SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many owners (as I have) have had door panel replacement under warranty. I have others: The dash cover panel is showing the opening lines for the passenger side airbag,. The rubber seal at the bottom of the windshield is disintegrating, there is an apparent rust bubble in the hood paint (front edge) about the size of a quarter and the front bumper cover is a different color ( darker) . It has the extra cost red pearl tricoat finish. I am getting tired of the paint & trim problems. The windshield seal is covered by warranty but I have not been back with the other crap YET!
Has anyone had similar problems? Warranty problem?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,736 Posts
Hood is aluminum. Doubt that’s a rust bubble. Weird how many issues you have. Although ive seen a few Charger door panel complaints and never Challenger ones. Wonder what’s going on with Chargers.

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Didn't know the hood was aluminum. How about bumper cover discoloration on Chargers?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,060 Posts
Bumper covers along with mirrors and door handles come into Brampton already painted so there is often a slight mismatch but doubt they will cover it at this late stage, good luck with it anyway though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
176 Posts
I know many owners (as I have) have had door panel replacement under warranty. I have others: The dash cover panel is showing the opening lines for the passenger side airbag,. The rubber seal at the bottom of the windshield is disintegrating, there is an apparent rust bubble in the hood paint (front edge) about the size of a quarter and the front bumper cover is a different color ( darker) . It has the extra cost red pearl tricoat finish. I am getting tired of the paint & trim problems. The windshield seal is covered by warranty but I have not been back with the other crap YET!
Me too! But, mine took place AFTER the warranty expired! :(

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
I am having this problem on my 16 Charger Hellcat interior passenger door panel separating from the doorframe and I'm out of 3 year warranty, but have only 31k on odometer...this should not be happening at this mileage on a $71k car!!! It's currently at the dealer and their telling me I'm out of luck for the bumper to bumper being expired and want to charge me $1125.00 to install and it's backordered, really? This is not good customer relations and I'm considering buying a 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye! The faux chrome console trim panel around the cup holders is also peeling and it sliced my finger open and I spewed blood all over my shifter, unreal!!! The same dealer said it would cost $326 to install cup holder console and I texted back the adviser, that it's not the cup holder console it's the trim ring bezel (sent them a picture with mopar part number) $33 and she responded to tech must've got the part number wrong...ya think? I wasn't born yesterday!!! I also brought car in for airbag light and it was the same problem I had it in for last year also ,the seat belt which would be covered under warranty because they fixed that last year! She also informed me that the same doors window which many times doesn't go up on 1st or 2nd try; of which I had it in last year for the same problem under warranty when they said they can't find the problem, that it's also out of warranty and because they couldn't find a problem last year it also wouldn't be covered, really they had the car for 3 months; yes you read that right, dropped car off October 7th 2019 and finally got it back December 12th 2019 and the bumper to bumper expired during this long vacation!! Brought car in for air bag light and it turned out to be a driver's side seat belt issue which they replaced along with a faulty supercharger, driveshaft, rack,motor mount, shifter, a hood like your issue with front and side edges bubbling and they tried painting it and it wasn't coming out so they agreed to replace the whole hood and then there was the firewall rusting on the passenger side almost behind the supercharger and they sprayed that!!! I texted her back last night for an after going back and f

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
Screen froze up ,but tried texting her back for an estimate on when the door panel would be in if I decided to splurge for the $1125 and also when the backordered seat belt would be in and no response, texted her twice again today about timeframe for backordered parts and no response, losing patience with this bad customer service! Unreal!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
26 Posts
I've had both front door panels replaced under warranty. I've noticed my centre console panels are starting to show signs of warpage. Never had interior problems like this on any other cars I've owned.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
I know what you mean some cars had well over 100k on odometer and never had these problems even the fake chrome bezel around my cup holder was peeling unbeknownst to me until I sliced my finger wide out on it and started spewing blood all over! These door panels warping at 30k are extremely upsetting twofold, 1st no longer covered by bumper to bumper and 2nd the backorder going into the 3rd quarter September 2021 when FCA will be revealing the 2022 models, seriously? That's not right to treat loyal customers like this!! When I had my 02 BMW 540 M sport Package and the brakes needed replacing just over the 3 year 36k maintenance warranty they covered the whole brake job of over $1000 including rotors all around ...that's customer service!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts