SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,079 Posts
That is what was officially announced. Though, I thought the Hellcat continues with the TRX until 2025.
Maybe the engine in the TRX. It's a truck and not subjected to the same emission regs as passenger cars. See post #13.

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,685 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
The Hellcat and all passenger car V8s for Dodge are done at the end of the 2023 model year. So says Dodge as of press release yesterday.
The press release is an official letter to this site:

That's a link to a website who received an email from an unnamed Dodge Rep. I don't know if I would be calling that a 'press release'. Even that link you provided says we will get some years of co-existence with a v8 and an EV platform. So I think the v8 is not going completely away in 2023 as you say. (even if the v8 is only the 392). How long the EV and 392 co-exist is the real question, which only time will tell depending on who controls the gov't in the next couple years and could go from there. The smartest thing for all car makers to be doing right now behind closed doors is covering all their bases in terms of directions they can head.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Dodge did say Hellcat is dead, then they said V8 can't live under the current regulation but also said HEMI is staying for the foreseeable future.
So, even Dodge is causing the confusion.
They just mean the HEMI word/name may still live on. They can still market with the word "HEMI" Does not mean the engine is an actual HEMI

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
877 Posts
For a fleeting moment, it seemed that Dodge’s Hemi-powered coupe and sedan might live on through the beginning of the “eMuscle” era after all.

eMuscle? Sounds like the automotive version of plant-based meat. The Hemimpossible Hellcat!

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,685 Posts
That's a link to a website who received an email from an unnamed Dodge Rep. I don't know if I would be calling that a 'press release'. Even that link you provided says we will get some years of co-existence with a v8 and an EV platform. So I think the v8 is not going completely away in 2023 as you say. (even if the v8 is only the 392). How long the EV and 392 co-exist is the real question, which only time will tell depending on who controls the gov't in the next couple years and could go from there. The smartest thing for all car makers to be doing right now behind closed doors is covering all their bases in terms of directions they can head.
I'm not going to discuss this anymore. God has spoken, and God's master has laid down the following rules. Explain to me how a Dodge 392 fits into this. The EPA closed the carbon credit trade starting in 2024:

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm not going to discuss this anymore. God has spoken, and God's master has laid down the following rules. Explain to me how a Dodge 392 fits into this. The EPA closed the carbon credit trade starting in 2024:
Yet the Mopar Godz work in mysterious ways, LOL
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Light

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,411 Posts
I wouldnt say most lol. Most are being ordered with the 3.6 and the ridiculous 2.0t.
In the 2.0t’s defense: I drove one in a new wrangler several weeks back. I was shocked. Paired to the 8-speed trans it didn’t suck! I couldn’t believe how well it did. Granted…I still wound up buying one with the V6 but my day-dreaming thoughts were contemplating how that engine would do with another 4 cylinders mated to it…add another turbo and some more displacement….I just can’t un-think of a V8. But anyways that 4-banger 8-speed trans combo left me impressed. Will be interesting to see how it does long term.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,676 Posts
In the 2.0t’s defense: I drove one in a new wrangler several weeks back. I was shocked. Paired to the 8-speed trans it didn’t suck! I couldn’t believe how well it did. Granted…I still wound up buying one with the V6 but my day-dreaming thoughts were contemplating how that engine would do with another 4 cylinders mated to it…add another turbo and some more displacement….I just can’t un-think of a V8. But anyways that 4-banger 8-speed trans combo left me impressed. Will be interesting to see how it does long term.
My mom has a '21 Cherokee Limited with the 2.0T and that thing is more fun/gutsier (for what it is) than the "bigger" 3.2 V6, while also being better on gas

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
733 Posts
Uhh…the Hemi engines they’ve already built?
They are still pumping them out daily at Saltillo. To many models still use that engine for it to just disappear.
As far as I concerned, Ram and Dodge are one in the same.
Those engines won't go away just yet.

·
Registered
'18 Trackhawk Rhino | Laguna Red
104 Posts
It's not "bs"
Too far? Maybe.
I think it's BS but respect others to disagree.

There's a long debated topic about whether or not climate change is natural or human-induced. I don't believe the latter, largely due to historical temps. But even if this was the case...aircraft, trains and ships emit a metric sh*t ton more of these "harmful" emissions. It's not even close to discuss it, really.

Then there's the CAFE standards that domino to the consumer. Increase gas mileage? Sure. We'll just make cars more expensive. Study after study shows that gas savings found in hybrid or EVs are eclipsed big time by original cost of the vehicle. By the time these savings are met, or close to being met, it's time to drop $20,000 on a new battery.

Reactions: Bobo and optout

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,148 Posts
Maybe the engine in the TRX. It's a truck and not subjected to the same emission regs as passenger cars. See post #13.
If the sell enough electric Rams, they could probably keep turning out TRXs with Hellcat engines.
Its a math game at this point. However, I can see TRX sales starting to slow. Over 35k orders for them and close to 30k built in 2 years. I think they touch 50k units at the end of 2024. Then its probably a Hurricane hybrid truck

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I think it's BS but respect others to disagree.

There's a long debated topic about whether or not climate change is natural or human-induced. I don't believe the latter, largely due to historical temps. But even if this was the case...aircraft, trains and ships emit a metric sh*t ton more of these "harmful" emissions. It's not even close to discuss it, really.

Then there's the CAFE standards that domino to the consumer. Increase gas mileage? Sure. We'll just make cars more expensive. Study after study shows that gas savings found in hybrid or EVs are eclipsed big time by original cost of the vehicle. By the time these savings are met, or close to being met, it's time to drop $20,000 on a new battery.
So you're saying science is wrong? Wow

·
Registered
'18 Trackhawk Rhino | Laguna Red
104 Posts
So you're saying science is wrong? Wow
No need to virtue signal with climate change while driving a Hellcat. Time to sell it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Bobo
21 - 40 of 86 Posts