SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Michelin owns BFG in case you did not know.

I've got BFG tires on my Hellcat with a whole 17,000 mi on them. BFG offers a 45,000 mile warranty on these tires. However, they are refusing to reimburse me for new tires or replace the tires. The rears have uneven treadwear and need to be replaced. No, I haven't done any burnouts on them. This car is my daily driver, not a track rat.

Steer clear of their tires.

· Registered
137 Posts
I worked in a Sam's club during college as a tire installer. Michelin and BFG are some of the most highly rated and best made tires (Goodyear generally being the worst). I know from experience their warranties specify usually regular documented rotations. Who did you actually buy the tires from and what was their reasoning behind not prorating them?

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I worked in a Sam's club during college as a tire installer. Michelin and BFG are some of the most highly rated and best made tires (Goodyear generally being the worst). I know from experience their warranties specify usually regular documented rotations. Who did you actually buy the tires from and what was their reasoning behind not prorating them?
They, of course, try to blame the customer and it must be my fault because under inflated over inflated implied that because it's a Hellcat I must be doing burnouts all the time blah blah blah.

You can't rotate a staggered setup!

· Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
3,858 Posts
They, of course, try to blame the customer and it must be my fault because under inflated over inflated implied that because it's a Hellcat I must be doing burnouts all the time blah blah blah.

You can't rotate a staggered setup!
You have a staggered setup? Has your car aligned lately? Is this what they said for the denial?

· Registered
2015 Challenger SRT M6 Hellcat
1,049 Posts
How do we know if any other tire manufacturer won't respond in the same way? If you decide to stop buying Michelin/BFG, what tire will you go with next and how do you assure they won't respond the same manner if you have the same or a similar issue? Maybe the tire distributor or reseller is more important in this instance. Costco Tire centers, as an example, are customer oriented and while I've never had a tire issue that I had to resolve with Costco, I know of a few other instances from friends or family where they did honor tire warranty.

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have a staggered setup? Has your car aligned lately? Is this what they said for the denial?
Front tires are wearing fine.
Again, they gave a bunch of excuses to blame me for a bunch of nonsense that's not the case. Any way corporate America can get out of making things right, honoring a warranty, shelling out money for defective products, they will do it. Sad, but true.

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How do we know if any other tire manufacturer won't respond in the same way? If you decide to stop buying Michelin/BFG, what tire will you go with next and how do you assure they won't respond the same manner if you have the same or a similar issue? Maybe the tire distributor or reseller is more important in this instance. Costco Tire centers, as an example, are customer oriented and while I've never had a tire issue that I had to resolve with Costco, I know of a few other instances from friends or family where they did honor tire warranty.
No one can predict the future on anything so let's not go there with nonsense like that. As far as a vendor making anything right, who knows. I purchased them from peak performance / best wheel deals on this forum.

· Registered
2020 Challenger HC A8
153 Posts
I believe that staggered setups get 50% mileage warranty- you're still within that limitation too.
This is why I go with a square setup. These heavy a$$ cars with a 1/2 ton of torque roast the drive tire.

The OE A/S Spinrelli's on my car just hit 28K, I was rotating them from to back But got lazy and haven't rotated them since July and now the right rear is burned off.

I do no do burnouts or roast the tires from a stop light either,

The same thing happens with my truck, The right rear does the driving and any slip burns it off also.

But I think most tire warranties don't cover treadwear,

I had bubbles in the sidewall on a set of Yokohama's on my Mustang years ago , Yokohama blamed potholes for those.

Haven't bought a Jokohama since.

· Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody (destroyer grey)
583 Posts
Usually it is where you get the tires from, like Discount Tire or wherever, that will do the warranty work for prorating the tires. Why did you contact BFG directly? I'd go back to where you got the tires and have them prorate for a new set. I've had issues such as this in the past and went back, Discount Tire in my case, and have never had any issues getting a prorate on the worn tires that didn't make it to the warranty claim. They typically just look to see if the tire wore correctly due to good alignment and things, and if so, you should be good to go for a prorate.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
309 Posts
Front tires are wearing fine.
Again, they gave a bunch of excuses to blame me for a bunch of nonsense that's not the case. Any way corporate America can get out of making things right, honoring a warranty, shelling out money for defective products, they will do it. Sad, but true.
dont care what kind of tire you put on it, nothing will last on these cars.... Look into Atturro AZ850's in my opinion one of the best daily driver tires for these cars for 1/4 of the price of michellins... at 150 a piece. Even with a staggered setup and 315s in the rear ive been running these tires for over 5 years never had 1 issue and they last about 20,000-25,000 miles... these will last you about 1.5 years before changing.. when they wear out throw em away and buy a new set for $700....

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,840 Posts
I've never done a burn out. I run a staggered setup. I get 20k miles on my fronts, and 5-8k on the rear with A/S Continental tires (and I think they have a 50k tread rating--if you are square and rotate--and are not driving a 400+hp hemi...)
The fact that you got 17k miles on the rear tires on a HC means either:
a) those are actually super-freaking-amazing tires
b) you drive your HC like a grandma everywhere... so why do you have it? :p

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
1,811 Posts
dont care what kind of tire you put on it, nothing will last on these cars.... Look into Atturro AZ850's in my opinion one of the best daily driver tires for these cars for 1/4 of the price of michellins... at 150 a piece. Even with a staggered setup and 315s in the rear ive been running these tires for over 5 years never had 1 issue and they last about 20,000-25,000 miles... these will last you about 1.5 years before changing.. when they wear out throw em away and buy a new set for $700....
Hmmmm, I wonder why Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, etc. don't use them as their o.e. tires? If price is the only criteria you use to pick tires for a 700+ horsepower car, you may want to reevaluate your priorities.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts