SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Dodge Is Definitely Adding More Allocations on the HorsePower Locater Website

3861 Views 85 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  JMAbacus
I have been tracking the allocation numbers on the dodge website as they "allegedly" go down as people place orders.

Well the only number consistently going UP is the narrow body Redeye Jailbreak. all the rest seem to be dropping.

While the NBREJB was initially listed at 29 back on the original release date, then it dropped to a low of 18 then now it's up to 26.
Original: 29
12/02/22: 22
12/05/22: 20
12/06/22: 19
12/13/22: 18
12/20/22: 25
01/03/23: 21
02/17/23: 26

Font Parallel Circle Number Screenshot

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Screenshot
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

Premium Member
10.22 @ 133 in Roomy Comfort (Stock as delivered, no tune of any kind, just tires)
What do you guys think will happen if/when Dodge announces in late fall that because of high demand they changed their minds and are going to keep making the Challengers 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If they add some new colors we'd be happy! Bring back Curious Yellow from 1971.

Reactions: Dennis H and Ron b

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I鈥檝e seen local smaller dealer that had 7 total allocations for entire year then in December they had 11. They weren鈥檛 HC or better so I can鈥檛 tell you what models but the number was real low day one. So they got 4 more allocations assuming they didn鈥檛 sell anything in November.

Dodge never said they wouldn鈥檛 add allocations but Dealers are running with the statistics on 807 HP cars pushing up AMD鈥檚. I guess it鈥檚 like anything in life, kinda have to take it str铆de

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I鈥檝e seen local smaller dealer that had 7 total allocations for entire year then in December they had 11. They weren鈥檛 HC or better so I can鈥檛 tell you what models but the number was real low day one. So they got 4 more allocations assuming they didn鈥檛 sell anything in November.

Dodge never said they wouldn鈥檛 add allocations but Dealers are running with the statistics on 807 HP cars pushing up AMD鈥檚. I guess it鈥檚 like anything in life, kinda have to take it str铆de
Whether or not they were going to add more allocations has always been a subject of debate. If you go back to Tim K鈥檚 original video, some took it as initial allocations would be released (and then Tim said it would be updated weekly) and more added as time went by and others took it as the entire year allocated in October. I鈥檝e never seen anyone from Dodge flat out say all allocations handed out in October point blank.

Registered
1987 Buick GN 2023 Red Octane RE/WB on order
Whether or not they were going to add more allocations has always been a subject of debate. If you go back to Tim K鈥檚 original video, some took it as initial allocations would be released (and then Tim said it would be updated weekly) and more added as time went by and others took it as the entire year allocated in October. I鈥檝e never seen anyone from Dodge flat out say all allocations handed out in October point blank.
I talked to Martin at Cummins today and he said that all of there 24 Challenger RE/WB allocations are spoken for. The HP locator shows 8 available but this is not so.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I鈥檇 have to go back and look at the press release but I believed (maybe just me) that the entire years allocation was being released at once, then weekly updates would be adjusted as customer sold orders and dealer stock was used or applied. I guess weekly additions could happen too however they should say something like check back with your favorite dealer or additional allocations may be added etc. a little deceiving for those looking for specific models locally. Feels like mus铆cal chairs and the music is going to stop however a great way to create urgency and hype. It鈥檚 all about making money!

Maybe good intentions but HP locator is very much flawed.

HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
This is such a slap to the face of their customers. People ran to get last allocations on 807hp JBRE etc, paying 10k over sticker and Dodge does this to them....
I had a 22 cancelled in December that was ordered in May, I replaced it in December with a 23 but the price went up. They said it is what it is or go eat $hit. I ordered a JBREWB in November as well. I have two cars on order and Dodge f's around we me on price and adds more cars.....
I honestly feel betrayed here, why have allocations then and make it such a pain in the as$ to get the top of line cars????? I followed all the "last year" hype, videos, announcements, planned my orders down to the T..... and now somebody can stop at a dealer TODAY, who has never considered buying a JBREWB with 807hp, and find and allocation TODAY, order it, and likely get it about the same time as the car I ordered in November. Just disgusting WTF Ford dealers f'd with me on a new gt500, and that is why I bailed on them and went Mopar.
I will never do this again. I will wait till the hype is over and buy used with a couple thousand miles next time.

Reactions: Steiny

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I got a call this morning from the dealer who originally wanted 20k ADM for a REWB. Today they offered me a Sublime HCWB but could only do Auto so I passed even at sticker no thanks. They didn't say what changed and I didn't ask I was just disappointed again.
Not sure I'm understanding. Are you referring to wanting a manual transmission? If so, they haven't made one for 2 years now! If you think they are making them now, well, good luck!!!!! At this point, it's all still just more hype and "promises" that dodge has done for the past 2 years! I got tired of the "temporarily on hold" BS, realizing that I'll never have a new Hellcat if I don't order one. From what I've seen, the manual would be a late availability. With the car disappearing completely at the end of the year, that's quite a risk if you want one.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
A clarification on the number of existing 2023 NBREJB: per Triple-B and his 2023 production thread, they have built 10 of them as of two weeks ago: 01/04/23. So that reinforces even more, the idea that the allocation website is just adding more cars any time they feel like it. (and none for Canada, it seems)

Registered
2022 HC Redeye
Here:
Is the number built higher than the actual number shipped due to damaged cars at the factory that were maybe discarded?

Registered
Challenger SRT Super Stock
I talked to Martin at Cummins today and he said that all of there 24 Challenger RE/WB allocations are spoken for. The HP locator shows 8 available but this is not so.
Spoken for. Ordered. Two completely different terms. When the actual ordered cars arrive, there will be another phenomenon... the ones that people actually take delivery of, and the ones that end up in dealer inventory. If dealers had any faith that people would actually buy one of these 100k cars, there would be zero allocations left. The dealers would simply order them for inventory.

Registered
A clarification on the number of existing 2023 NBREJB: per Triple-B and his 2023 production thread, they have built 10 of them as of two weeks ago: 01/04/23. So that reinforces even more, the idea that the allocation website is just adding more cars any time they feel like it. (and none for Canada, it seems)
Are you sure that the 10 already built came from allocations or could they just be dealer orders? The dealership by me had no allocations for any Hellcat, but then they ended up with a Sublime NBRE just recently. I am definitely not questioning the fact that the locator is completely off, just that some of the NBRE鈥檚 built didn鈥檛 come from allocations.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts