SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I’m ordering a Redeye today. The standard information screen is set up without Navigation, the optional Navigation is another $700 plus or minus. I rarely used the Navigation on my 2016 Hellcat that didn’t have Apple Carplay. I nearly always used my phone. With the Redeye having Apple Carplay without the optional Navigation, how does Navigation work with Apple Carplay? Will my iPhone’s Maps/Navigation transfer to the car’s display screen? Sorry to sound like a nit-wit, but I guess I am, when it comes to a lot of these technology features.
By the way, I went to the dealer to order a Trackhawk, but the Redeye had such great lease incentives, I couldn’t resist!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
With apple car play, you can use waze, google maps and a few other apps for navigation. What you see in your phone is displayed on the car center screen, including voice prompts for turns, etc.

But my main question, you can opt out of navigation, still get apple car play for 2019 cars and have the same size screen? I assume it’s a lower powered amp with less speakers, but still an interesting option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes screen size is the same, 17 had Nav, wasn’t great and hardly used it. 19 has car play and I use waze. So much better. Speakers are also not dependent on Nav or not .

·
Premium Member
7,861 Posts
I have a Redeye WITHOUT Nav, for the reasons you list. The unit is the same, it just don't have the NAV button. Maybe everything works a bunch faster and more consistent without it. Its performance and consistency so far blows the bad performance from my old 2015 away! It looks like the UConnect crap for weather, sports and gas prices (whatever that is called) is not active. Big deal, I won't miss the slow loading hardly necessary stuff anyway. But all that and more is available on Google Earth and a whole bunch of other apps on our phones, right? Car Play works great. Google Earth looks so fine and detailed in Satellite view. I even notice that Sirius/XM app is even available now in Car Play.

·
Premium Member
7,861 Posts
Yes screen size is the same, 17 had Nav, wasn’t great and hardly used it. 19 has car play and I use waze. So much better. Speakers are also not dependent on Nav or not .
Right, got the upgraded HC stereo, sounds better without the stuff!:D

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yes CarPlay will work right on the screen when your iPhone is plugged into the USB port, no factory navigation required. (Or Android Auto if you have an Android phone like me). I use mine all the time. Not so much for nav (I do use that occasionally), but mostly to stream music.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, for your timely replies. I ordered a Maximum Steel Redeye Widebody today..without navigation, thanks to the explanation you’ve all given.

·
Registered
306 Posts
wait, what happened to the "I'm buying 2 Trackhawks"?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wait, what happened to the "I'm buying 2 Trackhawks"?
Well, I drove my current 2016 Hellcat Challenger and thought that I’d miss the car if I got rid of it. I’ve always wished I could have gotten Maximum Steel when I bought my car, early in 2016. I could have ordered a black Trackhawk, but the Redeye in Max Steel was calling my name. I still plan to trade my Jeep SRT and get my wife a Trackhawk, but we’re still considering the whole “What color will look ok with the yellow calipers?” dilemma.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FC3D8E7E-ED23-4EA5-8FF3-CFAEAB331971.jpeg
That was quick....not even 24 hours and my Redeye came in! Oops, I saw that hood and thought it was a Redeye. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts