SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,332 Posts
Well, Dodge has been saying the Hemi is dead for over a year now. Just people refuse to listen and hold on to hopes and dreams that they'll change their mind. The fake news media and social platform hype machine isn't helping. That's the prime driver behind the 2023 ultra markup, mad ordering frenzy that's about to take place.

·
Registered
Challenger Scat Pack Shaker 6M
207 Posts
Dodge did say Hellcat is dead, then they said V8 can't live under the current regulation but also said HEMI is staying for the foreseeable future.
So, even Dodge is causing the confusion.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,765 Posts
No, Hemi engine production has not ended. What do you think is in most of the newer Jeep models coming out ?
I wouldnt say most lol. Most are being ordered with the 3.6 and the ridiculous 2.0t.

Reactions: Bobo

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
306 Posts
Don't really know what to believe anymore...
Believe what Dodge says. And has been saying for a year now. Consistently.
Could things change? Sure. Are they likely to? No. In an industry where it takes half-a-decade to plan and execute a platform? Almost certainly no.

Keep in mind these things: Brampton is being re-tooled to become a non-platform plant, where it'll make and support the Windsor plant. Windsor is being re-tooled to massively expand its BEV vehicle lineup. Windsor is also getting a huge battery plant to support Windsor Assembly Plant.

There's nowhere in the existing assembly chain to make a new gasoline muscle car.

So, even Dodge is causing the confusion.
Not them causing it. The HEMI engine is used in platforms that aren't going away yet. Like... trucks. Mistaking engine for platform isn't confusion caused by them when they've said the engine stays but the platform doesn't. That means what it means.

Reactions: Saifrushdi

·
Registered
'18 Trackhawk Rhino | Laguna Red
89 Posts
The sooner the industry comes to grips that lithium is nowhere near sustainable as crude oil is, the better. This "save the planet" BS is doing more harm than good in the long run.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
911 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
731 Posts
I wouldnt say most lol. Most are being ordered with the 3.6 and the ridiculous 2.0t.
I guess it depends on the dealer and area. Just looked at my local dealer web site. About 80% of the Ram's on their lot were 5.7 engine models, and they had plenty. The Jeep Cherokee's, yes they were 3.6 engines.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,765 Posts
Dodge and Ram are two different companies. In addition, light trucks are rated differently than passenger cars in terms of CAFE concessions.
This exactly. Pickups are held to different emission standards. Especially so with 3/4 ton and one tons. They will always have the outgoing engine longer than passenger cars. I expect the Hemi to live on in Rams a lot longer than 2023.

Reactions: Saifrushdi and Bobo

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,822 Posts
Don't really know what to believe anymore...
Anyone who has been on the front lines of R&D understands that there is the Marketing Dept story line, then there is what is actually happening in the trenches. The pres is told that we will have this war won by Christmas, the guys in the trenches facing the bombs and machine guns are wondering how the f--- are we going to do that?!?!?

Think Tucker.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,460 Posts
The sooner the industry comes to grips that lithium is nowhere near sustainable as crude oil is, the better. This "save the planet" BS is doing more harm than good in the long run.
Lithium is actually VERY abundant but you're correct that recycling is proving far more challenging.

·
Registered
'18 Trackhawk Rhino | Laguna Red
89 Posts
Lithium is actually VERY abundant but you're correct that recycling itis proving far more challenging.
It's abundant overseas to an extent. If this continues, we will all but seal up a foreign dependence on it. This will not fare well in future conflicts.

Reactions: Bobo

·
Registered
2021 Ram TRX
1,541 Posts
I thought I saw the Hellcat went away in 2023 for Dodge but possibly lived into 2024 with the TRX?

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,332 Posts
The Hellcat and all passenger car V8s for Dodge are done at the end of the 2023 model year. So says Dodge as of press release yesterday.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
911 Posts
The Hellcat and all passenger car V8s for Dodge are done at the end of the 2023 model year. So says Dodge as of press release yesterday.
Do you have a link to the actual official press release that occurred 'yesterday'? Thanks .. i just find web articles paraphrasing it.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts