SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I work on the Kat Saturday. Install was pretty straight forward. Used a buddies lift to make things easier. Everything took about 6 hours between beer breaks, lunch and trans jack issues. Was really surprised how easy it was. Hardest part was removing the factory driveshaft bolts. They use a lot of green lock tite. I have about 50 miles on it so far. Gears whine ever so slightly but only really only noticeable on deceleration. I was expecting worse from what I've read. Cradle lockout is a little stiffer but not much. I was nervous about that. No issues with vibration so far on the driveshaft up to 85mph. I'll keep you guys updated. My DIRS brace will be here Wed. I plan on installing sat when I change the diff fluid out. Taking it to the track Sunday. We have a group of 25 for a private track day. I'll be the only American muscle there 馃挭. A few photos of the install. If anyone has questions let me know. I can answer from my experience.

Attachments

Registered
Diff brace is pretty easy. I did run a tap through the holes in the frame. Always a good idea to do that. I think some years have the holes tapped and some don't, but the kit comes with those special nuts, so you are good to go either way.

Banned
Hey all, I work on the Kat Saturday. Install was pretty straight forward. Used a buddies lift to make things easier. Everything took about 6 hours between beer breaks, lunch and trans jack issues. Was really surprised how easy it was. Hardest part was removing the factory driveshaft bolts. They use a lot of green lock tite. I have about 50 miles on it so far. Gears whine ever so slightly but only really only noticeable on deceleration. I was expecting worse from what I've read. Cradle lockout is a little stiffer but not much. I was nervous about that. No issues with vibration so far on the driveshaft up to 85mph. I'll keep you guys updated. My DIRS brace will be here Wed. I plan on installing sat when I change the diff fluid out. Taking it to the track Sunday. We have a group of 25 for a private track day. I'll be the only American muscle there 馃挭. A few photos of the install. If anyone has questions let me know. I can answer from my experience.
Help me out, which pic shows the cradle lockout bushing, and how does it help?

Registered
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.