SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I was wondering if your Redeye idles smoothly?
Also wondering if anyone has changed plugs and noticed any difference? I don't want to replace plugs just for fun!
While at idle, there is a bit of roughness that I can feel, almost like a misfire. Almost like a cam lope.Runs smoothly under acceleration. Not sure if it is just the HP nature of this engine or what. I have just over 12000 miles on it and drive it as hard as it will run, probably more than most on here. Not mistreating it, just getting all the performance it will generate. Seems like the performance has dropped off a bit, but maybe I am just getting used to it. Need to get it to the 1/4 mile dyno with good track prep to confirm.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat
11 Posts
I don't have a RE but I can tell my 2020(A8) does have a very very slight idle surge, every couple of seconds, when I'm stopped at a light with my foot on the brake.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,013 Posts
Is it a tiny bit rough only when the engine is cold or the whole time it’s running

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it a tiny bit rough only when the engine is cold or the whole time it’s running
Has this when fully warm. No modifications other than a JBL catch can. Has done it since new. Thanks

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
246 Posts
None of the new "HEMI" engines idle smoothly. They should with a dual plug ignition, but they don't That fact has been discussed on forums since 2004

1 - 9 of 9 Posts