SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
501 - 520 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
140 Posts
I'm not sure they even use these codes any longer. Each time I get a status, they use words, not codes. "Additional equipment status" and "body status" are the two I've heard.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
18 Posts
I'm not sure they even use these codes any longer. Each time I get a status, they use words, not codes. "Additional equipment status" and "body status" are the two I've heard.
I called yesterday (8-22) and got "KZ" status from the SRT desk. Pretty happy since the order was placed on 8-2-19.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
140 Posts
I received the terrific news on 8/23 that my car moved to KZ status, ready to ship. I called my salesman, and was signing papers two hours later. I scored the $7970 savings! WooHoo!

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenge Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
165 Posts
My Redeye just went to KZL status in Troy MI. The problem is it’s not being shipped. Apparently the truck haulers are on strike. Question is can I have my Dealership hire a private carrier to get the car. I’m in Ohio so it’s only a few hours away. My fear is this could be a long wait, weeks, months. I hate the fact that the car is ready and just sitting in a storage lot. Winter is approaching and I really don’t want the car to be open transported on salt covered roads. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Sold the 21 and have a new 22 on order
117 Posts
I've been reading the various posts and would like to know how to contact this SRT desk. Is there a telephone number and if so, can someone please post it?
Appreciate it

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
699 Posts
SRT Hellcat 855-778-8326
They are very helpful and will call you back if they are busy, just leave your #. If you are inquiring about an ordered car have your VIN or VON#. Good luck

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
425 Posts
I am into week 2 of my order. I called Dodge and gave them the VON #. They said it doesn't exist. also Von# are 8 digits (numbers only) mine is HCxxxxxx with 6 digits. The lady said it was odd. I called my dealer and he said that VON number is odd as he never saw letters on it. The dealer did confirm it is in D1 status with June 1 delivery date - should I be alarmed?

·
Challenger SRT Demon
699 Posts
I am into week 2 of my order. I called Dodge and gave them the VON #. They said it doesn't exist. also Von# are 8 digits (numbers only) mine is HCxxxxxx with 6 digits. The lady said it was odd. I called my dealer and he said that VON number is odd as he never saw letters on it. The dealer did confirm it is in D1 status with June 1 delivery date - should I be alarmed?
Your VON# is right HC followed by 6 numbers.. Your dealer needs to give you your VIN# that is the 8 digit. In order for your order to be in D1 status it has to have been assigned a VIN#.. The other thing is Dodge computers take a couple of weeks to update, from my experience, so your dealer is best source for information as they receive computer updates tracking your order. Hope that helps

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
425 Posts
Lucky- thanks - Yeah, I got the vin # 2 weeks ago as well but forgot to tell you al that. As long as the Von # is valid,I guess I can sleep at night. I guess sine it is in D1, I will definately get my car??

·
Challenger SRT Demon
699 Posts
Lucky- thanks - Yeah, I got the vin # 2 weeks ago as well but forgot to tell you al that. As long as the Von # is valid,I guess I can sleep at night. I guess sine it is in D1, I will definately get my car??
Superbee - sooner or later we will get our cars.

·
Challenger SRT Demon
699 Posts
Got the build sheet today. Guess that means onto inspection. Order date March 1st - Charger Redeye

Reactions: Mattm400

·
Registered
86 Posts
Please forgive me for asking this, as I am new to this whole process of ordering a new car, as well as one of those people who're stuck waiting for computer chips and other parts and such to be available so Dodge SRT can begin production of new Hellcats again this October. Anyway, I'm wondering when, where, how, and who from, do you get the VIN, VON, Build Codes, and Build Sheet. And I'm guessing that VON stands for Vehicle Order Number???.... I'm guessing the answer for all of these items is: the local dealer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
287 Posts
Please forgive me for asking this, as I am new to this whole process of ordering a new car, as well as one of those people who're stuck waiting for computer chips and other parts and such to be available so Dodge SRT can begin production of new Hellcats again this October. Anyway, I'm wondering when, where, how, and who from, do you get the VIN, VON, Build Codes, and Build Sheet. And I'm guessing that VON stands for Vehicle Order Number???.... I'm guessing the answer for all of these items is: the local dealer.
Short answer, your dealer.

Back in 2015, I was able to look it all up myself on the computer. Now, you can pull up your build sheet and window sticker after your car has been built. Until then, you are at the mercy and competency of your salesman.

You should have the VON (Yes, you're right, Vehicle Order Number) within a couple of days. The VIN might take a little longer.

Window Sticker:

Build Sheet:

Replace the XXXXXX with your entire VIN number.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
298 Posts
Updated list of build codes from the Jeep forum,

Build codes.
Unscheduled:
BA – order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Reason Codes:
F – Finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
B – Model or option build out. Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.
L – Material restriction
M – Material hold (fleet)
ZA – canceled order

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your car to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off to upfitters.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The car is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the car. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Traffic Codes:
KZ L – released but not shipped KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

·
Registered
Traded my 2016 Hellcat for a 2022 Red eye WB JB that is on order
5 Posts
  • BA: New order that hasn't been checked
  • BB: Review by fleet department
  • BD: Special equipment processing
  • BE: Edit error
  • BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
  • BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
  • BX: Passed edit available for schedule
  • C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
  • D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
  • D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
  • E: Frame
  • F: Paint
  • G: Trim
  • I: Built not ok'd
  • J: Built ok'd
  • JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
  • JE: Emission check
  • JS: Shipped to storage
  • KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
  • KZL: Released - not shipped
  • KZM: First rail departure
  • KZN: First rail arrival
  • KZO: Delayed/recieved
  • KZOA: Plant holds
  • KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
  • KZOC: Carrier delays
  • KZOD: Carrier holds
  • KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
  • KZOF: Show/test vehicle
  • KZOG: Damaged vehicle
  • KZOH: All other reasons
  • KZT: Second rail departure
  • KZU: Second rail arrival
  • KZX: Delivered to dealer
  • ZA: Canceled
** IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS: Replace the XXXX with your LAST NAME and the YYYYYYYY with the LAST eight (8) of your VIN, hit enter. If you don't have a VIN but have the VON, you can type the VON in where it says Von and hit enter.**
I have ordered a Jail Break (don't tell me all of the reasons not to), I have a BX code....My dealer called me today and told me that Jail Breaks are a limited production vehicle!!
So I called Dodge up and spoke to AJ who said he knew nothing about that subject, but would send my request up the chain. Any body hear of this ??

501 - 520 of 546 Posts