pegs the Demon as a 10-second car in full street trim, with 9s possible using slicks and the high-octane PCM; it's possible the Demon's secondary strip oriented brain could be a derivative of SRT's Drag Pak software which will uncork an absurd 1,000-hp from the supercharged HEMI.

We're only four sleeps away from having all the answers, what's your theory?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Mike, thanks for starting the thread. I have ventured to guess this in a few posts. I have also been invited to the early unveiling on the 11th. That being said here goes.

In stock trim (wheels that come with it) with regular pump gas the Demon will do a 10.2 s. 1/4 mile
With front "skinnies" and race gas e85 or whatever they recommend it will run a 9.78 s. 1/4 mile

I hope to see this car with @ 1,000 HP. Go big or go home!!

·
News Editor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike, thanks for starting the thread. I have ventured to guess this in a few posts. I have also been invited to the early unveiling on the 11th. That being said here goes.

In stock trim (wheels that come with it) with regular pump gas the Demon will do a 10.2 s. 1/4 mile
With front "skinnies" and race gas e85 or whatever they recommend it will run a 9.78 s. 1/4 mile

I hope to see this car with @ 1,000 HP. Go big or go home!!
Hey Peter, look forward to seeing you there. Really interested to hear what you and the other members think of the Demon in the metal!

·
NYS President
9,004 Posts

Dodge just won't stop with the strip tease.

Today FCA released one last bonus video before the Demon makes its hotly anticipated debut on April 11th; finally letting the Demon loose down the quarter mile and coquettishly flaunting a blurry time slip, fueling a flurry of rampant speculation about just what this monster is capable of.

Debate over the fuzzy ET time gets further muddled by variables such as the Demon's multiple sets of tires, race specific PCM, among other upgrades available from the car's branded war-chest One popular theory pegs the Demon as a 10-second car in full street trim, with 9s possible using slicks and the high-octane PCM; it's possible the Demon's secondary strip oriented brain could be a derivative of SRT's Drag Pak software which will uncork an absurd 1,000-hp from the supercharged HEMI.

We're only four sleeps away from having all the answers, what's your theory?
Fca has unleashed a marketing campaign like no other for the demon. Love the commercials, love the hype and can't wait for the car

·
Registered
514 Posts
9.89 is my guess
It's not to late to give a California guy an invite to the show +1 :D
I'll probably stare at the demon for hours like some famous painting holding clues

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Im with Pete. Those exact numbers.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
I tried as best as I could to get the slip to focus in better. Kate even tried using her Photo shop too. We thought maybe a 10.27 slip.
There should 3 numbers...... maybe 025.......... keeps everything NHRA legal.;)

Just think though right Now Top Cat is down to 9.15.:cool::D ( Which BTW the number has been backed up several xs last weekend )

With the rear seat delete already available, it would be very easy to have a roll cage installed.;)
As I have posted B4 just like with our Hell Cat's.....Dodge Built it Right !!!! :D

With some modifications and a Great Tuner and crew it didn't take long to be in the 9.50's.:cool:

I think the Demon will have the potential to run some high 8's:cool:
Linda:)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I tried as best as I could to get the slip to focus in better. Kate even tried using her Photo shop too. We thought maybe a 10.27 slip.
There should 3 numbers...... maybe 025.......... keeps everything NHRA legal.;)
Hey, we both had .025! And it does look like a 10 in front! $5 says we are on the money...

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Hey, we both had .025! And it does look like a 10 in front! $5 says we are on the money...
Linda dont take that bet lol. That would mean in order to win you need to be wrong with ur guess :confused::D

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Linda dont take that bet lol. That would mean in order to win you need to be wrong with ur guess :confused::D
LOL Although I can tell it's not, but I think it would be cool for a 10.008 !
I it have posted over in the other Demon thread a video of my husband when he was trying to get into the 9's.
You can definitely tell he was frustrated with a 10.008 slip!!!

I also saw a post where someone thought it was going to have 909 HP. and was the actual Top Cat car's dyno number when he was on the cover of Hot Rod mag. :)
It's pretty easy for me to understand the 10.xxx slip and with the reveals how much potential the Demon will have once the Go fast Goodies are added and Tuned!

I think all of us modifying our Hell Cats, made the SRT Genius's think again about out doing us!!!!

And can't you hear their Demonic laugh of the SRT Genius's ?

They at SRT have built the Demon for all of us who have the Need for Speed !

I am so excited about being invited to New York and to be meeting everyone and for the DEMON REVEAL !!!!! :cool::D:cool::D

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
When you're talking about 1,000hp, what's another +/- 20ish horsepower, right???

At that power level, that's almost noise in the system. Statistical fluctuations that nobody in their right mind would dare argue about....

;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not to be Negative Nelly here but everyone needs to remember this is marketing. What ever time they release for the Demon, remember that they probably put 50 passes (or more) on it to get it. Remember the Hellcat being advertised as 10.8 sec??? Lots of people still haven't hit that number but I came close :) Either way, this will be the coolest FACTORY Production (Ahem- Fireball/ Exorcist) ever made and marketed. I'll never own one based on price but one never knows.... Come on lottery tickets- lol!!!!! Most exciting release ever IMO ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
....And like Linda said- either of these cars (Hellcat or Demon) with a few mods your dreams can be achieved ;)

·
Banned
992 Posts
Im in agreement on the low 10 to high 9 area for the Demon.
I have already ran a 10.78 with. Stock Hellcat on slicks so if I were a betting kind of guy this is would I bet on.

·
Registered
594 Posts
So would the official reveal on April 11th be the Demon's official birthday? Hmmm. Just like me. Well, i accomplished being born a few years (cough cough) earlier.

·
Registered
291 Posts
10.2 Pump Gas
10.0 Race Gas
9.4 Crate PCM/HO Enabled

1 - 20 of 20 Posts