SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a question regarding these “drop in” dual pumps. Is this literally all you need and it just plugs into the stock wiring? I’ve found two online which appears to be the same. I watched speedy’s Recent video and he had all kinds of harnesses and fuel lines. Is that just the next step up? The links below are two that I was looking at.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,859 Posts
You can also check out HHP
They were 1st in using a dual fuel pump drop in system It was in my Husband's "Top Cat" Challenger and others copied and went forward. That is how it goes.
But make sure you are comparing the same type of product to each other.
You may start with a simple build but may want to go forward with more so you want to make sure the parts are in place.

Call sales @18888941115

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what I’m trying to figure out the difference between all of these. Theirs cost more and doesn’t seem to be a drop in that just plugs in.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,435 Posts
Look into Rick Tapp from Tapped Performance. Best drop in's around right now. Only wiring you need to do is the fuel sender, which is cake. Awesome kit.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
879 Posts
Look into Rick Tapp from Tapped Performance. Best drop in's around right now. Only wiring you need to do is the fuel sender, which is cake. Awesome kit.
What kind of installation time should I expect? On the fence on whether I want to do myself or pay someone lol. Fuel pump in my BMW was super easy, took probably 30 minutes but all I did was switch out for another OEM unit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I looked it up it’s the exact same as the two I posted but it’s double the price. That’s what I can’t figure out the difference between them all

·
Registered
27 Posts
As someone who made the mistake of short changing my fuel system from the start, I recommend doing a dual pump, return style fuel system. That is if you will continue to build the car and wish to be able to run e85. I am currently maxed out with twin 485s and a bap around 900 wheel on e85. Just something to look into as this is definitely something that is better done once, depending on overall goal of the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
879 Posts
As someone who made the mistake of short changing my fuel system from the start, I recommend doing a dual pump, return style fuel system. That is if you will continue to build the car and wish to be able to run e85. I am currently maxed out with twin 485s and a bap around 900 wheel on e85. Just something to look into as this is definitely something that is better done once, depending on overall goal of the car.
Man, I thought your set up was supposed to be good for 1000+whp? Single or dual bap?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
879 Posts
So I looked it up it’s the exact same as the two I posted but it’s double the price. That’s what I can’t figure out the difference between them all
The one from livernois is twin 400(+)lph while the tapped system is 525lph I believe

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that’s where I want to be. 850-900. Was your dual pump just a drop in. You just plug it up and that’s it?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Agree here, Tapped is a great product, true plug and play with great instructions. Took about 2.5 hours, from start to finish ... 1/4 tank or less makes the install much easier.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agree here, Tapped is a great product, true plug and play with great instructions. Took about 2.5 hours, from start to finish ... 1/4 tank or less makes the install much easier.
If it’s a true plug and play it should take about 15 minutes. Do you have any pictures of the install or what all came in the kit?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
487 Posts
If it’s a true plug and play it should take about 15 minutes. Do you have any pictures of the install or what all came in the kit?
If you watched Speedy's video it should be apparent that it's not a 15 minute job. As Carbon16 said, 2.5 hours. No dual pump is direct plug and play, they all require extra wiring harness, extra pump controller and other tasks to do the install.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you watched Speedy's video it should be apparent that it's not a 15 minute job. As Carbon16 said, 2.5 hours. No dual pump is direct plug and play, they all require extra wiring harness, extra pump controller and other tasks to do the install.
Ok that’s what i was trying to figure out. Everyone has a picture of a dual pump with just a pump like you drop that in and plug it up. Speedy had all kinds of wires and shit. While it’s great you aren’t having to cut wires it’s hardly plug and play if it’s taking 2-3 hours to install

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Ok that’s what i was trying to figure out. Everyone has a picture of a dual pump with just a pump like you drop that in and plug it up. Speedy had all kinds of wires and shit. While it’s great you aren’t having to cut wires it’s hardly plug and play if it’s taking 2-3 hours to install
CodyK, the install only has two wires that need to be cut, fuel level sending unit. Remove back lower seat, remove trunk panel lower, remove speaker or foam insert, pull back passenger side carpet wall, mount FCM, ground block, run pre loomed wires to pump area, pull pump, perform sending unit transfer, drop pumps in, connect new connectors (pre wired and labeled nicely), seal plastic cover, run pre loomed wires to your desire, finish connecting, test fire engine, disconnect one pump and start, repeat for the other, put all carpets in ... pat yourself on the back you just completed the install!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts