SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
It's been awhile, but I don't believe treadwear warranties apply to staggered setups. May be it is the 50% like someone else said.

I would suggest going to the installer and trying that route to get them prorated. I know Sam's Club would agree to prorate in special cases even if the requirements were not met.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
309 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder why Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, etc. don't use them as their o.e. tires? If price is the only criteria you use to pick tires for a 700+ horsepower car, you may want to reevaluate your priorities.
Yeah man let's compare a dodge to a Ferrari and Porsche.. are you joking.. A dodge is never going to be any of those cars above my friend.. and there 320AA tires , plenty of members here run them.. I've used them for 5 years, great tires... your probably the same guy who buys a 700 Gucci T shirt.. to each there own.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
1,825 Posts
Yeah man let's compare a dodge to a Ferrari and Porsche.. are you joking.. A dodge is never going to be any of those cars above my friend.. and there 320AA tires , plenty of members here run them.. I've used them for 5 years, great tires... your probably the same guy who buys a 700 Gucci T shirt.. to each there own.
*they're
*you're
*their
I don't buy $700 Gucci shirts so I can instead buy $700 Michelin tires. Because priorities.

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've never done a burn out. I run a staggered setup. I get 20k miles on my fronts, and 5-8k on the rear with A/S Continental tires (and I think they have a 50k tread rating--if you are square and rotate--and are not driving a 400+hp hemi...)
The fact that you got 17k miles on the rear tires on a HC means either:
a) those are actually super-freaking-amazing tires
b) you drive your HC like a grandma everywhere... so why do you have it? :p
5knmi on a street tire without burnouts?! Something is off there...

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,074 Posts
I believe that 45,000 miles is an average expectancy, so warranty would be for the stated mileage against manufacturing defects only, not wear. So, might be different if you had a belt slip or break or some kind of manufacturing defect. If they warranted for certain mileage, then technically you could buy new tires, burn them off at track & never have to buy a set again.

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I believe that 45,000 miles is an average expectancy, so warranty would be for the stated mileage against manufacturing defects only, not wear. So, might be different if you had a belt slip or break or some kind of manufacturing defect. If they warranted for certain mileage, then technically you could buy new tires, burn them off at track & never have to buy a set again.
They are not wearing evenly. For whatever reason, they were defective don't put a warranty on an item if you're going to put every dumbass stipulation on it. The bottom line is, I shouldn't have to pay for a new set of tires at this point I shouldn't have to pay for a new set of tires at this point

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
309 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder why Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, etc. don't use them as their o.e. tires? If price is the only criteria you use to pick tires for a 700+ horsepower car, you may want to reevaluate your priorities.
A dodge is never going to be any of those cars above my friend.. and there 320AA tires , plenty of members here run them.. I've used them for 5 years, great tires... your probably the same guy who buys a 700 Gucci T shirt.. to each the
*they're
*you're
I don't buy $700 Gucci shirts so I can instead buy $700 Michelin tires. Because priorities.
Thanks Webster.

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,074 Posts
They are not wearing evenly. For whatever reason, they were defective don't put a warranty on an item if you're going to put every dumbass stipulation on it. The bottom line is, I shouldn't have to pay for a new set of tires at this point I shouldn't have to pay for a new set of tires at this point

QUOTE]
Ok 👌

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,537 Posts
Staggered setup is going to wear them prematurely. They can't be rotated. Expect a large reduction in wear time if not rotated. You have to think about how differently the fronts wear than the rear and understand how important rotating actually is in relation to overall wear.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Have you had your alignment checked? Most uneven tire wear is due to alignment issues. The caster is often times off on the rear of our cars due to cradle movement ability. The rear toe could effect that as well. Not giving a pass or posting blame, just offering info to maybe help prevent the next set from having issues early as well.

I understand your frustration 100% but seems to be the norm across all industries. I think the consumer has done it to ourselves with people gaming the system now companies make it near impossible to get something covered. For me, it was the Conti's. About 6 months after getting mine installed they are rock hard. Perform WAY worse than the 6 year old stock tires I took off the car. Conti said things were within "spec" as did Discount Tire. After pushing Discount they were going to offer a pro-rated refund if I bought another set of the same tires. Was going to cost me a little over $1K more less than 6 months after I bought the last set. B.S. IMHO but that's where I wound up...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
Sometimes I look at two brands of tires that are pretty much identical for the stated specs.
Seeing how much power the Hellcat has, a mileage warranty (I know, from the manufacturer based on ??) that is higher may help me decide which one to go with.
Definitely ask for mileage warranty frim another BFG rep- you don't get if you don't ask...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
Have you had your alignment checked? Most uneven tire wear is due to alignment issues. The caster is often times off on the rear of our cars due to cradle movement ability. The rear toe could effect that as well. Not giving a pass or posting blame, just offering info to maybe help prevent the next set from having issues early as well.

I understand your frustration 100% but seems to be the norm across all industries. I think the consumer has done it to ourselves with people gaming the system now companies make it near impossible to get something covered. For me, it was the Conti's. About 6 months after getting mine installed they are rock hard. Perform WAY worse than the 6 year old stock tires I took off the car. Conti said things were within "spec" as did Discount Tire. After pushing Discount they were going to offer a pro-rated refund if I bought another set of the same tires. Was going to cost me a little over $1K more less than 6 months after I bought the last set. B.S. IMHO but that's where I wound up...
Oh boy- Conti's ( cheaper, if I can use the word cheaper lol) were my very close runner-up to the PS4S that I eventually got...
The Michelins have been FANTASTIC BTW...

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Oh boy- Conti's ( cheaper, if I can use the word cheaper lol) were my very close runner-up to the PS4S that I eventually got...
The Michelins have been FANTASTIC BTW...
To be fair I don't think the Conti's are a bad tire. I think I just got a bad batch as my experience with them seems to be on the rare side. Which is also why I was surprised they wouldn't replace them at no cost.

Reactions: Greengohellcat

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,235 Posts
Front tires are wearing fine.
Again, they gave a bunch of excuses to blame me for a bunch of nonsense that's not the case. Any way corporate America can get out of making things right, honoring a warranty, shelling out money for defective products, they will do it. Sad, but true.
*Corporate France.

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No one can predict the future on anything so let's not go there with nonsense like that. As far as a vendor making anything right, who knows. I purchased them from peak performance / best wheel deals on this forum.
Contacted the vendor and they told me to contact the manufacturer so there we gocontacted the vendor and they told me to contact the manufacturer so there we go

· Registered
53 Posts
If at first you don't succeed, try again.
I say this because a phone call always goes to someone else.
If they deny you and everyone else the 1st time and 50% of the customers go away, they are ahead. Keep pressing and you should get better results. If you keep pushing, they should eventually cave to their warranty.
I know it shouldn't have to be this way, but that's the way it works.
Best of Luck

21 - 40 of 44 Posts