SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
744hp @5800 rpm, 739tq @ 4450 on dynocom dyno. Unfortunately I never had a baseline. Good/Bad/Average? Thanks.

Attachments

·
HOTM Winner
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,465 Posts
I think that's good & about average , mine made 732 hp on 93 octane , on Mustang Dyno which will show a little lower than a Dynojet Dyno.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,055 Posts
Need more variables revealed. Ambient temps, are those corrected or uncorrected #s, car yr, cai, other mods... my signature has my results with a 2.85 and supporting mods on 93. Ambient temps were high that day too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
735 Posts
It’s just insane to me how much power these cars make with just a pulley tune and injectors. I’ve been avoiding doing this because don’t want to void the warranty or have to replace the blower etc down the road but man this has me thinking about just pulling the trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
It’s just insane to me how much power these cars make with just a pulley tune and injectors. I’ve been avoiding doing this because don’t want to void the warranty or have to replace the blower etc down the road but man this has me thinking about just pulling the trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do it, really makes’um even more fun. My mods almost exactly the same as TheRedKey’s but doing intake plate port gained another about 50hp. Here’s the before and after dyno pulls, the 2 855 HP pulls pencil’d right over the top of one another, Cars VERY consistent and predictable.
4CE5D2BA-0B99-42EF-A8C3-6A32C5B903B4.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
735 Posts
That’s just insane. I can’t imagine what that must be like to drive. I’m in Barths website twice a day trust me. He’s about 2 hours away. I had a 2011 IE 392 that I had supercharged , Edelbrock, and regretted it. Car never ran right after so I’m a little gun shy on modding too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
If good e85 is in your neck of the woods give Mike at OST or Curt Dusterhoff a call and go that route or better yet one of their flex tunes. If I was to be able to do this again with what’s known now I’d go that route right out if the gate but with a 2.72 Litens pulley. If your worried about your blower go with a genuine Litens clutched pulley not a solid one and you’ll be good for a long while.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
744hp @5800 rpm, 739tq @ 4450 on dynocom dyno. Unfortunately I never had a baseline. Good/Bad/Average? Thanks.
  • At 5800 rpm your about spot on to my dyno graphs before plate porting. Run it right up to the rev limiter on the dyno in 4th for a consistent cutoff point for comparisons with each mod or change. My cats had at least 50-60 dyno pulls since I’ve had it you won’t hurt a thing taking it up to rev limit in fourth on the dyno, just soon as it cuts out immediately let off the gas and coast out a second or 2 then clutch it and hit the dyno brake.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
735 Posts
If good e85 is in your neck of the woods give Mike at OST or Curt Dusterhoff a call and go that route or better yet one of their flex tunes. If I was to be able to do this again with what’s known now I’d go that route right out if the gate but with a 2.72 Litens pulley. If your worried about your blower go with a genuine Litens clutched pulley not a solid one and you’ll be good for a long while.
The issue you for me is I have no one to do the work where I’m at and I’m not that skilled! That’s why I would probably do Barth as they are close. And the clutched pulley would be a must.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,124 Posts
Did you have a remote tune.....looks good?

Linda :)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The issue you for me is I have no one to do the work where I’m at and I’m not that skilled! That’s why I would probably do Barth as they are close. And the clutched pulley would be a must.

That’s not a bad route either if you can’t do it yourself and remote tune.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
In looking more closely at your dyno graph your HP should not have dropped off as early as it did. Somethings up in the top end, I’d ask your tuner about that area.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Need more variables revealed. Ambient temps, are those corrected or uncorrected #s, car yr, cai, other mods... my signature has my results with a 2.85 and supporting mods on 93. Ambient temps were high that day too.
Mods and car info in signature. Temp was 76. uncorrected.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In looking more closely at your dyno graph your HP should not have dropped off as early as it did. Somethings up in the top end, I’d ask your tuner about that area.
Thanks. Message sent awaiting his input.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Good luck, Interested to know Tuners response. Your TQ figures look GREAT, HP just seems to fall off way too early.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good luck, Interested to know Tuners response. Your TQ figures look GREAT, HP just seems to fall off way too early.
Yeah.. i had always heard that they produce power way up high and was thinking the same. Looked liked I was getting about 16psi out of upper only. I was on 14.5 degrees of timing for that as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think that's good & about average , mine made 732 hp on 93 octane , on Mustang Dyno which will show a little lower than a Dynojet Dyno.
Thanks for the input. Mine was on a Dynocom dyno which they said was in between the 2 diff dynos.

Reactions: Mean Cat
1 - 20 of 56 Posts