SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Trackhawk Rhino | Laguna Red
103 Posts
Reactions: Bobo

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
733 Posts
They all got everything right on COVID right???
No, it was botched from the very beginning. We all know who that was, don't we ?

It's a problem when our current commander in chief doesn't want to use our oil but supply it to other countries.
Once again, oil is a commodity. It is for sale to the highest bidder. Oil was released to the open market in an attempt to lower prices. It achieved it's goal. Prices down consistently over the last 50 plus days.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
No, it was botched from the very beginning. We all know who that was, don't we ?

Once again, oil is a commodity. It is for sale to the highest bidder. Oil was released to the open market in an attempt to lower prices. It achieved it's goal. Prices down consistently over the last 50 plus days.
Let's hear who you think it was & exactly what they botched

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
733 Posts
Let's hear who you think it was & exactly what they botched
Really ? You need someone to explain that to you ?
Not only was the Pandemic Response Team disbanded in 2018.
By late 2019 “Currently, there are insufficient funding sources designated for the federal government to use in response to a severe influenza pandemic.”
Then Jan. 2020, “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
That would be from the "beginning".
Any other questions sir ?

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,538 Posts

Sounds like you're a Biden supporter so it's impossible to talk logically to you.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,538 Posts
I support the truth. Tell me what I said was not truthful ?
Funny to talk how gas prices are dropping over the last 50 days. Let's pretend the last two years didn't exist when gas prices are up $3 per gallon under his policies.

Joe, is it you?

• Love
Reactions: DuvShack and Bobo

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Really ? You need someone to explain that to you ?
Not only was the Pandemic Response Team disbanded in 2018.
By late 2019 “Currently, there are insufficient funding sources designated for the federal government to use in response to a severe influenza pandemic.”
Then Jan. 2020, “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
That would be from the "beginning".
Any other questions sir ?
Wow, you are tightly wound. I simply asked because I was curious who you decided to pin it on. Good day

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
So you're saying science is wrong? Wow
The only people that say "Follow the science" are people that know nothing about science. Anyone that knows science science that it's only a theory that is believed to be true until prove otherwise. Every day old theories are proven and disproven, new theories are advanced and new discoveries are made. Add to that the "studies" with predetermined outcomes that are bought and paid for. Add to that the headline readers that don't understand what they're repeating. Add to that newscasters that don't understand what they're repeating. Add to that the misinformation (like 97% of scientists believe that climate change is occurring, the real stat is that of the scientists that believe climate change is occurring, 97% believe it is man made, the actual percentage of scientists that believe climate change is occurring is 11%). Hell, look at the "science" involved in Covid and the vaccine. "If you get vaccinated you won't get Covid. Well, you can get Covid but you won't spread it. Well, you can still spread it but you won't have to go to the hospital. Well, you may have to go to the hospital but your symptoms will be less severe." And the CDC has admitted that the 5-fay quarantine was established because they determined that 5 days is what employer would tolerate. Very scientific.

So, yes, "science" is often wrong. Ask anyone that had leeches applied to them or had blood let to cure an ailment. Refuse the leeches? What are you, an anti-leecher? How about Pfizer's FDA-approved Chantix, to help you quit smoking. Oops, 10 years later it is recalled because people started dropping dead from heart attacks because of it. Same thing with Fen-Phen. Turns out that, way too often today, the correct science is determined by the highest bidder.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Funny to talk how gas prices are dropping over the last 50 days. Let's pretend the last two years didn't exist when gas prices are up $3 per gallon under his policies.

Joe, is it you?
Where I live gas was $2.09 the day Biden took office. I noted it because I knoew it was going to go up and I wanted to have the baseline.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
733 Posts

Joe, is it you?
I understand now. You choose to blame one person ( or policies ) for price increases while we live in a capitalist society were commodities are sold to highest bidder on the open market.
Those same oil companies raked in billions in profits while we all paid higher prices. Why is that ?

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,538 Posts
I understand now. You choose to blame one person ( or policies ) for price increases while we live in a capitalist society were commodities are sold to highest bidder on the open market.
Those same oil companies raked in billions in profits while we all paid higher prices. Why is that ?
Joe, sell those lies to someone else. The US isn't buying your BS.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Joe is taking all of the credit for bringing the prices down. So his actions can only help bring prices down...... not up. Got it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
733 Posts
I notice not one comment on why big corporate oil has recorded massive profits ?
I also find those comments hypocritical since we're talking about the price of gas on a high performance car forum.
When confronted with facts, some people resort to name calling, which is a sure sign of intelligence level.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,182 Posts
I agree, big oil profits are waaay too high. Let's start drilling again, fed land, off shore, AK glaciers, everywhere. And let's build pipelines everywhere! Let's build one to Europe to help them.

Once we get the oil flowing again, that will take care of all those excessive big oil profits! ;)

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,666 Posts
So you're saying science is wrong? Wow
When I was in the USAF and for the 6-7 years after I got out, I was an orbital analyst (AFSCN 1C691) that flew NOAA weather satellites amongst a couple other DOD payloads. Let me explain real quick how "science" gets made.

An agency, government, wealthy special interest... but most often the government will offer grant money for research. Now, this research grant will be worded like, "...grant for climate research and the study of the associated effects resulting from increases in mean ocean temperature around (map coordinates or region)." Individual labs and other government agencies, like NASA, NOAA, University research teams, and so on will submit grant proposals.

Now, it's very easy to see how science gets made at this point. Let's hypothesize that 20 grant proposals are written. 16 of them are worded in such a way that suggests the research laboratory is staffed with esteemed researchers and have state-of-the-are equipment or otherwise has access to the same. They word the document that suggests with X amount of dollars, they can further their research into manmade climate change. 4 grant letters are written to the contrary or, at best, are completely ambiguous without attempting to draw any untested conclusions.

Guess who the government gives the grant money to? The ones that align with their political narrative. That's also how you end up having someone like me flying NOAA WEATHERSATs that were monitoring temperature over a known warm spot in the Gulf of Mexico (due to shifts in the Gulf Stream) and ignoring the fact that the mean average sea temperature in the area outside that region was mapping cooler than 20 years prior... but according to the grant criteria, we were only to report on temps in a specific grid in the Gulf, and discard all observations outside of that grid as they were not in-scope for the purpose of the grant. Thus, even though we were seeing mean average cooling, per that specific localized instance, we did track warming. There were dozens and dozens of other micro studies granted in similar fashion to other small little locales in the oceans and politicians then aggregated those data points to show something like, "Oh! Look at all these points on the Earth where we're seeing massive spikes in temperature!"

Scientists aren't dumb. They like nice things and good food just like the rest of us. If the people writing grant checks pay money for data that shows global warming, then that data is produced. If the grant check writers want to see evidence that the polar ice caps will vanish in 17 years, a model will be written that shows it. If political winds change, those same research agencies will start writing grants to show global cooling. Whatever the politicians want, there's a scientist who wants a new Volvo that will give it to them. There's also 100 other scientists that will peer review and corroborate the study and everyone gets a new Volvo. That is, except the scientists who disagree. They get supermarket ramen for dinner.

This is exactly what happened in the 70s-80s. The new ice age is coming, we're all going to die, we need to start making global seed banks. Administration changed and it went from we're going to freeze to death to burn in hell in literally 8 months time.

Yaaaay science. Science will never be "science" until you peel government and its money out of it. I've seen a number of interesting theories tested and reported on, only to have government turn around and produce grants to combat the opposing theory... to a tune of over 100:1 in terms of funding. This is what government does. They pay for only the data they want to see... and sometimes that data is used only to mislead and misdirect. We saw a LOT of this during the Covid crisis in 2021-2022, much revolving around the efficacy of mRNA treatments and mask use. I won't go into the results of those studies, but I will say that while Trump was in office, the government was heavily invested into research on gaining the vaccine. Left leaning think tanks and research conglomerates sunk an enormous amount of money in testing the efficacy of the test vaccines, many concluding they were ineffective or dangerous (you might recall Kamala Harris bringing up the fact that she'd never receive one of those dangerous Trump vaccines as she read the results of the study during the 2016 campaign). After the admins changed, so did the science. Suddenly, all the research switched from how bad the vaccines were to how best to administer them, how often, and how safe they are. Almost no grant money was sent by the government to study adverse effects. They even halted the research partnership the US had with Israel on vaccine efficacy.

This is how "science" is made. It's not science, it's mostly politics. Which technically isn't allowed on these forums, but you can't talk science without government money and politics.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts