SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone checked/tested any of the available ds loops, such as the one from Speedlogix?? I have one that was to be installed on my '12 SRT8 Challenger and never got around to it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,744 Posts
I would like to know where the driveshafts are twisting in two. Will be important in locating the safety loop as well as the design of such.

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Looks like a 2-pc driveshaft from the factory. Dump that POS and get a thick wall aluminum shaft or a carbon fiber driveshaft. Eliminate the first weak spot.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
Looks like a 2-pc driveshaft from the factory. Dump that POS and get a thick wall aluminum shaft or a carbon fiber driveshaft. Eliminate the first weak spot.
I likie this idea. Who makes one?

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Driveshaft specialties can build you one if you take the measurements. I think they have a page on their website that tell you the points that they need measured. You'll need a decent set of calipers to measure the u-joint holes and other diameters, although I'm sure you could probably go larger in diameter for the tube...but I haven't been under a HC yet, so I'm just guessing. Most major cities have drivetrain places that can build them, they aren't too expensive. Sometimes you get lucky and it happens to be the same length as some other vehicle made in the past and there are heavy duty versions you can buy used, like something made for a truck.

Also, if the factory driveshaft is 2-pc, there may be a good reason for that (some angle that had to be solved), so that has to be taken into account as well.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
I looked at DSS on Thursday and read how to measure. First point is wheels on the ground so you will need a pit or a drive on lift such as an alignment rack. I don't know who could crawl under the car in your driveway unless it was a tot. I didn't call them yet because there's not enough Chargers out there yet to see if they already knew the dimensions but I can Monday.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,029 Posts
Cheap chi-com pot metal :mad: and isn't there already a "driveshaft loop" on the factory one?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,744 Posts
Cheap chi-com pot metal :mad: and isn't there already a "driveshaft loop" on the factory one?
Not a loop, the carrier bearing halfway supports the two piece. With Johnny Hellcats, DS, looks like the heat shields and exhaust system held the shaft from dropping to the pavement. (see "Hellcat on a Tow Truck")

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,528 Posts
Dr buick vendor for your driveshaft needs aluminum or carbon fiber and think he gives some money off list for forum
Members and he has all the mesurements no need to do anything but send money PayPal and car info rest will be handled

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.