SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
431 Posts
Tim K will deliver. I suspect Dodge will have an electric car that will trounce whatever bar Tesla has set. Don’t blame Tim. He’s doing his job and doing it well I might add. Blame the government and the public for the shift towards electric. I promise you this. If there wasn’t a market for electric cars, they wouldn’t be making them. People are buying them and getting used to the idea more and more each day. Having owned a Tesla, I enjoyed it minus the lack of range because of my heavy foot. Do I only want an electric car as my sole option? No. I suspect there will be plenty of gas burning engines still being produced for some time to come. I’ll also be keeping my Demon, Viper, TRX and all my 60’s and 70’s muscle cars so I can have that experience any time I want it. You don’t have to trade your current car in on an electric car. Only if you choose to do so. I also have always enjoyed watching threads where people trash stuff before they even know what it is only to eventually come around and wind up with one. Anyone who remembers the early days of the wide body or even the current hood on the redeyes knows how much people said they didn’t like the look. Now it’s not much of a conversation anymore.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,169 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I suspect Dodge will have an electric car that will trounce whatever bar Tesla has set.
Makes me think that these street legal race cars might get the axe if a lot of sub $100K cars start doing 3 sec 60's and 190 mph. I'm seeing a lot of traffic fatalities in the future from people doing +100 mph thinking it's like doing 60 and hitting curves, bumps, cars...At some point they'd make all cars get governors and you'll have to have a Class 3 license to own a vehicle that does over 90 mph :(.

(please don't share with Congress)

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,674 Posts
Makes me think that these street legal race cars might get the axe if a lot of sub $100K cars start doing 3 sec 60's and 190 mph. I'm seeing a lot of traffic fatalities in the future from people doing +100 mph thinking it's like doing 60 and hitting curves, bumps, cars...At some point they'd make all cars get governors and you'll have to have a Class 3 license to own a vehicle that does over 90 mph :(.

(please don't share with Congress)
Yup!
They're touting how fast they are/can be, but that'll quickly be throttled back.
I mean the Hummer EV can do 0-60 in 3 second, but it weighs 9,000+ lbs! o_O
In the wrong, or dumb, hands....that'll do a lot of damage

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
496 Posts
Tim K will deliver. I suspect Dodge will have an electric car that will trounce whatever bar Tesla has set. Don’t blame Tim. He’s doing his job and doing it well I might add. Blame the government and the public for the shift towards electric. I promise you this. If there wasn’t a market for electric cars, they wouldn’t be making them. People are buying them and getting used to the idea more and more each day. Having owned a Tesla, I enjoyed it minus the lack of range because of my heavy foot. Do I only want an electric car as my sole option? No. I suspect there will be plenty of gas burning engines still being produced for some time to come. I’ll also be keeping my Demon, Viper, TRX and all my 60’s and 70’s muscle cars so I can have that experience any time I want it. You don’t have to trade your current car in on an electric car. Only if you choose to do so. I also have always enjoyed watching threads where people trash stuff before they even know what it is only to eventually come around and wind up with one. Anyone who remembers the early days of the wide body or even the current hood on the redeyes knows how much people said they didn’t like the look. Now it’s not much of a conversation anymore.
Agree but WB styling and hoods is a completely different conversation than EV v ICE

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The "new" Challenger and Charger will begin production in the US. The Durango is moving to MACK assembly as JNAP is going to convert to EV production. I think we will still see a Challenger and Charger with the twin Turbo I6. Waiting for August for the "rest of the story"....

·
Registered
729 Posts
The DC catalog should be renamed "Things we'd like to sell you, but can't, Catalog"
Or they should at least classify it in the "Fiction" section of the interweb library

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,791 Posts
Awd twin turbo v6 with electric motors. It will be a track monster. Sadly there is no more V8 rumble, but Dodge is evolving with the industry and customer base. These ultra high performance cars are necessary as they make their entire lineup better. The technology trickles down to lesser models in more ways than just engine output. I expect Dodge to wow us come August….

·
BMF
4,975 Posts
Tim K hooked me up 2x already. He got me a 2015 Hellcat in 2014. He got me a Plum Crazy Demon with the Red Demon emblems which is 1 of 1 for sure.

Reactions: Luckydog7

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,073 Posts
Says “helpful” I guessing so you can mark something as informative or I guess helpful
I use it as an AGREE button. A green check means agree to me, not helpful.

• Helpful
Reactions: Bobo
41 - 60 of 80 Posts