SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Durango SRT & new Durango Hellcat only have TWO Interior Choices..... Standard is the Black Suede and optional is the Red Laguna Leather. Which of those only 2 choice do you Prefer & Why? Most importantly, how is the wear & tear? How does each look after 30,000 miles or so?
I prefer Black Interiors Vs. Red. I absolutely love the Black Laguna in my Trackhawk & Charger Hellcat. Wear & Tear is ok. Showing some signs of wear. Ive seen Suede Interiors that still look new with over 60,000 miles.
Would appreciated any and all feedback. Good, Bad, Ugly..... Thank You

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 18 SRT with black perforated...I have an octane and demonic was not offered as a choice back then....first question what color Durango?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,667 Posts
I was just at a car cruise yesterday and there was a durango 392 there with the Red Laguna leather interior. 2 baby seats in the back. I dont know how many miles were on it but the truck looked fairly well taken care of. Drivers seat wasnt aging that well and looked like it had 10-20x the wear of any of the challengers I owned with alcantera seats. Maybe they didnt keep up on the leather treatment? The red was a gorgeous contrast to the granite crystal paint, but right then and there I decided to never get laguna seats if I had the option.
Guessing it was out of 3/36 warranty because if that were my truck Id be standing on FCAs head to get it replaced.

Maybe Im mistaken but when I looked in 2019ish it seemed the demonic red interior was a bit more robust than the black laguna. Maybe not?

I really wish the ruby full alcantera was still offered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just at a car cruise yesterday and there was a durango 392 there with the Red Laguna leather interior. 2 baby seats in the back. I dont know how many miles were on it but the truck looked fairly well taken care of. Drivers seat wasnt aging that well and looked like it had 10-20x the wear of any of the challengers I owned with alcantera seats. Maybe they didnt keep up on the leather treatment? The red was a gorgeous contrast to the granite crystal paint, but right then and there I decided to never get laguna seats if I had the option.
Guessing it was out of 3/36 warranty because if that were my truck Id be standing on FCAs head to get it replaced.

Maybe Im mistaken but when I looked in 2019ish it seemed the demonic red interior was a bit more robust than the black laguna. Maybe not?

I really wish the ruby full alcantera was still offered.
This was my biggest concern..... “Drivers seat wasnt aging that well and looked like it had 10-20x the wear of any of the challengers I owned with alcantera seats.” Seams that the Wear & Tear is more noticeable on Red vs Black Laguna. Do you agree?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,667 Posts
This was my biggest concern..... “Drivers seat wasnt aging that well and looked like it had 10-20x the wear of any of the challengers I owned with alcantera seats.” Seams that the Wear & Tear is more noticeable on Red vs Black Laguna. Do you agree?
I dont know how it compares to black laguna, I was comparing to the alcantera seats. My challengers with 30k, my DD T/A 392 with 52k miles on them all had alcantera seating and looked nearly new when I sold them. That truck I saw did Not have the color of the seats coming off or anything. I just think the laguna is a softer leather that wears and wrinkles faster.

My 09 Civic Si with alcantera seats and 150k looks GOOD for its age. the bolsters are not worn or falling apart. There is some crush and sag but overall it looks way better than I ever would have expected. When I saw the car 20k ago I thought it maybe had 50k on it. Granted different alcantera combo than dodge but the point is the stuff seems to hold up better.

Early on a lot of guys with laguna seats were trying to get the drivers seat cover redone under warranty because it was wrinkling and looked bad after 10-20k miles . Not sure if that was ever addressed in later models but those complaints seem to have gone away somewhat so maybe they did ? I have a friend with a 19 Redeye and laguna seats. He's a bigger guy than me and he hasnt said a word about not being happy with his seats.

I think this site or the other had a question on this topic and a lot of people were happy with the laguna so Perhaps that Durango I saw was an early model.

Oh here

I have a friend with a 20 Durango and the red seats. He has maybe 10k on it and the seats look fine, but he is meticulous about his truck.

Maybe its a care issue. Like anything else you keep it clean and treated and its fine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
..Aesthetically the demonic with the black is a fabulous combo. The standard black seats have a leather cushion fringe which takes the brunt of the ingress/egress friction. After 25k miles my seats look fine.It is the nature of the SUV, Climbing up and in rather than dropping in..

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,532 Posts
Had my last leather Hellcat for four years. When I traded it in the leather looked new, no treatment ever. I think if you jump in and out, slide across it, and generally dont care then get the suede. If you use common sense and a little care upon entry and exit then you cant beat the leather. Nothing crazy, just not abusing it getting in and out.

Reactions: why2kmax

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
81 Posts
I have a Demon with Black exterior and the red leather. The best of both worlds is the red with a black Dodge seat protector. The red is a good offset while I respect the black on black theory.
20180710_155304.jpg

See the attached picture...

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Durango SRT & new Durango Hellcat only have TWO Interior Choices..... Standard is the Black Suede and optional is the Red Laguna Leather. Which of those only 2 choice do you Prefer & Why? Most importantly, how is the wear & tear? How does each look after 30,000 miles or so?
I prefer Black Interiors Vs. Red. I absolutely love the Black Laguna in my Trackhawk & Charger Hellcat. Wear & Tear is ok. Showing some signs of wear. Ive seen Suede Interiors that still look new with over 60,000 miles.
Would appreciated any and all feedback. Good, Bad, Ugly..... Thank You
I had a 2017 Bruiser Grey with demonic red seat and with 2 kids, snow, sand, dirt it was always easy to clean if you stay on top of it. 3 years and 48,000 Miles interior still looked new when I returned to dealership. Only hard thing to clean out was Sunscreen so watch the beach trips 😂.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts