SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,540 Posts
Welcome! They are a BLAST! And way more comfortable on a long road trip than a 'vette.

Lots of good info here - feel free to throw out questions as needed!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Get the Challenger. Undisputed king of all the regular-production muscle cars in history, and to this date.

Sexiest styling of any American car ever in this performance bracket.

Carry four unwitting victims with you.

Decent fuel mileage for a BLOWN HEMI.

Literally not one thing that needs to be improved. (I am completely biased, as you may have guessed.)

Don't be a repeat of the guys in the '80's who said, "I sure wish I bought/kept that 1970 Hemi Cuda/Roadrunner/Charger."

Every color even has macho name.

Comfortable and RELATIVELY quiet inside.

Bangin' stereo which you can upgrade if desired to even more extreme levels.

A wide variety of aftermarket intakes so you can functionally dial-a-scream-level.

Literally nobody races you, except maybe cars costing 2 to 10 times as much.

ACOUSTICS.

Great manual trans for great control over the acoustics, or great automatic trans, that gets even BETTER fuel mileage.

Warranty.

Fun.

Style.

Cool. Not assumed to be a rolling mid-life-crisis display as is The Red Corvette or The Custom Harley Chopper.

When you crawl along at the speed limit, people still know they can pass you because you LET them.

Respect.

Awe.

OMG is that a Hellcat?

Envying literally ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ON THE ROAD.

Being envied by almost everyone on the road.

Guys in Beemers and Mercedeseses wishing they had gotten YOUR car instead.

Side-eye from women.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I couldn’t have said it better!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The hellcat challenger is by far gonna be the greatest, most fun, and worth it purchase of you’re life. Just like @Himmelkat said, everyone in their Benzes and BMW’s will look at you with envy, while everyone else is to busy drooling over the sight of you’re car. I use to have an AMG S63 before I switched to daily driving my Cat...no regrets.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,835 Posts
Hello from MD sold my Corvette last year starting to look at Hellcats probably Challenger.
Fixed that for ya lol.
Welcome from CT. Good choice for sure, you won’t regret it.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Hello from MD sold my Corvette last year starting to look at Hell cat's probably Challenger.
Welcome to the forum and good luck in your search for the perfect Challenger Hellcat! You won't be disappointed...
Keep us posted on your mission!
😎

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
ALSO, the money you save by not getting a less-testosterone-laced but more expensive car, you can wisely invest in top-quality stereo components so that even at legal speeds, the car is exciting and fun to be in.

If you are REALLY into top-notch performance, there are quite a few areas on the car that you can fuss over to go from "excellent" to "close to perfect." You can replace the engine block with one made of aluminum, for example, throw in some strut braces front and rear, stainless steel brake lines, subframe connectors, D4RS diff brace, beefier driveshaft and axles, wider tires and wheels (20X10 front with 20mm offfset, with 285-35-20 tire and 20X11 rear with 21mm offset with a 315 30-20 Nitto or 305-30-20 other brand tire) If you like more supercharger scream, you can use a louder air intake. All without touching the factory electronics, etc.
Long-tube headers with higher-flow catalytic converters sound a bit better and flow a bit better, making similar power with less backpressure (which looks like less boost on the boost gauge) which means better fuel mileage.

If you don't mind extra weight, and like a vault-like silence in the interior, add Dynamat or such and de-reverberate every single surface of the roof, floor, doors, trunk, and trunk lid.

If you like a girl to stand up in her seat and dance through the sunroof at stop lights, then by all means, get the sunroof.

No interior is bad, whether you choose the leather or anything else.

The trunk is so huge you can build a subwoofer box that not only hides a rear tower brace, but fires through a hole you could cut in the rear deck (under rear window) or just remove the rear deck cover and make the whole area a mouth for a subwoofer.

This car bows down to NO car. It's big, it's fast, it's supremely competent, and it has ATTITUDE. Mustangs/Shelbys are invisible to all but those who know what to look for. If you want to keep it long-term, as in, for life, you can systematically turn it into something akin to a luxurious Trans Am racer. Dodge has already done the vast majority of the engineering for you. There is no NEED To upgrade ANYTHING. However, if, like me, you love engineering on principle, you can do things that satisfy that craving for engineering details (All Amsoil lubricants, for a start) and build, knowing you have a very solid foundation from which to start.

It takes FANTASTIC PICTURES.

No amount of makeup can turn a toad into a supermodel. It's why they get paid so much. It's more expensive to Photoshop a thousand pictures than it is to just pay someone who doesn't Need Photoshop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts