SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Dodge Is Definitely Adding More Allocations on the HorsePower Locater Website

17K views 186 replies 44 participants last post by  bobn 
#1 ·
I have been tracking the allocation numbers on the dodge website as they "allegedly" go down as people place orders.

Well the only number consistently going UP is the narrow body Redeye Jailbreak. all the rest seem to be dropping.

While the NBREJB was initially listed at 29 back on the original release date, then it dropped to a low of 18 then now it's up to 26.
Original: 29
12/02/22: 22
12/05/22: 20
12/06/22: 19
12/13/22: 18
12/20/22: 25
01/03/23: 21
02/17/23: 26

Font Parallel Circle Number Screenshot

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Screenshot

See less See more
#2 ·
Anyone know anything about Meador Dodge in Texas. They have 5 NBREJB slots. I dont recall them being on the list before? Did they suddenly get a bunch of allocations after being ignored?
Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

#5 ·
I was just looking at this last night, and noticed a bunch of NBJB allocations available locally, and i didn't recall seeing that many before either. Makes more sense now.

#6 · (Edited)
Well, 9 NBREJB has been built or have VINs assigned so far (according to an assembly line insider). I'm no math Wiz but 29-9=20, if they had stayed on their original allocation matrix. That's not even counting all the in-process orders waiting for VINs, like mine is, (in the later production colors like Plum Crazy, B5 Blue and Destroyer Grey).
2 Black
2 TorRed
2 Sublime
1 White knuckle
1 Octane Red
1 Frostbite

#8 · (Edited)
Well, I guess it means that their original "set in stone" announcement in late October, listing exactly how many they were going to make and nothing more, is pretty much false.

I always thought it was rather bizarre that they decided to only make only 29 NBREJBs after making 881 NBRE's in 2022.

I didn't place my order for one just because I thought it was going to be the rarest model at 29 units, but because I like the look of the car. But keep in mind that it is the dealers who then decide to make their play for the insane ADMs based on the various models' rarity.

I was fortunate to get mine ordered at MSRP but given that the number is rising, it may give someone a better chance at bargaining with a dealer who says Dodge is only going to make X number of this model so you need to pay me an ADM to get one ordered from us. Well now you can say BullS%&#, Dodge keeps adding to the allocation list to make as many as they think they can, so here is my offer...

#13 ·
Well, I guess it means that their original "set in stone" announcement in late October, listing exactly how many they were going to make and nothing more, is pretty much false.

I always thought it was rather bizarre that they decided to only make only 29 NBREJBs after making 881 NBRE's in 2022.

I didn't place my order for one just because I thought it was going to be the rarest model at 29 units, but because I like the look of the car. But keep in mind that it is the dealers who then decide to make their play for the insane ADMs based on the various models' rarity.

I was fortunate to get mine ordered at MSRP but given that the number is rising, it may give someone a better chance at bargaining with a dealer who says Dodge is only going to make X number of this model so you need to pay me an ADM to get one ordered from us. Well now you can say BullS%&#, Dodge keeps adding to the allocation list to make as many as they think they can, so here is my offer...
where did you find the 2022 challenger production numbers? I also have a 22 NBRE and had been wondering about the production numbers

#19 · (Edited)
I agree that it’s not added allocations. It’s orders that either got cancelled or just not picked up. People are coming back to reality after the initial excitement wore off and they are faced with massive car payments because of interest rates.

If you compare how many allocations of each model there is to be built to what is sold either the locator is not working (what’s the point) or no one is buying.

I can’t think of a single sticker car that is listed as sold so I was thinking none are built yet?

#10 ·
How can that be since there were "29" allocations and they have built 9 so far? Then the number should be 20 remaining. That's not even counting any orders that are awaiting D status and a VIN assignment.

Reactions: Michigander
#11 ·
They added allocations to the NBREJB. I kept track of the last few locator updates also. The dealers added were new dealers that didn't exist in the previous locator searches. Meadows (5 new allocations) is new and wasn't listed with any allocations until last update and is what changed it from 21 (two updates ago) to 26 remainig on the current update. Charger REJB were increased as well. However also note, some dealers allocated cars don't seem to get removed even when the allocation is ordered - my order was sent and accepted and got the email in 3 days, but dealer wasn't removed for 4+ weeks on power locator...

#14 ·
Here:

#33 ·
I got a call this morning from the dealer who originally wanted 20k ADM for a REWB. Today they offered me a Sublime HCWB but could only do Auto so I passed even at sticker no thanks. They didn't say what changed and I didn't ask I was just disappointed again.
Not sure I'm understanding. Are you referring to wanting a manual transmission? If so, they haven't made one for 2 years now! If you think they are making them now, well, good luck!!!!! At this point, it's all still just more hype and "promises" that dodge has done for the past 2 years! I got tired of the "temporarily on hold" BS, realizing that I'll never have a new Hellcat if I don't order one. From what I've seen, the manual would be a late availability. With the car disappearing completely at the end of the year, that's quite a risk if you want one.

#20 ·
What nine do you mean? There are 12 special editions between the Chargers and Challengers.

#22 ·
If they add some new colors we'd be happy! Bring back Curious Yellow from 1971.

Reactions: Dennis H and Ron b
#24 ·
I’ve seen local smaller dealer that had 7 total allocations for entire year then in December they had 11. They weren’t HC or better so I can’t tell you what models but the number was real low day one. So they got 4 more allocations assuming they didn’t sell anything in November.

Dodge never said they wouldn’t add allocations but Dealers are running with the statistics on 807 HP cars pushing up AMD’s. I guess it’s like anything in life, kinda have to take it stríde

#26 ·
Whether or not they were going to add more allocations has always been a subject of debate. If you go back to Tim K’s original video, some took it as initial allocations would be released (and then Tim said it would be updated weekly) and more added as time went by and others took it as the entire year allocated in October. I’ve never seen anyone from Dodge flat out say all allocations handed out in October point blank.

#30 ·
This is such a slap to the face of their customers. People ran to get last allocations on 807hp JBRE etc, paying 10k over sticker and Dodge does this to them....
I had a 22 cancelled in December that was ordered in May, I replaced it in December with a 23 but the price went up. They said it is what it is or go eat $hit. I ordered a JBREWB in November as well. I have two cars on order and Dodge f's around we me on price and adds more cars.....
I honestly feel betrayed here, why have allocations then and make it such a pain in the as$ to get the top of line cars????? I followed all the "last year" hype, videos, announcements, planned my orders down to the T..... and now somebody can stop at a dealer TODAY, who has never considered buying a JBREWB with 807hp, and find and allocation TODAY, order it, and likely get it about the same time as the car I ordered in November. Just disgusting WTF Ford dealers f'd with me on a new gt500, and that is why I bailed on them and went Mopar.
I will never do this again. I will wait till the hype is over and buy used with a couple thousand miles next time.

Reactions: Steiny
#34 ·
A clarification on the number of existing 2023 NBREJB: per Triple-B and his 2023 production thread, they have built 10 of them as of two weeks ago: 01/04/23. So that reinforces even more, the idea that the allocation website is just adding more cars any time they feel like it. (and none for Canada, it seems)

#40 ·
Are you sure that the 10 already built came from allocations or could they just be dealer orders? The dealership by me had no allocations for any Hellcat, but then they ended up with a Sublime NBRE just recently. I am definitely not questioning the fact that the locator is completely off, just that some of the NBRE’s built didn’t come from allocations.

#44 ·
I've got a feeling the multiple order scenario is happening in a lot of places.

Reactions: MJS73
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.