SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around to see if anyone has done this, and have not found much. Does anyone know if it is possible to go with a smaller wheel size considering the larger brake calipers and rotors of the ScatPack?
Currently have 245/45/20 but when looking at the price for the 18's or 19's... its a considerable cost difference.
Any thoughts/experience?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,554 Posts
Ive been looking around to see if anyone has done this, and have not found much. Does anyone know if it is possible to go with a smaller wheel size considering the larger brake calipers and rotors of the ScatPack?
Currently have 245/45/20 but when looking at the price for the 18's or 19's... its a considerable cost difference.
Any thoughts/experience?
Some automakers -- don't know about Dodge -- offer factory "sanctioned" winter tire/wheel sets and if so and if they'll fit smaller wheels/tires will be offered. So check with Dodge parts.

Likewise, if a smaller winter tires/wheels setup would work on the car Tire Rack I believe should offer it. Thus check for a set for you model and MY on the Tire Rack web site.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,471 Posts
You might want to go more skinny, but do not shrink the diameter.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,553 Posts
I have seen a couple of custom 19in wheels fit on the front but it wouldn't be financially worth it to save a few bucks on snow tires.
The rear is no issue.
Edit - just noticed you said Scat Pack Charger. I know the Scat Pack Challenger does not have the 6 piston huge front brakes. If you don't as well then I know 18in wheels could fit over my previous 15 Scat Pack Challenger calipers.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,146 Posts
I've got this pic of a Scat Pack with the base SXT 18's on it, now he could be using spacers to get the fronts to clear I do not know.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,553 Posts
This is a screenshot from a video of doing a brake job on a 2016 Scat Pack Charger. I see 4 piston Brembos so I think there is a good chance you can use 18" wheels if you have these too.
upload_2018-11-9_13-6-17.png

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wrong bolt pattern. You need 5x115, 5x114.3.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
447 Posts
Wrong bolt pattern. You need 5x115, 5x114.3.
Says who , they’re on my car as we speak, and have been through many passes at the track along with about 15k on them so far. I’ve been through this when people told be I couldn’t do it. I’m not going to get into it again. I assure it works just fine. To think that .35mm deflection would make a difference is just silly. This isn’t rings and bearings.
opening up to the 5x114.3 bolt pattern opens up the door to a MUCH bigger selection of wheels.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok, good luck then. They may wobble slightly if you look at them from behind when going down the road. Then again you may have them on there fairly flush with no wobble

I borrowed a buddy’s Mustang wheels (5x114.3) and they looked good to me. After 1 pass down the strip the Track Marshall came and found me saying they wobbled and I couldn’t use them again. The correct size for our cars is 5x115, period. Don’t go telling people otherwise.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
447 Posts
Ok, good luck then. They may wobble slightly if you look at them from behind when going down the road. Then again you may have them on there fairly flush with no wobble

I borrowed a buddy’s Mustang wheels (5x114.3) and they looked good to me. After 1 pass down the strip the Track Marshall came and found me saying they wobbled and I couldn’t use them again. The correct size for our cars is 5x115, period. Don’t go telling people otherwise.
I will continue to say they fit. They don’t wobble , I’ve run many passes on them and have them on as daily at times. Did it occur to you that maybe your wheels were bad, bent? These wheels run solid and vibration free upwards of 150 mph.
I’m fully aware our cars use 5x115 , I’m also aware of the extremely negligible difference in 35 hundredths of a millimeter. I’m also fully aware of tolerances. You do you , I’ll do me. Anyone else can do them. They DO fit , run true, and don’t need any manipulation to do so.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The wheels I borrowed were dead straight when on a Mustang. Sounds like you got a pair that just fits. Other wheels with 5x114.3 may not fit. The ones I borrowed did not. I would just caution you to when letting other people know that you have a situation that works for you, even though it’s not the correct size. I wouldn’t tell people that it fits universally across the board.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
447 Posts
The wheels I borrowed were dead straight when on a Mustang. Sounds like you got a pair that just fits. Other wheels with 5x114.3 may not fit. The ones I borrowed did not. I would just caution you to when letting other people know that you have a situation that works for you, even though it’s not the correct size. I wouldn’t tell people that it fits universally across the board.
I can 100% agree with you on that. What I do , I do not recommend. Only share my experience. So to those who do read this, in my situation, 5x114.3 works. In others with other wheels , it may or may not work.
I will also say , through the research I’ve done and threads have been on , you are the first to report a problem(MANY have argued, none with evidence)with swapping this size. So for that fact alone , buyer beware to anyone willing to try. It’s always possible I got lucky.
Also want to note that the particular topic on this thread is not about bolt pattern, and only about fitting 18” wheels over the 4 pot brembos , which also in my case , works very well. So an 18” wheel of these dimension and 5x115 will work well with our cars.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
53 Posts
I threw my old Charger SRT8 replica rims with Michelin Latitude X-Ice 275/40 R20. I did not downsize because I don't drive in deep snow too often. I wait until streets are plowed. I work from home so I have that luxury. My Michenlin snow tires grip better than the stock Pirelli's in Chicago cold (mid 30's). I was not comfortable with Pirelli's in cold they aren't all that good when its warm. All the other Hellcat owners were raving over Blizzak's but they are only speed rated to 118 mph. The Michelin's are rated to 138 mph which is fast enough for me to pass on the highway. Beyoncé has her snow boots on and ready to play!

Any thoughts/experience?

Attachments

·
Registered
In The Market
503 Posts
At least Plasti-Dip them things black!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts