SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Redeye with 3200 miles bought it used the ac doesn’t work right and the car has been at the dealer 3 times. The tech opened a star case where he emails dodge engineers info about the problem he’s having and they reply with things to try seems nuts. I spoke to a supervisor at dodge cares last week who assured me he would call the dealer and engineers to try to expedite the response time between the two. I don’t think he called anyone because it’s still not figured out. Has anyone had this problem with repairs to their cars through a dealer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,716 Posts
And didn't even says what's wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And didn't even says what's wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Passenger side is 8 degrees colder than drivers side and a new car on the lot they compared it to is 10 degrees colder than my good side and the engineers had them compare with the new car shouldn’t they know what the temp should be.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts
Def not an engineer problem lol. It's a diagnosing issue. Take it to another dealer with someone who knows what theyre doing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AC is AC. Don’t need engineers to figure this out. Dealer name?
You would think so but I’m told they can’t change parts without dodge authorization because it’s under warranty
Def not an engineer problem lol. It's a diagnosing issue. Take it to another dealer with someone who knows what theyre doing.
i know I should but they have a case opened already it might confuse them. I’m going to wait for them to respond on what to change next this is crazy you figure they would’ve fixed it the 1st day.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A/C doesnt work.
Anybody with A/C problems?.
A/C woes.
Can't Fix My A/C
My title is true they really have no idea if they did it would be fixed somewhere between all those emails

·
Registered
81 Posts
There are servos with flaps in the hvac system that direct where the air goes. Either one of them isn’t working properly, or it’s working as designed and it’s just a flawed design where the air isn’t being diverted to properly balance the temperature between driver and passenger based on the temperature you have each side set to.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
180 Posts
Passenger side is 8 degrees colder than drivers side and a new car on the lot they compared it to is 10 degrees colder than my good side and the engineers had them compare with the new car shouldn’t they know what the temp should be.
They tested on a 2019 or a 2020 and a Redeye or a different model? There are so many factors that could determine temperature of the AC, they don't have a set temp of what it should be it's a range. There have been many days where my AC feels weak and others when it's so cold I have to turn it up because it's too cold.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are servos with flaps in the hvac system that direct where the air goes. Either one of them isn’t working properly, or it’s working as designed and it’s just a flawed design where the air isn’t being diverted to properly balance the temperature between driver and passenger based on the temperature you have each side set to.
They checked the blend doors on the 2nd visit the problem is waiting for a reply from engineering almost 5 pm and nothing yet. Dealer said it happens all the time they’re slow to reply.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They tested on a 2019 or a 2020 and a Redeye or a different model? There are so many factors that could determine temperature of the AC, they don't have a set temp of what it should be it's a range. There have been many days where my AC feels weak and others when it's so cold I have to turn it up because it's too cold.
It was a 2019 392 Scat
[/QUOTE
Do you know what your temp is on a day like today do you have a Redeye

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 2019 Redeye with 3200 miles bought it used the ac doesn’t work right and the car has been at the dealer 3 times. The tech opened a star case where he emails dodge engineers info about the problem he’s having and they reply with things to try seems nuts. I spoke to a supervisor at dodge cares last week who assured me he would call the dealer and engineers to try to expedite the response time between the two. I don’t think he called anyone because it’s still not figured out. Has anyone had this problem with repairs to their cars through a dealer.
I've got a 18 3500 that is a problem child. Out of 10 this one is a turd and Dodge says they "have never seen that before" when I have two trucks doing the same thing but the other one has 240k on it not 75k! All OEMs have a bad vehicle now and then just sucks if you get that one.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
180 Posts
Sorry it was a 2020 Scat
That's a completely different engine layout not to mention the other variables I mentioned so I wouldn't be too concerned about that being colder. Could be a faulty cabin air temperature sensor.

I'm assuming they tested with a thermometer, did they test it coming out of the windshield? Was it the cooler temp or the warmer temp? If it was the cooler temp then I'd guess it would be a sensor or blend motor not functioning properly. I wonder if they tested the temp coming out of the footwells too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got a 18 3500 that is a problem child. Out of 10 this one is a turd and Dodge says they "have never seen that before" when I have two trucks doing the same thing but the other one has 240k on it not 75k! All OEMs have a bad vehicle now and then just sucks if you get that one.
My 3rd challenger this is that one my dealer also says never ran into something like this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a completely different engine layout not to mention the other variables I mentioned so I wouldn't be too concerned about that being colder. Could be a faulty cabin air temperature sensor.

I'm assuming they tested with a thermometer, did they test it coming out of the windshield? Was it the cooler temp or the warmer temp? If it was the cooler temp then I'd guess it would be a sensor or blend motor not functioning properly. I wonder if they tested the temp coming out of the footwells too.
I’m not sure what they tested but I’m going out to check now thank you

1 - 20 of 41 Posts