SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before:

After:

In the second pic you can count the LEDs in the reflection of the light.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
652 Posts
How much was it?

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm close personal friends with the owner so I pay for materials and beer. It would be $4k+ normally. if anyone in the mid Atlantic area is interested, let me know and I'll arrange for a discount.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
496 Posts
crazy how much they charge for what’s basically thicker CLEAR window tint. ! Lol...you can paint a car for freaking $4k all day long if there’s no body damage..just blows my mind ppl are willing pay this much for it..although I can’t say much I paid $650 to do the front on my ZL1, but looking back I could of bought slicks instead and just painted it for that much if the bumper got chips..

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try to apply it yourself, then get back to us. PPF is exponentially more difficult to install than window tint. Keep in mind the price also includes paint correction prior to install. And enjoy your resale/trade in value on a car that has been repainted.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
496 Posts
A repainted car doesn’t loose any value if it’s done correctly and it should be almost impossible to tell it’s been repainted to the untrained eyed. heck I had my whole GNX repainted after the first month I purchased it as GM paint sucked in the 1980’s..& it never hurt the value it increased it..
Ive repainted plenty of cars just cause the factory sucked and if it’s done correctly it doesn’t hurt anything...the only thing that ever hurts a cars resale value is having a crash or a rebuilt title on its report card...
Anyway like I said it seems over priced in my book period maybe that’s because I spent 30 yrs in the automotive world as well as owning my own auto shop,machine shop,& body shop so I know how easy it can be to install that stuff where as the average auto enthusiast or car owner may not, you can even get it in prefabbed sheets or print it yourself. It’s like I once thought in my early teens engine building was super hard and welding was magical.lol .anyway just my own 2cents

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
496 Posts
Granted the Durango isn’t a performance vehicle at its core ,and the front of the SRT looks good ,yet they could of done a better job with the ASS END of it if your going to stick 700hp in it so you look good while showing your A$$ to some one as you blow the doors off if some guys HOT ROD, instead of looking like a pissed off mini van..

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a local shop that quoted me around $2600 for Xpel doing the front clip, A-pillar's, mirror's and behind the wheel wells and Ceramic Pro the whole car afterwards from $995 to $2100 depending on how many years of protection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see lots of arguments when people hear how much they pay for ppf. It's the preference of the owners. If you are willing to pay, to each his own.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So on my way to lunch today, while merging onto a private runway, some Mustang has his nose up my rear. As soon as I was able I merged to the left side of the runway and he stayed right behind me. For a second or two. Then he started to disappear. He tried to keep up, but no joy. As I pulled off the runway he rolled by, 5.0 badge and all, not looking over my way. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
496 Posts
I have a local shop that quoted me around $2600 for Xpel doing the front clip, A-pillar's, mirror's and behind the wheel wells and Ceramic Pro the whole car afterwards from $995 to $2100 depending on how many years of protection.
Depending on how many yrs of protection ? What lol…if you apply be it a wax or a high tech coating it’s only going to last as long as it’s either designed or as long as your able to help lengthen it’s protection by following a certain care regimen..or are they implying they charge more by offering a longer period of warranty on it ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts