SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to a post on the Edinberg Facebook page the Black Hellcat broke the driveshaft on the first pass. Not good!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better to twist a drive shaft, than to shear gears, snap shafts, would you prefer shear pins instead ?
Nope just makes me think twice about putting on drag radials and going to the track. We had CTS-V's running 9's and never breaking driveshafts, transmissions, etc...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the second driveshaft they have twisted,, buddy you going to the auto show
Not sure, I was going to go to the supplier days but I couldn't because I've been in Florida. Public show is so busy.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
100 Posts
Was at the auto show this week. Challenger and Charger Hellcats generate lots of enthusiasm based on what I aaw. Many people always crowding around. I had to laugh when looking at the power plant display. People would read the horsepower and repeat it out loud to their friends and everyone would gasp with envy and fear.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
All in All a driveshaft is easy to change or beef-up for our cars. If that is the weak link were doing good in my opinion

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
All in All a driveshaft is easy to change or beef-up for our cars. If that is the weak link were doing good in my opinion
I agree. Plus, this is likely the first instances of it. Once a few more are replaced under warranty, I bet they will find a way to make them a bit stronger, so they aren't continuously forking out replacements as more and more folks get their drag radials in stock?!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Yeah they can fix this for a few dollars going forward

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
If you are serious about taking the Hellcat to the track and using drag radials or slicks you will need to up grade the drive shaft or take the car on a trailer, I'm going to call Frank at "DSS" the driveshaft shop for a new unit, I was trying to find out if the HC shaft was a new unit or the same as the SRT 392 auto.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,242 Posts
If you are serious about taking the Hellcat to the track and using drag radials or slicks you will need to up grade the drive shaft or take the car on a trailer, I'm going to call Frank at "DSS" the driveshaft shop for a new unit, I was trying to find out if the HC shaft was a new unit or the same as the SRT 392 auto.
52123980AF Shaft, Drive looks like the only one on the Mopar site. Still need to do more research on it as well as look into a Drive Shaft Safety Loop

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
Frank at " The Driveshaft Shop" is building one right now for a customer and will have it done in about two weeks, he said they are different and needed to have parts designed and made for this new shaft, first one will be 4" al one piece and a CF will be next...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
375 Posts
1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.