SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,737 Posts
I'm not expecting to have the car out until mid-March or later due to snow and salt, so I probably won't be the first in line. That being said, I'll absolutely report back when I do get it done. I can't pass up on the opportunity to have an official Dodge vehicle that has more HP than the Demon!
Aren't they plastic and aluminum now????????? 😁 I'll update after the winter..........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone! Im in charge of one of the power broker dealership in Houston, more or less the salesman. It is the helfman dodge. If anyone here is in the area or close by feel free to get our contact information and ask for Smirnov. I have a list being made for people that I need to contact the second I get more specific information.

Helfman Dodge
7720 Katy Fwy Houston , Tx 77024
Direct: 713-533-6100
Cell: 713-294-2210 ( Please text before calling worried about the spam calls)

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hello everyone! Im in charge of one of the power broker dealership in Houston, more or less the salesman. It is the helfman dodge. If anyone here is in the area or close by feel free to get our contact information and ask for Smirnov. I have a list being made for people that I need to contact the second I get more specific information.

Helfman Dodge
Thank you so much for verifying with me. I have added your dealership to the growing list!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Helfman Dodge
I just had someone contact me, I don't know what happened it just cut out the ca
Thank you so much for verifying with me. I have added your dealership to the growing list!
Awesome! I edited my post to have my personal number for contact reference! I think the phone call dropped my apologies on that. Will update once I get more information.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
Boo- Hoo.
I contacted Koons about a future order for a 2022 Charger Hellcat Redeye.
I got tossed around to 3 different people. Each one did not review my previous communications, so I had to start explaining all over again.
Long story short - they finally figured out that I live in Cali. I was informed that there are 3 states they cannot ship to by law. CA, MD, and one other. Who knew?
I asked if they could supply me with an invoice of the proposed build out. I wanted that invoice so that when I find out who is a power broker in my area, I could use the invoice as a possible bargaining tool.
Never heard back.
Is Koons overworked, understaffed, careless or other?
What have other potential member experienced with this vendor?

·
Registered
21 Charger Redeye
152 Posts
It might be a matter of not talking to the right people. @Koons_Tysons_Corner seems to be somewhat active on here so perhaps tag them or message them directly. If they don't want to take your money, reach out to @#HellcatJesus. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get your business.

As far as post-purchase shipping, that might be something that you have to arrange with a 3rd party; especially if they can't/won't ship to for legal reasons.

Since you asked; personal experience with them left with a sour taste in my mouth. I contacted them in the beginning of the year to attempt and order my Redeye. I got fed some nonsense about putting down a non-refundable deposit just to get on a waiting list to order a car. They couldn't/wouldn't tell me how long that list was, or when they expected to start taking orders. On top of that, they weren't willing to even discuss creating a work-up so I knew what kind of price I was looking at.

Nope... Contacted Jake, told him what I wanted and had an invoice within an hour or so. Called back, paid my deposit, placed my order and that was that; done and doner... :LOL:

·
Registered
140 Posts
It might be a matter of not talking to the right people. @Koons_Tysons_Corner seems to be somewhat active on here so perhaps tag them or message them directly. If they don't want to take your money, reach out to @#HellcatJesus. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get your business.

As far as post-purchase shipping, that might be something that you have to arrange with a 3rd party; especially they can't/won't ship to for legal reasons.

Since you asked; personal experience with them left with a sour taste in my mouth. I contacted them in the beginning of the year to attempt and order my Redeye. I got fed some nonsense about putting down a non-refundable deposit just to get on a waiting list to order a car. They couldn't/wouldn't tell me how long that list was, or when they expected to start taking orders. On top of that, they weren't willing to even discuss creating a work-up so I knew what kind of price I was looking at.

Nope... Contacted Jake, told him what I wanted and had an invoice within an hour or so. Called back, paid my deposit, placed my order and that was that; done and doner... :LOL:
For what it's worth... I had the EXACT same experience as you with Koons and like you ordered from HellcatJesus--great experience.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
107 Posts
Boo- Hoo.
I got tossed around to 3 different people. Each one did not review my previous communications, so I had to start explaining all over again.
Long story short - they finally figured out that I live in Cali. I was informed that there are 3 states they cannot ship to by law. CA, MD, and one other. Who knew?
I asked if they could supply me with an invoice of the proposed build out. I wanted that invoice so that when I find out who is a power broker in my area, I could use the invoice as a possible bargaining tool.
Never heard back.
I just ordered a 2022 Redeye from Koons a couple days ago. Tried 3 dealers last week and Craig at Koons was the only one to respond to me. Not sure what the experience is going to be like cause this ride is just starting. Jake finally reached out to me but only after I had already placed my order. I think both these guys must be spread thin responding to 2021 delays and 2022 order banks just opening up.

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
147 Posts
Boo- Hoo.
Never heard back.
Who cares? Why are you trying to bash Koons? YOU CAN’T BUY FROM THEM ANYWAYS. You are wasting their time. If I worked at Koons and had a Cali customer on the phone I’d drop the call ASAP because I can’t deliver to them. You are a stroker to them at that point.
Go stroke your local dealers.
#good on Koons

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,489 Posts
Who cares? Why are you trying to bash Koons? YOU CAN’T BUY FROM THEM ANYWAYS. You are wasting their time. If I worked at Koons and had a Cali customer on the phone I’d drop the call ASAP because I can’t deliver to them. You are a stroker to them at that point.
Go stroke your local dealers.
#good on Koons
While harsh - i’d have to agree. I wouldnt drop a call over it, that's just being a dick. But I agree it's wasting their time. They arent about to work up a quote that you can shop around with in order to give your money to someone else. Think about it. Common sense needed here…

Reactions: mrl859 and CRKFIEND

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
147 Posts
While harsh - i’d have to agree. I wouldnt drop a call over it, that's just being a dick. But I agree it's wasting their time. They arent about to work up a quote that you can shop around with in order to give your money to someone else. Think about it. Common sense needed here…
Think about it who is a bigger d!ck? The one who drops the call or the one calling from the opposite end of the country playing mental masturbation on a deal that can’t happen, wasting someones time when they could be missing an opportunity to feed their family?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Boo- Hoo.
Never heard back.
I would venture to say that's par for the course for Koons. I had a negative experience purchasing from them as well. The told me my car was ready on the lot every week for two months, and last minute would back out from my pickup, which would have been fine if I was 20 minutes away from the dealership, but I live over 8 hours away. One of the sales managers told me that I'm not an important customer to them because they're the highest volume dealer in the nation during a call, and a DIFFERENT sales manager called me chastising my decision to see if I could get a better deal locally, telling me that they don't have time for those kinds of games. There were a bunch of little issues I had with them not fullfilling their end of my deal, but I don't really want to bore you with the details. I would stay away from them in the future if you can.

I ended up purchasing the vehicle from them in the end (after I shopped around) and honestly on-site things ran smooth. My salesman was a decent kid, but I think the place is run like a shit-show.

·
Registered
21 Charger Redeye
152 Posts
@CRKFIEND , add Peterson CDJR to the list, verified through a member of their service team who is on TRX Forums.

Peterson CDJR 5801 E Gate Blvd, Nampa, ID 83687 (208) 922-6499

According to what he's saying, there will be a total of 10 dealerships in the west (Which includes his) that will be power brokers. This does not include California, which I guess falls into it's own region.

@CGSRT707 I've reached out to several dealerships in S. FL area and got crickets from all. None of them had even heard of it, which kinda surprises me. I can't see Dodge keeping this so low key that word isn't spreading through the dealership network. But I've never worked for a dealership, so what do I know?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Removed Greenbriar from the list. They advised me that they do not have any qualified techs that would be able to perform this upgrade. I will update if that changes.

·
Registered
21 Charger Redeye
152 Posts
Removed Greenbriar from the list. They advised me that they do not have any qualified techs that would be able to perform this upgrade. I will update if that changes.
That sucks for the SE Va/ Hampton Roads guys, but doesn't surprise me. Greenbrier has always been a sub par dealership.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 121 Posts