SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so excited about being an owner of a new Durango Hellcat, but so disappointed that in my area which is Hagerstown Maryland only two people ordered and I am one of them, and they're telling me that the orders have not been picked up yet. This is disappointing and I'm not going to lie I'm a little concerned. The information went into a computer I don't understand what picked up means?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
339 Posts
You ordered it but you do not have it yet? The orders being picked up means that the order is accepted by Dodge. You still have to be assigned a VIN number before the vehicle is scheduled for production. The dealer has to have the allocations available for the orders for them to be given a VIN and built. They give allocations based on sales numbers. Its been like that in 2015 for the hellcat, the Demon, the TRX , and now the HC Durango.

Also, an admin needs to move this to the correct forum.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,479 Posts
Im so excited about being an owner of a new Durango Hellcat, but so disappointed that in my area which is Hagerstown Maryland only two people ordered and I am one of them, and they're telling me that the orders have not been picked up yet. This is disappointing and I'm not going to lie I'm a little concerned. The information went into a computer I don't understand what picked up means?
Sounds like the dealer doesn't have allocations for one. Its stuck in BX status. If it moves to D then its a good order and you'll get one. As the dealer what status the order is in...

RK.

·
Registered
In The Market
24 Posts
Cool, I'm originally from right outside of Hagerstown. Which dealer did you place the order with?

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you don't have a vin do you have a von?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You ordered it but you do not have it yet? The orders being picked up means that the order is accepted by Dodge. You still have to be assigned a VIN number before the vehicle is scheduled for production. The dealer has to have the allocations available for the orders for them to be given a VIN and built. They give allocations based on sales numbers. Its been like that in 2015 for the hellcat, the Demon, the TRX , and now the HC Durango.

Cool, I'm originally from right outside of Hagerstown. Which dealer did you place the order with?
I put the order in through Hagerstown Fitzgerald, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge in December. I will be walking my happy ass in there tomorrow. I am really disappointed in their communication skills. I inquired about some information having to do with aftermarket packages, and it was like for two weeks I couldn't get ahold of anybody and when they called me back they had no idea what was going on. They just told me that the order is definitely there and they would let me know something when they knew something that was 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The order sheet with the options you chose with the dealer should have a von number assigned. When it gets placed in the que to be built it is assigned a vin....If you don't have a vin by now you need to get some answers from your dealer.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
382 Posts
I'm in MD near DC and picked mine up 2 weeks ago. Sounds like they didn't have an allocation and took a shot on placing the order. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Exactly! I really feel like I don't have it yet. I am going in today to see if there's anything else they can tell me. This is the first time that I have ordered and built my own vehicle. I have always bought brand new cars but this is my first like this. Thank you for explaining what everything meant.
I'm in MD near DC and picked mine up 2 weeks ago. Sounds like they didn't have an allocation and took a shot on placing the order. Good luck.
What month did you place your order?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The order sheet with the options you chose with the dealer should have a von number assigned. When it gets placed in the que to be built it is assigned a vin....If you don't have a vin by now you need to get some answers from your dealer
I found out today that they will be picking my order up officially in the next couple days and I should have a VIN number in the next week or so. The Dodge sales manager Eric, here in Hagerstown said that he got an email with confirmation that he's going to send me. That said I'm not getting it until July, I am little bummed out but it's worth the wait. I just really needed the VIN number so I can carry out plans and don't miss out on any of the aftermarket add-ons. Like I said this is my first time doing this, and I'm just still confused on why I placed an order in December and it was like I didn't have a vehicle but they had a down payment the same day I ordered the vehicle. I guess I should just be grateful.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
382 Posts
Exactly! I really feel like I don't have it yet. I am going in today to see if there's anything else they can tell me. This is the first time that I have ordered and built my own vehicle. I have always bought brand new cars but this is my first like this. Thank you for explaining what everything meant.

What month did you place your order?
Day 1. 11/06/2020.

·
Registered
2021 Reactor Blue Durango Hellcat
95 Posts
I found out today that they will be picking my order up officially in the next couple days and I should have a VIN number in the next week or so. The Dodge sales manager Eric, here in Hagerstown said that he got an email with confirmation that he's going to send me. That said I'm not getting it until July, I am little bummed out but it's worth the wait. I just really needed the VIN number so I can carry out plans and don't miss out on any of the aftermarket add-ons. Like I said this is my first time doing this, and I'm just still confused on why I placed an order in December and it was like I didn't have a vehicle but they had a down payment the same day I ordered the vehicle. I guess I should just be grateful.
Sorry, but this still sounds fishy to me. It looks to be like they are just stringing you along.

I’ve always been told that a VON is an accepted order but no promise to build. Once a VIN is assigned, Dodge will build the order. A VIN should have shown up by now if they were to build it.

Did you get that confrontation email? Curious to know what is says on it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
Don't sweat it, I waited 2 months before my order was picked up for my Redeye Charger. Sometimes its allocation - in which case you just need to ask the dealer to be honest with you if they don't have the allocation. My dealer was a smaller dealer, but a high performer. We had to wait because our region (Canada)'s orders weren't being picked up.

In February my order was picked up, along with my friends Redeye Charger (at another dealer in Canada) in the same week.

Don't sweat it. Definitely communicate though, and ask the dealer to ask the FCA rep if they haven't been picked up because of the dealers allocation, or its just an order process delay.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
We ordered ours 11/6, had the VIN on 11/8 and was delivered 4/1
Man thats decent!

I ordered mine November 25th, got a VIN February 10th. It was built week of March 20, and was supposed to be shipped March 29.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Don't sweat it, I waited 2 months before my order was picked up for my Redeye Charger. Sometimes its allocation - in which case you just need to ask the dealer to be honest with you if they don't have the allocation. My dealer was a smaller dealer, but a high performer. We had to wait because our region (Canada)'s orders weren't being picked up.

In February my order was picked up, along with my friends Redeye Charger (at another dealer in Canada) in the same week.

Don't sweat it. Definitely communicate though, and ask the dealer to ask the FCA rep if they haven't been picked up because of the dealers allocation, or its just an order process delay.
The only caveat with the Durango is it a a one and done limited model..Production ending in June...At least with the other HC models an outstanding order has more time to be picked up..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts