SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, there's a sizeable vocal minority of people who ignore evidence and assume facts and science are a conspiracy.

Are EVs perfect? No.
Are the better for the atmosphere? On average, yes. Will vary by region based on power-generation methods.
Are they better for pollution overall? Debatable.
Will they improve? Yes.
Will they improve faster that ICE? Yes.
Are there use-cases where EVs are inferior to ICE? Yes.
Are there use-cases where EVs are superior to ICE? Yes.
Is the grid ready today for a total shift to EVs? No.
Will that improve as the shift takes place? Yes.
Will there be some places (like apartment buildings) where owning an EV is a total pain in the ass? Yes.
Will that improve? Slowly, yes.
Is there an objective, compelling reason to not shift towards EVs? No.
Do I like the roar of my Hellcat? Yes.
Is choice better than lack of choice? Yes, except when too many people make choices that are objectively harmful.

Electrification of vehicles is a complicated topic. Anyone who suggests EVs are made of angel feathers and babies' love is naive. Anyone who suggests that moving towards EVs aggressively is a conspiracy is equally naive.

Shrug.

Specifically on-topic, Stellantis needs to do this huge marketing campaign to not lose market share to competitors. Like always. Nothing complicated there.
Hydrogen is the way to go. EV‘s are too expensive. The existing Electirc grid can’t support them nor in the numbers this corrupt administration wants to role them out. There are no where near the number of recharging stations needed for large scale EV‘s hitting the road. Who wants to wait online for a spot and then sit for 30-40mins or longer to recharge? The used batteries are far worse for the environment than current gas emissions vehicles. China and others will continue to flip the US and the world their middle finger and continue to pollute and impact the rest of the world. The US is not a bubble.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hydrogen is the way to go. EV‘s are too expensive. The existing Electirc grid can’t support them nor in the numbers this corrupt administration wants to role them out. There are no where near the number of recharging stations needed for large scale EV‘s hitting the road. Who wants to wait online for a spot and then sit for 30-40mins or longer to recharge? The used batteries are far worse for the environment than current gas emissions vehicles. China and others will continue to flip the US and the world their middle finger and continue to pollute and impact the rest of the world. The US is not a bubble.
Oh and let’s not forget the hypocrites pushing carbon feee transition at any cost to the average American struggling to survive. The hypocrites like Gore, Sanders, Biden and the rest ride around in large SUV’s, big planes, yachts... and they all became extremely wealthy in the process. Do you really think they give a @#$& about the environment? It’s driven by pure greed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is a bold statement against the man who brought the Demon into reality. While others were bean-counting, Tim was thinking about pushing Dodge to it’s max performance and saving the brand.
I didn’t mention anyone in the automotive industry in my comment. My comment is not about auto industry executives it’s about hypocrites in our government and it’s agencies and their greed.

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
496 Posts
I didn’t mention anyone in the automotive industry in my comment. My comment is not about auto industry executives it’s about hypocrites in our government and it’s agencies and their greed.
I think he just replied to the wrong post. Was a comment before yours.

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
26 Posts
I think the brand is pretty much dead unless it sticks to the combustion engine. Most people who buy Dodges, or even most American cars for that matter are not any younger than Gen X. Most people of that demographic probably wouldn't buy an electric/hybrid Dodge. Anybody else thinks Chrysler is garbage and wouldn't buy anything under that umbrella anyway (they have themselves to blame for that....but I don't think that stereotype is still true though). I don't know why they are the only "American" company that is moving away from V8s. Even Ford and Chevy are keeping theirs until at least 2025/2026 from what Ive seen.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think the brand is pretty much dead unless it sticks to the combustion engine. Most people who buy Dodges, or even most American cars for that matter are not any younger than Gen X. Most people of that demographic probably wouldn't buy an electric/hybrid Dodge. Anybody else thinks Chrysler is garbage and wouldn't buy anything under that umbrella anyway (they have themselves to blame for that....but I don't think that stereotype is still true though). I don't know why they are the only "American" company that is moving away from V8s. Even Ford and Chevy are keeping theirs until at least 2025/2026 from what Ive seen.
I became a Dodge fan because they(Tim K) basically gave the middle finger to anyone and everyone. Now that's changed and Tim's mascard has been revoked. He knows there is no future for Dodge as we know it thus the last ditch efforts to save face. Those are failing. Marketing wise the hellcat is dead as a platform. No one will buy a hybrid HC dispite the claims on this forum. Thats what a hellcat is. An in your face fxxk what the world says real mans muscle car.
Dodge as a high performance brand is dead.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,307 Posts
Seems like I'm in the minority here, but I think Dodge has just as much a chance of surviving - and thriving - as any legacy automaker and better than most.

Ford pretty much shot themselves in the foot with the "Mustang" Mach-E, and I don't think Dodge will fart away a key nameplate that way heading toward electrification. The F-150 Lightning seems to be a better product - but their launch quality has been so bad that now their CEO is saying they've lost the plot.

GM was searching for an identity BEFORE electrification, and burned the Blazer nameplate in the process. Will Cadillac pull out of it's tailspin in time? Can Chevy do better than the Bolt? Will the Ultium platform save them or sink them? What even IS Buick in the US? GMC gets a unique tailgate for their pickup...until the Chevy dealers whine about it and then GMC is back to being an overpriced Chevy truck? Will the Corvette Zora be savior or failure?

Turn the page...after all which is scarier, change or extinction?

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
496 Posts
Change is one thing change that's being forced on people regardless of the reason is unacceptable.
This is my issue with ev’s! They’re being forced upon all of us and at an accelerated rate! It is being rammed down our throats so quickly it is bound to fail before successfully being adopted. Every automaker is scurrying to catch up, all of them except maybe Tesla.

·
Banned
373 Posts
As a future demon owner and current redeye owner I’ll say this, 2-3 years from now there’s GOING to be a hybrid challenger with more torque and top speed than any dodge that’s been produced and they’ll probably make another number car in the next 3-5 years like the demon. I bet the interior is way updated as well since we’ve had the same chit since 2015 minus car play in 2019. Bright future for dodge they always seem to impress us just wait

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
684 Posts
just spare me the utter total BS about EVs and the whole thing about "Saving the planet". These are the same hypocrites who attended the event at Glastonbury, where they all cheered in support of Greta Thunberg, who was flown in to lecture on the planet; just look at what they left behind.

People who get all hyped up in related conversations that it is all about saving the planet, I remind them that their daily toilet "extractions" end up at the adjacent ocean or natural water repositories.

Lets first stop the hypocrisy and cut the bullshit and then we can talk.

Sky World Public space Crowd City

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,169 Posts
I am more unhappy than most with the EV thing, but in all fairness Dodge (Tim) is doing what they can to survive. The one thing that hurts businesses more than anything is sudden changes handed down from gvt. Business can adapt to changes in market, labor availability, technology, material costs, etc., But being yanked back and forth every 4 years will wreck most companies, at least those that don't guess right. What is unfortunate is that they are completely throwing away a winner and gambling on something entirely new. I understand they may not have the ability to do both, but is seems very risky.

·
Registered
21 Dodge Charger WB
47 Posts

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
744 Posts
We will all see clearly what the future planes will be shortly. Only thing I can say for sure is if Tim Kuniskis is at the wheel on the future e-muscle car then I would be prepared for an upside surprise in the making. Going to have to beat out all the new comers to the "speed" game which Dodge muscle owned with the release of the Hellcat series of cars. Not a huge fan of the e-muscle, but damn these cars are fast off the line with all wheel drive and instant torque.

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
744 Posts
This is a bold statement against the man who brought the Demon into reality. While others were bean-counting, Tim was thinking about pushing Dodge to its max performance and saving the brand.
totally agree.. TK knows his muscle car enthusiast crowd very well and will deliver

Reactions: WVHEMIS
21 - 40 of 80 Posts