SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Does Anyone Know What PIDS to Select on Trinity T2 to Monitor the Transmission?

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Bhdau1 
#1 ·
I am trying to get some data on my transmission while running the 1/4 mile AND during normal driving. My car and trans was tuned with the Diablosport Trinity T2 by HHP. I am wondering what PIDs need to be selected for datalogging the performance of the TCU/Transmission. I would like to know where the transmission is shifting during the run, how fast the trans is shifting, and any other info that would help explain why it feels like it gets stuck sometimes between gears and the excessive "lurch" when it shifts in Track mode. If anyone has experience with this I would really appreciate the help. I am going to take it to the track tonight for a few test and tune runs, and I really need to figure out what PIDs are relevant so I can log/record them properly for examination by HHP.

#2 ·
No one knows huh..... well I just got back from picking up my daughter and stopping by the track on the way home. Just ran two passes as right after we got there while I was prepping the car to run someone had their radiator give up the ghost in the staging area. It took them over an hour and a half to get it cleaned up and let people start running again. That ate up all the test and tune time so they ran test and tune and the classes at the same time. I logged both runs and hopefully the default settings got whatever info they will need. Ran a 10.1 and a 9.8 on my two passes. Spun on both runs and the 10.1 run in particular I felt the trans get stuck for a split second between two shifts. Definitely need to retune the transmission or maybe I just need to pull it this winter and send it off to Southern Hotrod for them to do a performance upgrade to their War Viking package for the ZF8HP90. Anyone running a war viking trans?

#8 ·
If you plug a pc into the T2 and open the DataViewer on the pc while the car is running you can supposedly get to more pid’s. You may have to launch DataViewer more than once for it to work cuz Holley rules

#3 ·
Pretty sure with hp tuners you can log some of the trans info but with T2 ya can not. Not to my knowledge. You can however select 3 pid’s (time is already there so need to select that) and get a better idea of what is happening. Throttle speed and rpm will help confirm a you have a issue instead of “it feels like it’s…”

Zoom in on ea shift and compare them

#4 ·
If you datalog, then run the Diablosport software reader on your PC with the log file opened you can turn on and off your selected PIDS. I had not done that specific to transmission when I last was at track and reviewed the data afterwards.

I will look at mine but I have an older handheld than you

#5 ·
Thank you for the info. I understand the principles involved but have no experience tuning the engine or the trans. From watching some YouTube videos it looks like the output shaft speed from the trans would be very beneficial as well but I couldn't find listed as a PID. I wish that HHP used HP Tuners as they are the shop that has done the work on my car. I know from talking to Mike at OST Dyno that you can convert DiabloSport to HP Tuners fairly easily, maybe I could do that and have him help me with the trans tuning then convert back to DiabloSport before sending the car back to HHP for some additional work this winter

#6 ·
DO NOT open the DSDownloader with your T2 connected to your puter. Ever. I don’t know what he is referring to as ‘DS software reader’ but the only thing you need to open with a T2 is the DataViewer. You downloaded that yes?

#9 ·
I use HPTuners now but used to use Diablo. If you send me a log of your car I can look and see if I notice anything.

What this sounds like to me is timing pulled at shift for torque management. You want "some" but there's a sweet spot of protecting the trans while still getting max performance.

#10 ·
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plot

That’s exactly what I think is going on with mine. Tuner says no way is it in the tune. Trans guys all say the trans is hurt and want 5k lol. You can see it pull 15° of timing on the 1-2 shift. That’s pulling it all the way back to zero. It still spun. Ya can see that too. Spun tiny bit going into 3rd and it only pulled 6° there. My actual timing never gets above 16 or 17° on a pass

Then there’s the whole thing where torque management pulls a ton at the hit sometimes. Pulled mine all the way down to 14.5 AFTER tdc soon as throttle blade went wide open on that pass. Only way to get rid of that is to turn torque management off below a certain rpm which is risky but I just did it anyways. Find out what happens Thursday

#11 ·
That’s exactly what I think is going on with mine. Tuner says no way is it in the tune. Trans guys all say the trans is hurt and want 5k lol. You can see it pull 15° of timing on the 1-2 shift. That’s pulling it all the way back to zero. It still spun. Ya can see that too. Spun tiny bit going into 3rd and it only pulled 6° there. My actual timing never gets above 16 or 17° on a pass

Then there’s the whole thing where torque management pulls a ton at the hit sometimes. Pulled mine all the way down to 14.5 AFTER tdc soon as throttle blade went wide open on that pass. Only way to get rid of that is to turn torque management off below a certain rpm which is risky but I just did it anyways. Find out what happens Thursday
Please come back a let us know what happened after making those adjustments. I have yet to get most of what I wanted accomplished done. A couple weeks back I was given an "updated" tune by my tuner to put into my car in the hopes that it would mesh with the trans tune better and eliminate the issues I am having. Well, after getting to the track and allowing the car to cool down for 45 mins or so I went and made a pass. I swear right before I went into the water box I turned on the recording function on the Trinity T2 tuner and pushed the record button. Got staged and promptly ran a 9.7xx at like 140 mph. A very good pass! however when I got to the end of the track I went to push "stop" to end the recording and save it and it was gone. The pass felt good but the shifting still didn't feel right. I parked it for 30 mins and then got in line to make another pass. Well, I got selected to move up and go right away when I thought I had at least two or three more pairs ahead of me. I got rushed and didnt get anything recording before the pass. The pass was terrible and the trans hung up at the end, not making the last shift. Everything lit up and my car started running like shit. I couldnt touch the gas without the car dying and the idle was super rough. I turned the car off, checked it for visible damage or leaking fluids underneath and after making sure there was nothing like that I quickly cleared the multiple trouble codes and then started it up. People were getting stacked up and I just wanted to get out of the way quickly. In hindsight I should have taken a pic of all of the codes it listed. I ended up driving it home right after that with the ETC light on (lightning bolt with vertical lines) and the code P00FA unable to be cleared. The next day I started the car and the ETC light was now off but the P00FA code was still on and would not clear. I ended up replacing the MAP sensor on the side of the supercharger and that fixed that code. Later on however, the first time I went WOT I got two new codes P1129 and P2254. I'm beginning to think there is an issue with my Diablosport PCM or maybe it is something in that tune. I switched back to the earlier tune last night and will see this week if these codes show back up with this tune.

#13 ·
Lost a few logs myself. Too bad you don’t have one of the pass that it freaked out on. Now I start recording at the ready line. Drop the T2 in the cup holder that’s in the door. I do not touch it again until I can pull over on the return road and come to a complete stop. I don’t start moving again til I’ve named it and it’s saved. Then I go back to the pits and download it to my computer. I’ll lose that log if I log another pass without downloading the previous one first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.