SRT Hellcat Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
I'll take a pic later today. I need to crawl under there and follow it to see where it goes.

So, after a long wait, I finally pick up my new Durango Hellcat. After having it in my possession for 30 minutes a warning light pops up stating the oil is overheating. I immediately take it back to the dealer. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this problem?

So, after 30 minutes of owning it, it is now in the repair shop without any estimate of how long before it will be fixed, or what the problem is. Talk about a big disappointment. The Durango Hellcat has already been in the repair shop longer than my Toyota 4runner ever was over the entire 16 years I have owned it. I am feeling like a made a mistake with this purchase.
Yes. My Durango Hellcat began leaking oil after 2 weeks of ownership. Just got it back today and it’s still leaking oil.

Yes. My Durango Hellcat began leaking oil after 2 weeks of ownership. Just got it back today and it’s still leaking oil.
Where is it leaking oil from? I just got my HC Durango on Tuesday. I looked down between the engine and radiator and saw some residual oil on the plastic drain pan below filter. The filter as i felt by hand, had a very small coating of oil on it, very little. Filter was tight. I wiped everything and will monitor it. Maybe was from the build process. Checked oil and it was good. I’ll report back.

Our Durango has now been at the dealer almost 4 months of the 8 months we have owned it. Month 1 was them trying to diagnose and wait for parts, month 2 was actually getting most of the problems fixed. Then we took it back to get the hatch realigned where it was hitting on the edge and it sat for 3 weeks and they did nothing. Now its been at the dealership for a month because they had to fix something they screwed up but managed to screw it up again so more waiting. Luckily we have had a loaner all the different times its been out.

Our Durango has now been at the dealer almost 4 months of the 8 months we have owned it. Month 1 was them trying to diagnose and wait for parts, month 2 was actually getting most of the problems fixed. Then we took it back to get the hatch realigned where it was hitting on the edge and it sat for 3 weeks and they did nothing. Now its been at the dealership for a month because they had to fix something they screwed up but managed to screw it up again so more waiting. Luckily we have had a loaner all the different times its been out.
Sounds about right and I'm sorry you're dealing with it! I've been trying to trade mine in for something else now I just haven't found exactly what I want. All the problems I've experienced have really killed my view of the vehicle.

Hmm, I never had a Durango. What colors are yours, guys?

I could definitely live with white.

Sorry, but I couldn't handle having a black vehicle.
I'm sure it'd be okay when the sun is shining and it's between -10 and -20, but it doesn't get that cold here very often.

How much is a complete wrap again?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.