SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's a completely different engine layout not to mention the other variables I mentioned so I wouldn't be too concerned about that being colder. Could be a faulty cabin air temperature sensor.

I'm assuming they tested with a thermometer, did they test it coming out of the windshield? Was it the cooler temp or the warmer temp? If it was the cooler temp then I'd guess it would be a sensor or blend motor not functioning properly. I wonder if they tested the temp coming out of the footwells too.
You were correct coming out at windshield both the same 50 degrees below at vents I now have drivers 70 and passenger 50. I would hope that they checked and know this holy crap. They checked the blend doors and all came back good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You were correct coming out at windshield both the same 50 degrees below at vents I now have drivers 70 and passenger 50. I would hope that they checked and know this holy crap. They checked the blend doors and all came back good.
I wonder what they checked on the blend doors. Did they just check to see if the servo was operating? Or did they actually verify the door was moving properly?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,107 Posts
I have a '14 Ram that has a heater that doesn't work worth a damn.

It gets to 20 below here, but somehow I'm still alive to tell about it. I couldn't care less if one side blew 10 degrees warmer or cooler than the other, but some sort of heating before 30 miles of driving would be nice.

Am I asking too little from my vehicle?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, I guess I’m also a little confused by the issue. I believe they all have dual zone climate control. Why not simply adjust the temperature to fit your comfort level?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,107 Posts
Maybe we are entitled to a maximum discrepancy between the two sides, and I just didn't know about it?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,777 Posts
I’m not sure what they tested but I’m going out to check now thank you
Have no info on Dodge A/C systems but all automobile A/C work about the same. For one of my cars the factory manual had a specific test procedure to test the operation of the A/C.

General test prerequisites
  • Close doors, windows and sliding roof.
  • Insert temperature probe into centre vent.
  • Measure ambient temperature.
  • Open all dashboard vents.
  • Switch ignition on.
  • Press circulation button.
  • Set temperature control to maximum cooling.
  • Switch fresh−air blower to stage 4.
  • Start engine.
  • Operate air condition while idling.
  • Set engine speed to 2000 rpm (start of time measurement).
  • Note

• If the prescribed nominal values are not reached, the cooling system must be checked for leaks and repaired!
There is a chart for low pressure vs. ambient temperature, high pressure for ambient temperature. And for vent temperature vs. ambient temperature.

Dodge must have something similar the techs would use to determine if the A/C was operating to spec.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
201 Posts
Bmv,
I know its been a couple of days since the last post. If the dealer still has not figured it out whats going on, feel free to follow up with us privately.

Lamar
DodgeCares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Bmv,
I know its been a couple of days since the last post. If the dealer still has not figured it out whats going on, feel free to follow up with us privately.

Lamar
DodgeCares
I spoke to someone at dodge cares then spoke to that persons supervisor they didn’t follow through with what they promised. The car is not yet fixed because they have never seen anything like this the dealer and the engineers who deal with the star cases.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a '14 Ram that has a heater that doesn't work worth a damn.

It gets to 20 below here, but somehow I'm still alive to tell about it. I couldn't care less if one side blew 10 degrees warmer or cooler than the other, but some sort of heating before 30 miles of driving would be nice.

Am I asking too little from my vehicle?
My 2012 Ford focus was like this. Luke warm till about 20-30 miles of highway, then BAM! it would dump heat like no tomorrow. Every other focus was instant heat, except mine.
I tried everything from heater cores to thermostats, I even manually forced open the blend doors in case the computer was the problem. I gave up.
Im convinced it had a flow issue with the thermostat closed then once it opened, it would flow better through the heater core. Which btw is NOT how the cooling system is plumbed, heater cores are on separate flow path independent of the thermostat. I thought I was losing it, because something so simple was so unsolvable.
Trading it for the hellcat was the ultimate fix.

Wow, that was a tangent. 😕

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,107 Posts
I got mine to provide better heat, once. Made it happen by (reluctantly) using the touch screen and change the setting to where the air goes to vent only. Then back again.
Normally I never change those settings, partially because I don't usually want to and mostly because I don't want to have to mess with the touch screen.

My fix was to buy the Trackhawk, but now that I'm most likely selling it, I should probably try to get that dang heater in the 1500 working, somehow.
Why sell the Trackhawk? Would you believe that it's touch screen related?

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
201 Posts
I spoke to someone at dodge cares then spoke to that persons supervisor they didn’t follow through with what they promised. The car is not yet fixed because they have never seen anything like this the dealer and the engineers who deal with the star cases.
Thank you for the update. At any point you would like us to look into the current status of your case, feel free to follow up with us privately.

Lamar
DodgeCares

·
Registered
461 Posts
I got mine to provide better heat, once. Made it happen by (reluctantly) using the touch screen and change the setting to where the air goes to vent only. Then back again.
Normally I never change those settings, partially because I don't usually want to and mostly because I don't want to have to mess with the touch screen.

My fix was to buy the Trackhawk, but now that I'm most likely selling it, I should probably try to get that dang heater in the 1500 working, somehow.
Why sell the Trackhawk? Would you believe that it's touch screen related?
Honestly, I miss the good old fashioned knob for cold and hot. I don't need to be at exactly 71.9 deg driving down the road.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,107 Posts
Exactly! I couldn't care less about what the temperature actually is. It either feels too cold, too warm, or about right.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts
For me it's 74.3 or I can't even think about driving :giggle:

Reactions: geophb and Jimmy N.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
861 Posts
I have a 2019 Redeye with 3200 miles bought it used the ac doesn’t work right and the car has been at the dealer 3 times. The tech opened a star case where he emails dodge engineers info about the problem he’s having and they reply with things to try seems nuts. I spoke to a supervisor at dodge cares last week who assured me he would call the dealer and engineers to try to expedite the response time between the two. I don’t think he called anyone because it’s still not figured out. Has anyone had this problem with repairs to their cars through a dealer.
I wonder if it is related to the factory chiller on the Redeye which diverts a/c to the intercooler??? When that is activated there is no a/c in the cabin I believe. Maybe it's malfunctioning. Just an idea.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I wonder if it is related to the factory chiller on the Redeye which diverts a/c to the intercooler??? When that is activated there is no a/c in the cabin I believe. Maybe it's malfunctioning. Just an idea.
Anything is possible I was hoping they would figure it out by now. A good dealer for service isn’t easy to find and dodge cares doesn’t care.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
24 Posts
I have a 2019 Redeye with 3200 miles bought it used the ac doesn’t work right and the car has been at the dealer 3 times. The tech opened a star case where he emails dodge engineers info about the problem he’s having and they reply with things to try seems nuts. I spoke to a supervisor at dodge cares last week who assured me he would call the dealer and engineers to try to expedite the response time between the two. I don’t think he called anyone because it’s still not figured out. Has anyone had this problem with repairs to their cars through a dealer.
Yes I had a problem with a light going on on the instrument panel on and off they could not figure it out and open a claim with dodge it took two weeks to Figure out the problem, how stupid are the mechanics.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes I had a problem with a light going on on the instrument panel on and off they could not figure it out and open a claim with dodge it took two weeks to Figure out the problem, how stupid are the mechanics.
It’s just crazy

·
Registered
3 Posts
What exactly is the AC doing, or not doing? I have a 2015 6500 mile highly modified Sublime HC 6MT putting out 984 HP at crank, 856 to the wheels! I LOVE my HC! I had an AC prob. I was able to fix it myself by "re-setting" the HVAC SYSTEM. I removed the 2 fuses in the trunk fuse panel, both labeled HVAC, put them back in and VOILA! NO MORE AC PROBS! Hope this helps! Let me know! Best of luck! Thx!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts