SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Good advice

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
I ordered my oil in the satin black bottles, still on backorder, go figure....

Reactions: aggiescamp

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
I ordered my oil in the satin black bottles, still on backorder, go figure....
Mine came in 2 days from Pep Boys deeeelivered to my door:)

· Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Reactions: Hellcatski

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,437 Posts
Why wait I don't but am not low. I check after car sits 24 hours prior to start. Always just barely over fill mark (est 1 mm above.) Hasn't budged starting at 160 miles...503 (current.) Not saying my check at cold is right, but so many say low makes me wonder do they wait for accurate read.

Lot's mention smoke color at re-occuring frequent starts that's indicative of blow by where positive c.c. pressure and vacuum on clean side air intake is getting (some) oil from rocker cover pressure relief line plumbed into air intake manifold coupler. Can't imagine too much though.. hm...

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Why wait I don't but am not low. I check after car sits 24 hours prior to start. Always just barely over fill mark (est 1 mm above.) Hasn't budged starting at 160 miles...503 (current.) Not saying my check at cold is right, but so many say low makes me wonder do they wait for accurate read.

Lot's mention smoke color at re-occuring frequent starts that's indicative of blow by where positive c.c. pressure and vacuum on clean side air intake is getting (some) oil from rocker cover pressure relief line plumbed into air intake manifold coupler. Can't imagine too much though.. hm...
Oil level should be checked with a hot engine after at least 60 seconds of shutdown on a level surface.

· Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts

· Banned
Challenger SRT Redeye
608 Posts
Revelation 9: A high-capacity engine oil cooler is standard Hellcat equipment. The factory-fill lubricant is Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic oil in a 0w40 viscosity grade. A total of six heat exchangers live at the front of each Challenger SRT powered by this engine.

After watching the videos it's pretty obvious they want you to use that Pennzoil ultra platinum pure. Thanks for info.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Revelation 9: A high-capacity engine oil cooler is standard Hellcat equipment. The factory-fill lubricant is Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic oil in a 0w40 viscosity grade. A total of six heat exchangers live at the front of each Challenger SRT powered by this engine.

I'm so confused by these oil's , which is correct ? I guess you could only get the SRT oil from Dodge? Can you get that SRT oil from Pep Boys?
Yes and Amazon Pennzoil # 550040856 get the 6 pack $51

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,437 Posts
Oil level should be checked with a hot engine after at least 60 seconds of shutdown on a level surface.
But more variance that way in my experience I expect to see it high checking cold with less variance. I did that a few tmies just to see diff hot and cold on stick. But realize that's the pc way.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
But more variance that way in my experience I expect to see it high checking cold with less variance. I did that a few tmies just to see diff hot and cold on stick. But realize that's the pc way.
No cold isn't apples to apples. Cold oil could be any temp where hot engine oil is more consistent

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
From owners manual----
The best time to
check the engine oil level is about five minutes after a
fully warmed engine is shut off.
Checking the oil while the vehicle is on level ground will
improve the accuracy of the oil level readings.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,437 Posts
B5.... There's average places on the stick both hot and cold, cold always shows above full is what I observe. What I observe when checked hot theres more variance, when I read cold less... important to know where it should be hot. I just look for loss using cold.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.