SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always see the leather seats worn out on Hellcats, but alcantara is fine. I want the red leather but will it wear out or is that due to lack of proper care?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,736 Posts
if you neglect it and jump in and slide all over it getting out then yeah. But thats any leather.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you neglect it and jump in and slide all over it getting out then yeah. But thats any leather.
Has the manufacturing improved in the past couple years? used to see a lot of problems about sagging but not anymore

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
475 Posts
Yes...My 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody was ordered with the laguna leather package. That, combined with the vented seats makes for a very rapidly wearing item for sure. I am EXTREMELY picky about my car. Inside and out. Carefully getting in and out, nothing in my rear pockets, only nice soft pants when driving, etc. Only the very best leather treatment and I do it all myself. Mine is a daily driver, but the drivers seat is already a bit wrinkly and noticeably wearing. The leather is just so thin. Within 5 years or less, it will have to be replaced I’m sure (at least the seat bottom). Very soft and comfortable for sure. Its just way to thin. If I had it to order over again, I would not get the laguna leather.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes...My 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody was ordered with the laguna leather package. That, combined with the vented seats makes for a very rapidly wearing item for sure. I am EXTREMELY picky about my car. Inside and out. Carefully getting in and out, nothing in my rear pockets, only nice soft pants when driving, etc. Only the very best leather treatment and I do it all myself. Mine is a daily driver, but the drivers seat is already a bit wrinkly and noticeably wearing. The leather is just so thin. Within 5 years or less, it will have to be replaced I’m sure (at least the seat bottom). Very soft and comfortable for sure. Its just way to thin. If I had it to order over again, I would not get the laguna leather.
I wanted red interior to contrast black exterior, but now I am thinking of just getting black alcantara interior. The alcantara is only at the seat part where you sit so I don't know if it is worth getting it, but I feel like that is the area that gives the most problems with leather so should I just go for alcantara because I really don't want to deal with cracking or sagging leather

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
475 Posts
I wanted red interior to contrast black exterior, but now I am thinking of just getting black alcantara interior. The alcantara is only at the seat part where you sit so I don't know if it is worth getting it, but I feel like that is the area that gives the most problems with leather so should I just go for alcantara because I really don't want to deal with cracking or sagging leather
The red looks good though!

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The red looks good though!
Hmm, would you get red leather or that half leather half alcantara thing in black? Color wise red is amazing, just worried about maintaining it throughout the course of the car. Of course I am going to take very good care of it, how much of the sagging and all is covered by warranty?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,151 Posts
Agree 100% well said

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
475 Posts
Hmm, would you get red leather or that half leather half alcantara thing in black? Color wise red is amazing, just worried about maintaining it throughout the course of the car. Of course I am going to take very good care of it, how much of the sagging and all is covered by warranty?
I think as long as you dont get the laguna/soft leather, you should be ok. I saw another car at the dealer that had thick leather. I think its called “nappa” leather maybe? That or alcantara/suede should be better for the long term wear characterIstics.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
475 Posts
Unsure about warranty on the interior. May not be covered and considered a wear item. I honestly don’t know. Maybe someone else could chime in...

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think as long as you dont get the laguna/soft leather, you should be ok. I saw another car at the dealer that had thick leather. I think its called “nappa” leather maybe? That or alcantara/suede should be better for the long term wear characterIstics.
I see it's laguna leather because I am ordering from factory, I am gonna have to think this over because that red is so nice haha

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
Had my 2016 with full Laguna leather for 4 yrs. Not one issue ever. Looked new the day I traded it in and had never conditioned it. My 2020 has the exact same seats and I dont see why they would wear out in 5 yrs.

Reactions: D Ras

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
475 Posts
Had my 2016 with full Laguna leather for 4 yrs. Not one issue ever. Looked new the day I traded it in and had never conditioned it. My 2020 has the exact same seats and I dont see why they would wear out in 5 yrs.
Unsure as to why mine are wearing so quickly myself. Seems to be paper thin. I have 14,000 miles on her, and it is a daily, but already wrinkled and creasing.

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
Unsure as to why mine are wearing so quickly myself. Seems to be paper thin. I have 14,000 miles on her, and it is a daily, but already wrinkled and creasing.
Must be the daily part. Mine are never really a daily. Maybe they shrink back up if theyre not used as often? Weird.

Reactions: Chancey

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
227 Posts
Sunlight? Car exposed to big temperature changes?

An interior in a car that’s kept in a heated garage and doesn’t see intense temperatures (baking in the sun, freezing outside) or massive amounts of moisture from wet clothes or even super damp conditions will keep near perfect if proper care is taken.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
475 Posts
Sunlight? Car exposed to big temperature changes?

An interior in a car that’s kept in a heated garage and doesn’t see intense temperatures (baking in the sun, freezing outside) or massive amounts of moisture from wet clothes or even super damp conditions will keep near perfect if proper care is taken.
Garaged and pampered. Although driven daily... It is just as thin as a napkin it seems.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
227 Posts
Garaged and pampered. Although driven daily... It is just as thin as a napkin it seems.
Maybe you got a bad cow? 😆 lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
20 Posts
I had a 12 SRT red leather interior that I worked so hard to protect but it wrinkled and wore where I went in and out but my 16 Hellcat Alcantera still looks new and is slightly beyond similar miles and seat time. I also had an 08 RT with black leather that wore as badly as the 12 red but wasn’t as visible.

Reactions: Chancey

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a 12 SRT red leather interior that I worked so hard to protect but it wrinkled and wore where I went in and out but my 16 Hellcat Alcantera still looks new and is slightly beyond similar miles and seat time. I also had an 08 RT with black leather that wore as badly as the 12 red but wasn’t as visible.
I ended up going with red leather because of the color and the fact that the alcantara was only at the part where you sit, the part where you go in and out was going to be leather either way. i know in the 2015 and 2016 the alcantara was the full seat but now its only a part of it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts