SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Im betting super fast Hybrid with GOBS of Torque! EV may lose their soul but I bet they will be super fast..... How much faster u can make them over stock is gonna be the big question.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I am guessing it will be the official unveiling of the straight 6 turbo and the electric platform. It would be too early to announce any extension of the V8, that would come in early to mid 23' if it were to happen.

bleh ; just filler BS to keep the stock up (good luck with this market....)
Not for stock, they are owned by a parent corporation, it's marketing to keep Dodge in the consumers minds filler BS ;).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,275 Posts
Im betting super fast Hybrid with GOBS of Torque! EV may lose their soul but I bet they will be super fast..... How much faster u can make them over stock is gonna be the big question.
I think so too, bonus if it gets AWD. Reassign the GT moniker to the new AWD hybrid on the current Challenger/Charger platform as a filler until the EV comes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I didnt even contemplate the AWD angle...... That would surely be a game changer. Shit, they had it on the 6 cylinder smh.

I think so too, bonus if it gets AWD. Reassign the GT moniker to the new AWD hybrid on the current Challenger/Charger platform as a filler until the EV comes.

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
2,773 Posts
View attachment 597438
I'm so tired of Dodge's "big announcements" they all are a fail in one way or another. All talk & no real action.
As a famous person always says, "Come on man".... What about the theft deterrent, the Direct Connection parts, AND the much loved/respected Donut Maker??????????? Wait, maybe you're right! :(

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
289 Posts
Well, as long as they tease the announcement trailer promotion preview, they're happy.

Kind of tired of this kind of stuff. Either you have something substantial to say or you don't. In this case, I'd rather they shut up until August. Not going to ride the hype marketing train.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT HCWB Super Stock
39 Posts
I hope the new AWD e-Muscle is a remake of the 1970 Charger!

Reactions: BigDaddyEureka

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,510 Posts
Does anyone else get the feeling that they need to do this huge marketing campaign to tell us that everything we know and loved our entire life is now wrong and we need to taught to right-think?

Anyone want to bet the 23’s will be sold at record MSRP’s plus record ADM’s?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
289 Posts
Does anyone else get the feeling that they need to do this huge marketing campaign to tell us that everything we know and loved our entire life is now wrong and we need to taught to right-think?
Yes, there's a sizeable vocal minority of people who ignore evidence and assume facts and science are a conspiracy.

Are EVs perfect? No.
Are the better for the atmosphere? On average, yes. Will vary by region based on power-generation methods.
Are they better for pollution overall? Debatable.
Will they improve? Yes.
Will they improve faster that ICE? Yes.
Are there use-cases where EVs are inferior to ICE? Yes.
Are there use-cases where EVs are superior to ICE? Yes.
Is the grid ready today for a total shift to EVs? No.
Will that improve as the shift takes place? Yes.
Will there be some places (like apartment buildings) where owning an EV is a total pain in the ass? Yes.
Will that improve? Slowly, yes.
Is there an objective, compelling reason to not shift towards EVs? No.
Do I like the roar of my Hellcat? Yes.
Is choice better than lack of choice? Yes, except when too many people make choices that are objectively harmful.

Electrification of vehicles is a complicated topic. Anyone who suggests EVs are made of angel feathers and babies' love is naive. Anyone who suggests that moving towards EVs aggressively is a conspiracy is equally naive.

Shrug.

Specifically on-topic, Stellantis needs to do this huge marketing campaign to not lose market share to competitors. Like always. Nothing complicated there.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,510 Posts
Yes, there's a sizeable vocal minority of people who ignore evidence and assume facts and science are a conspiracy.

Are EVs perfect? No.
Are the better for the atmosphere? On average, yes. Will vary by region based on power-generation methods.
Are they better for pollution overall? Debatable.
Will they improve? Yes.
Will they improve faster that ICE? Yes.
Are there use-cases where EVs are inferior to ICE? Yes.
Are there use-cases where EVs are superior to ICE? Yes.
Is the grid ready today for a total shift to EVs? No.
Will that improve as the shift takes place? Yes.
Will there be some places (like apartment buildings) where owning an EV is a total pain in the ass? Yes.
Will that improve? Slowly, yes.
Is there an objective, compelling reason to not shift towards EVs? No.
Do I like the roar of my Hellcat? Yes.
Is choice better than lack of choice? Yes, except when too many people make choices that are objectively harmful.

Electrification of vehicles is a complicated topic. Anyone who suggests EVs are made of angel feathers and babies' love is naive. Anyone who suggests that moving towards EVs aggressively is a conspiracy is equally naive.

Shrug.

Specifically on-topic, Stellantis needs to do this huge marketing campaign to not lose market share to competitors. Like always. Nothing complicated there.
I now understand your moniker. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts