SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine just pointed out that the 2020 hoods now have screens in the two snorkels which are not in the 2019.

I now have a 2020 and can clearly see the screens set in about an inch or so which I never noticed in my 2019 -------- to be honest I never looked !!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to see a picture of a 2019 to confirm any differences, if any?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
I have a 2019 Redeye that also does not have the dual snorkel hood screen in it like the rest. I believe that is just a 2020 thing.

For maximum airflow I will be leaving mine wide open with no grill whatsoever. That grill in the 2020`s snorkel will no doubt be a restriction and cavitate the air and impede the full airflow needed for optimum horsepower ......

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,219 Posts
i might order a set. i think i like the finished look with all grills matching. but i'd probably never notice.

Reactions: CC85

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
230 Posts
Ya know, I had to go look at my photos to see if I had them on mine. I never noticed myself. They're inset far enough to where you can't see them unless you're at eyeball level. I'm 6'5" so it doesn't happen too often.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
510 Posts
I kind of want to block off the PS one on my '19 because it doesn't do jack.

The other side is a thing of beauty.

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
510 Posts
I think it does. I can touch my hands together if I put them in each scoop. The PS does intake air.
So it's not a dime size hole between them? Maybe you just have really small hands? ;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts