SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Will you drive your Hellcat in the winter?

• Yes! Daily driver - 365 days/year, no matter what!

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Sometimes - only when the roads are clear!

Votes: 44 33.3%
  • Never! My Hellbear will be hibernating until spring.

Votes: 41 31.1%

Driving a Hellcat in the winter?

48K views 72 replies 47 participants last post by  geniusintraining 
#1 ·
Quick poll with follow-up discussion; will you guys be driving your Hellcats all year 'round?

I'm really only concerned with people who live in States (or Provinces) where winters are cold and/or snowy; If you live somewhere warm it doesn't count!

I live in Canada but our winters aren't too bad, we get bad snowfall maybe 3-4 times a year with a few sporadic dustings in between.

I really can't justify having a 'winter beater' sitting around all year to use a handful of times and nickel and dime me with constant repairs (plus, I'll probably hate my life knowing the Hellcat is sitting at home while I drive some cheap piece of crap)

For reference, I drive my 392 all year round with winter tires and don't have any issues - do you think I can get away with getting some good snow tires and using the black key during the winter months?

Discuss.

#7 ·
Wonder if there is any semi-reasonable way to buy the new SRT 392 rims to use in the winter? I like that they're the same style as the Hellcat but have that black vapor chrome type finish.

I would imagine a dealership would want to bend you over for those, though.

#8 ·
I drive mine in all conditions. Only one day of decent snow and ice this winter but the car did fine. I'd recommend ECO mode as it really helps to keep things in check, if you have the A8 transmission. I have the stock all seasons, for the record.

Attachments

#9 ·
Nope. I am lucky, my job provides a nice daily driver. We expect it sometime in mid Feb. Just in time to shine on it and confirm some measurements to have some wheels made before we can go for some serious rides. Maybe get in some quick trips around to help break-in on the scattered nice days.

#13 ·
You guys in the Great Lakes region are ballsy, expose your 'cat to those elements.

Wonder who's car will be the first in the shop getting rust patched up? Yikes. The crap they put on the roads out there just KILLS cars, my turbo setup came from Iowa and has seen better days pre-midwest winters.

#16 ·
No hibernation, its 75 degrees today in SoCal

Reactions: hellcat1
#46 ·
I live in SoCal too. Driving it in mild rain and days after heavy rain should be fine right? I’m thinking leave it in my drive way with a nice car cover and drive it when it’s clear out. If any minor rain hits it while at work I’ll wash it and cover it again until the next clear day?

#22 ·
Stock rims Michelin Lattitude snow tires

#24 ·
If the front end is covered in snow or ice, it's pretty damn cold out. Look at my second attached picture on my earlier post in this thread. Had some snow and ice on the front end and the intercooler temperature was plenty low. No worries. They did a lot of work to make the car drivable in the winter, too.

#27 ·
$10.00 per wheel at my tire place

Reactions: Ironside
#29 ·
Wow, that's amazing. Cheapest around here is $20/wheel,tire but not for this size. Going to a place that won't scratch the rims and will take care of you would likely cost $35+ per wheel

Reactions: Ironside
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.