SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
Charger SRT Hellcat
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give you guys a bit of live inventory information for some DSS stuff we have on the shelf! Place your order before 3pm EST and we'll ship same day!

Here's what we have on the shelf currently.

Qty 2 - Chally Alum Driveshaft (Auto)
Qty 3 - Chally Alum Driveshaft (Man)

Qty 7 - Chally Carbon Driveshaft (Auto)
Qty 6 - Chally Carbon Driveshaft (Man)

Qty 4 - Charger Alum Driveshaft
Qty 4 - Charger Carbon Driveshaft

On the way...

Qty 22 (11 pairs) - 1400HP Full Chromoly Level 5 Direct Bolt-In Axles (ETA 6/6/16)

For pricing and order processing, just shoot us a PM here or call anytime M-F 9-6EST

Skip

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I wanna say they are about 11lbs lighter then stock? Its posted in one of the several driveshaft threads. But, an 11lb or so savings on a car that weight 4400lbs doesn't do much in the end haha. The whole benefit and performace increase from going to a one piece comes from just getting rid of that guibo joint.

Reactions: DemonSkip

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,535 Posts
I was under my car today looking around and I noticed that the driver side stock CV axle has a bigger diameter shaft than the passenger side. Can anyone here offer an explanation as to why SRT did this? Are they saying that the driver side axle transmits more torque than the passenger side?

For reference this is in a M6 Challenger. Are the A8 Challengers and Chargers this way too? If not then that seems like it could be a nice OEM part upgrade if the parts are interchangeable.

Skip could you get a set of calipers out and measure the center section of the DSS M6 Challenger axles? I am wondering if there is an increased diameter or not.... I will measure mine too and report back.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,361 Posts
I was under my car today looking around and I noticed that the driver side stock CV axle has a bigger diameter shaft than the passenger side. Can anyone here offer an explanation as to why SRT did this? Are they saying that the driver side axle transmits more torque than the passenger side?

For reference this is in a M6 Challenger. Are the A8 Challengers and Chargers this way too? If not then that seems like it could be a nice OEM part upgrade if the parts are interchangeable.

Skip could you get a set of calipers out and measure the center section of the M6 Challenger axles? I am wondering if there is an increased diameter or not.... I will measure mine too and report back.
It's for vibrational torsion harmonic reduction resulting in less axle hop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.